• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.17 - Onyx v3

lol this is a serious bug, thanks for highlighting. not much you can do about, wait for .27 :)

Glad I could be of help. i will just roll back and wait for the new version with the fix :) vertoe darkcoin.io is still down. Where can I get the previous version for Mac?

I rolled back to 0.10.17.24 version and yet something similar happened. When I try to create a public address from "Addresses" tab (by pressing 'New Addresses") the above mentioned pop-up ("The entered address "" is no at valid Darkcoin address") shows up. But when i try to create public address from "Receive" tab (again by clicking "New Addresses" button), everything works smoothly. I then re-installed 0.10.17.26 and the same thing happened. Looks like this issue has nothing to do with the newest 0.10.17.26 version. It has always been there but managed to come this far unnoticed because everyone creates new public address from "receive" tab.

I always use latest version, so 0.10.17.26 it is, there are no 0.10.17.25 package.

I do as well, but if you go up a few posts you will see that there might be an issue with .26, and so I was wondering if it would be okay to proceed with updating, or hold off with .24 for now. I chose the ladder for now until I hear something else. thank you for the response.

I do as well, but if you go up a few posts you will see that there might be an issue with .26, and so I was wondering if it would be okay to proceed with updating, or hold off with .24 for now. I chose the ladder for now until I hear something else. thank you for the response.
What issue?

What issue?

this issue.

HEADS UP!

This release changes the public address of your multisignature holdings! The private keys and redeemscripts are untouched and you can still access your funds without any problems. You just might wish to regenerate the script to update the public key to recieve funds! Multisignature addresses start with '7' now. (Example.)

CC: fernando

lol this is a serious bug, thanks for highlighting. not much you can do about, wait for .27 :)

Glad I could be of help. i will just roll back and wait for the new version with the fix :) vertoe darkcoin.io is still down. Where can I get the previous version for Mac?

this issue.
If you need new sending address, then dont update to .26, i'm not sure if this issue is valid case for older versions.

But i think .26 fixes is more important.
10.17.25/26
- Fixed bugs with Start-many
- Fixed an issue where clients might not be able to validate a block and get stuck

I rolled back to 0.10.17.24 version and yet something similar happened. When I try to create a public address from "Addresses" tab (by pressing 'New Addresses") the above mentioned pop-up ("The entered address "" is no at valid Darkcoin address") shows up. But when i try to create public address from "Receive" tab (again by clicking "New Addresses" button), everything works smoothly. I then re-installed 0.10.17.26 and the same thing happened. Looks like this issue has nothing to do with the newest 0.10.17.26 version. It has always been there but managed to come this far unnoticed because everyone creates new public address from "receive" tab.
It's not a bug, it's tool misuse. New personal addresses are generated within the "Receive" tab. The "Addresses" tab is a storage list for payee addresses. The expectation is that you enter a valid address to allow you to pay this address multiple times.

Edited to quote more relevant post.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a bug, it's tool misuse. New personal addresses are generated within the "Receive" tab. The "Addresses" tab is a storage list for payee addresses. The expectation is that you enter a valid address to allow you to pay this address multiple times.

Edited to quote more relevant post.

Not correct. If Addresses tab is "just a storage list" then why we still have "New Address" button in that tab? Shouldn't we remove it if it doesn't create new unique address?

Yes, Mac link works and I installed it without any problem BUT when attempted to create a new wallet address, this pop up:

m1iv7Y5.png

How do I "regenerate the script [in Mac] to update the public key to recieve funds" as was warned by vertoe ? Also what is going to be the implication of this change to the exchanges?
I think you misunderstand the function of this tab. To create a new address for you to receive coins, just click on the "Receive" tab, it will ask if you want to label it, or just leave it blank, then you click on "OK" and it will create a new address for your wallet.

EDIT: Click on "Receive", then click on "New Address" to create a new address for your wallet. :)

The tab "Addresses" is for you to put in the addresses of people you send coins to. So in order to create a new address with this tab, you already have the address to put in the blank space, the wallet does not create for you. :)

Not correct. If Addresses tab is "just a storage list" then why we still have "New Address" button in that tab? Shouldn't we remove it if it doesn't create new address?

I think you misunderstand the function of this tab. To create a new address for your to receive coins, just click on the "Receive" tab, it will ask if you want to label it, or just leave it blank, then you click on "OK" and it will create a new address for your wallet.

The tab "Addresses" is for you to put in the addresses of people you send coins to. So in order to create a new address with this tab, you already have the address to put it in, the wallet does not create for you. :)

Exactly... The "New Address" button in the addresses tab does add a new payee address to your payee list, but naturally, it requires you to specify the address as generally, these will not be your addresses at least within the scope of that wallet.

Exactly... The "New Address" button in the addresses tab does add a new payee address to your payee list, but naturally, it requires you to specify the address as generally, these will not be your addresses at least within the scope of that wallet.
I think Light is having a blond moment ... lol... let;s just hope he understands what we're saying :)

LIght, if you're still confused, here's your new address i just created for you: XtiUsFqGSPQL9DFisDKBer7NZyi5AJQ1wa
Please send 400 DRK there please. It's your down payment for a new wallet, version Darkcoin Core 11 coming up soon ! :smile::grin::smile::grin:

I think Light is having a blond moment ... lol... let;s just hope he understands what we're saying :)

LIght, if you're still confused, here's your new address i just created for you: XtiUsFqGSPQL9DFisDKBer7NZyi5AJQ1wa
Please send 400 DRK there please. It's your down payment for a new wallet, version Darkcoin Core 11 coming up soon ! :smile::grin::smile::grin:

You are right. I edited my above post. But then shouldn't we do something about it because both of those tabs says "New Address" but the one in "Receive" section performs different task than the one in "Addresses" section. Perhaps the latter should say "register address"?

p.s. I accidentally sent you 400drk. Check your wallet ;)

You are right. But then shouldn't we do something about it because both of those tabs says "New Address" but the one in "Receive" section performs different task than the one in "Addresses" section. Perhaps the latter should say "register address"?
Yes I think it should be named something like "Payment Addresses" but we're going to have Darkcoin Core version soon and the wallet is different, maybe will make more sense to you.

p.s. I accidentally sent you 400drk. Check your wallet ;)

Hahahaha....

HEADS UP!

This release changes the public address of your multisignature holdings! The private keys and redeemscripts are untouched and you can still access your funds without any problems. You just might wish to regenerate the script to update the public key to recieve funds! Multisignature addresses start with '7' now. (Example.)

CC: fernando
Thanks for the heads up! I'm on a short late holiday and don't have the wallets with me, but I'll do tomorrow when I get home... This kind of things always happen when I'm away :)

Back