• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.16 - Onyx v2

I'm having trouble connecting to VULTR as well, so I'm guessing this is some sort of outage or larger routing problem. Let's all have a drink and wait 24 hours to see what shakes out.

my VPS came back up...I guess it went down because when I putty'd back in darkcoind wasn't running. Odd. crap.
ssh to your MN and run 'crontab -e'

If you get asked, select your text editor of choice, then add '@reboot /home/user/.darkcoin/darkcoind' to the end of the textfile that pops up. (Modify line to suit username and daemon location.)

Should restart darkcoind in the event of a brownout.

You can also add '@reboot /home/user/the-script-that-you-wrote-to-send-you-an-email-if-this-happens.sh' ;)

edit: see also https://www.digitalocean.com/commun...simple-bash-script-to-restart-server-programs - replace apache2 with darkcoind, handy for restarting the daemon if it craps out by itself, although I've never had a problem with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of weird stuff going on. My MN appeared to be running fine but I just did a "./darkcoind masternode list | grep <ipaddress>" and it returned "error; couldn't connect to server".

I've tried stopping and restarting darkcoind and now I can't get any response to "./darkcoind masternode list | grep <ipaddress>" (just brings a new command line with nothing, no error).

If I do "./darkcoind masternode list" I get only two listed (and neither are mine)

"185.7.80.116:9999" : 1
"104.156.252.222:9999" : 1

Something's not working properly I would say.

(BCT still offline too)

Lots of weird stuff going on. My MN appeared to be running fine but I just did a "./darkcoind masternode list | grep <ipaddress>" and it returned "error; couldn't connect to server".

I've tried stopping and restarting darkcoind and now I can't get any response to "./darkcoind masternode list | grep <ipaddress>" (just brings a new command line with nothing, no error).

If I do "./darkcoind masternode list" I get only two listed (and neither are mine)

(BCT still offline too)

I got the same "error couldn't connect to server"...I thought it was because my VPS went down but maybe darkcoind is just dying like Oblox. When I start up darkcoind again, and then go into my local wallet and do masternode start - that's when my IP shows up in my list. So if I add the cron job, won't I still have to go to my local wallet and run masternode start?

So if I add the cron job, won't I still have to go to my local wallet and run masternode start?

No, you should only have to do that once initially when there's a protocol version bump. Your MN AI should take care of itself otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
darkcoind just crashed on mainnet for me too... going back to 15.21....

EDIT: nothing unusual in debug.log

My masternodes that were showing in the list and grepping 1 are now kicking offline. Like darkcoind is timing out and the process needs to be manually restarted.

I was having this problem on testnet, took about an hour or so and my MN would stop running.

I've just reverted back to 15.21 too. It came up straight away and is running fine.

And blow me down, a 1.25 DRK payment just came in 5 minutes after restarting my MN back on 15.21! It was due, but I would've thought it to be such an unlikely moment that a payment would happen in amongst all this updating and reverting!

I suspected the start of the zombie apocalypse.

You're definitely onto something darkwing. "Zombie apocalypse" is now trending on social media. Get ready for doesn't-matter-how-many-times-you-stab-them-they-keep-getting-up-again fighting in the streets....

the trolls are eating each other now (zombie style) ?!

It's a zombie troll army masterminded by shojayxt (I knew he was going to go bad again) and they're walking the streets looking for shops or businesses displaying the BTC sign. Then they go in, hold up the staff and demand they bring out the block chain ('cause these are shojayxt crypto zombie trolls that feed off the block chain) or else they'll start biting people and adding them to the zombie force. So far not one business has been able to satisfy them with a "block chain" and, consequently, the mob's just getting bigger. Frightening stuff!

Exact same thing is happening for me. I can't get the MN back online.

We are so used to "instant MN network updates" in testnet, that we forget that mainnet takes it time - 1200 nodes is a lot :)

With poolhash offline for the past month and drk.mn taking a little while to catch up his code with each change, what is the best reference point, the QT wallets or the MN themselves? my QT wallet only shows 2 MN on mainnet.

eduffield The new build is bleeding resources (CPU usage and memory) which is inevitably causing crashes. From darkcoind on my ubuntu instances to qt on my win7 system, nearly all have crashed.

Back