• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.16 - Onyx v2

So... Just came back from work, and I read all this, what to do upgrade? or wait a patch (surely in less than 24h)?

ubuntu@ip-:~$ ./darkcoind masternode list
./darkcoind: error while loading shared libraries: cannot create cache for search path: Cannot allocate memory

Just got this too while refreshing the list...

And then:
-bash: fork: Cannot allocate memory

Memory leak?

So... Just came back from work, and I read all this, what to do upgrade? or wait a patch (surely in less than 24h)?

Update in the name of progress! My MN is staying online now but reporting that it is the only MN which I find hard to believe.

Just read everything after I updated.......
Nothing populates with: darkcoind masternode list | grep <ip>
and

/usr/bin/darkcoind getinfo
{
"version" : 101605,
"protocolversion" : 70045,
"walletversion" : 60001,
"balance" : 0.00000000,
"darksend_balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 169328,
"timeoffset" : 0,
"connections" : 13,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 3462.69217373,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1411407802,
"keypoolsize" : 1001,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"mininput" : 0.00001000,
"errors" : ""

See what happens

edit: back to 15.21

Last edited:
i had two MN's that spiked CPU for about 30 minutes after start then settled down. The others seemed OK. Running them on M1.Medium AWS instances.

My masternode list is strange on every server is different as others have noted. My masternodes feel very lonely.

1 out of 5 MNs got unresponsive on 16.5 during the night - the others are fine, but very lonely.

Also BCT users report memory leak in v101605 which will crash MN in the end.

I'm on 0.16.5 and one of my masternodes has already been paid. The interesting thing is that the paid masternode doesn't have masternodes in its list, not even itself (darkcoind masternode list has been giving me an empty list, or just one masternode that I don't know with status 0). Other masternodes do see it with status 1.

I'm also running 16.05 on my MNs; masternodes list is empty according to all of them. CPU load has stabilized, with a few surges to 40-50% (amazon m1.medium)

I'm on 0.16.5 and one of my masternodes has already been paid. The interesting thing is that the paid masternode doesn't have masternodes in its list, not even itself (darkcoind masternode list has been giving me an empty list, or just one masternode that I don't know with status 0). Other masternodes do see it with status 1.
If your masternode/IP was active as v15.21 masternode before, it is VERY likely that your node is still marked active in the old masternode network. Current v15.21 masternode population is still 1202. So your node is getting paid from a v15.21 miner, not a v16.5 miner :)

4 MNs got terminatificated by my UK VPS provider overnight, the AWS one wasn't quite dead, but zombified with CPU overload...

Hope Evan got a good night's sleep, and eats hearty for breakfast when he gets up, and tonight will hopefully not be dining in /dev/null. :grin:

I'm running 101605 on all my MNs but I've had a lot of crashes on the on remote server daemons. I had to write a quick shell script to check and restart the daemon as I kept getting alerts of downtime from my monitor.

Payouts are coming through although the masternode list isn't updating or showing my MNs.

I hope the next update fixes this.

I'm running 101605 on all my MNs but I've had a lot of crashes on the on remote server daemons. I had to write a quick shell script to check and restart the daemon as I kept getting alerts of downtime from my monitor.

Payouts are coming through although the masternode list isn't updating or showing my MNs.

I hope the next update fixes this.

There was a memory issue with 16.5 causing all of these issues. Feel free to compile from source:

https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin

Binaries will be pushed up soon

Back