• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.13.x RC5 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes to both.

I have been changing settings while the darksend process is active, I for example set the amount to anonymize to 2000 tDRK the process started normally, then moved the setting down to just 1tDRK, before I had any actual anon coins, the process just stopped and stayed idle for hours until I raised the amount again and then it started again. To me that was the expected behaviour although the soft limit is a little bit confusing. Also suspending the computer at different times, didnt produce collateral charges I guess that is good?

What I am really wondering now is how it will work with small wallets, lets say you have 45 DRK and want to mix 5DRK, maybe below a certain threshold you should be forced to anonymize your full balance. Anyway, if DRK price keeps rising smaller wallets will be more common so I will concentrate my testing efforts there.

Yes to both.

okay lets get some details :

- Total Balance of yr wallet
- Amount of Darkcoin to keep anonymized
- Pic of your coin control inputs on List Mode
- Pic of yr transactions
- number of Darksend Rounds set for yr wallet (i think you mentioned 8?)
- confirm Darksend status : enabled

you can also try the following :

disable darksend
close wallet
re-open wallet
set Amount of Darkcoin to keep anonymized to halve of your Total Balance
enable darksend

edit : if that doesnt work try what kryptofoo did .. disable darksend, send all yr coins to yrself.
then enable it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to send all my coins to myself again to get the darksend process running. Now it seems to be working normally. Hopefully the average enduser wont have to deal with annoyances like that.

OK, finally got a testnet wallet up and running! I too will be concentrating on smaller amounts being the optimist that I am feeling that DRK will be moon-bound shortly.. :grin: Smaller wallets will be the norm amongst regular folk.

Tao

okay lets get some details :

- Total Balance of yr wallet
- Amount of Darkcoin to keep anonymized
- Pic of yr transactions
- number of Darksend Rounds set for yr wallet (i think you mentioned 8?)
- confirm Darksend status : enabled

you can also try the following :

disable darksend
close wallet
re-open wallet
set Amount of Darkcoin to keep anonymized to halve of your Total Balance
enable darksend

edit : if that doesnt work try what kryptofoo did .. disable darksend, send all yr coins to yrself.
then enable it again.

I don't want to try anonymizing a bunch of coins, I want to do a small amount because everyone else is testing larger amounts.

- Total Balance of yr wallet - 2499
- Amount of Darkcoin to keep anonymized - 50
- Pic of yr transactions
- number of Darksend Rounds set for yr wallet (i think you mentioned 8?) - 6
- confirm Darksend status : enabled - Yes

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 87
i do think the problem is with the Amount of Darkcoin to keep anonymized - 50 when you have a large amount (2499 in yr case)
try raising to 150 to see if that kickstart anything .. then work back to see where exactly it stops working.
We can make a bug report then.

A couple of points:

- The popup window to de-encrypt wallet says "this operation" requires wallet unlocking, it should say "Darksend preparation" or other terminology requires unlocking so that the user knows what's happening when he/she enters their password.

- n/a's in the overview window should be changed to better describe what is happening behind the scenes.

Tao

Last edited by a moderator:
i do think the problem is with the Amount of Darkcoin to keep anonymized - 50 when you have a large amount (2499 in yr case)
try raising to 150 to see if that kickstart anything .. then work back to see where exactly it stops working.
We can make a bug report then.

Set to 100 without sending the coins to myself, got my first darksend denominate. Wonder if there is a threshold that as a percentage of the total balance is too small to initiate. Might be worth others trying to replicate smaller thresholds as well as it will take time going through rounds.

Balance 3000, amount to anonymize: 100, Darksend rounds 4, working swimmingly so far, excellent. Will report any problems.

Tao

eduffield : looks like there are still problems with amount to keep anonymized below 100 with large wallets (amount to keep anonymized 50 with wallet amount 2499 appearently stops Darksend+), you might need to re-think the amount to anonymize code or make it so that large wallets cant go below 100 to keep anonymized ..

While doing it's "Darksend", thing, the wallet gives a message from time to time: "ERROR: Incompatible Denominations". This should be changed, as the average user is going to see the word ERROR and think something is wrong. Maybe something along the lines of No Compatible Denominations at Present: Will Retry, or something to that affect.

Tao

Set to 100 without sending the coins to myself, got my first darksend denominate. Wonder if there is a threshold that as a percentage of the total balance is too small to initiate. Might be worth others trying to replicate smaller thresholds as well as it will take time going through rounds.
It just means that nobody else on the network is testing small amounts; hence, you can't find someone to pair with. Hopefully DRK will be used by so many people on Main net, so many different amounts of drk are being anonymized by so many people, then the pairing will be less troublesome. Evan said if you set up 3 clients and get them to do the anonymizing with the same threshold of any amount, they will pair and the anonymizing happens. But I was told that if you do that then there will be no anonymity. Just have to pair with someone else. (Dev team, pls correct me if i'm wrong, thanks.)

What does coin control look like? Since you only know that it is going to anonymize more than 1000 coins but not the actual number there many be another 10-15 coins that will be added to your anonymized balance when they reach 8 rounds.
Sorry I had to log off to go and just now read your post. Here's a screenshot of the Coin Control of my wallet, it got all 8 rounds, except one amount at 7 rounds:

upload_2014-9-6_17-59-49.png

A couple of points:

- The popup window to de-encrypt wallet says "this operation" requires wallet unlocking, it should say "Darksend preparation" or other terminology requires unlocking so that the user knows what's happening when he/she enters their password.

- n/a's in the overview window should be changed to better describe what is happening behind the scenes.

Tao
Can you log this in jira please?

If any of you guys want to test a small amount, let me know so we can do it right now to see if this will work? Thanks.

PS. For example, if you guys want to test 50 tdrk at 4 rounds, let me know and I'll set my wallet in options with the same and we'll see if the anonymizing can go fast. Thanks.

I think it worth trying sub-100 with balances above 2500
I don't think high balance really matters. If you'd want to test 50 tdrk at 4 rounds, try it now. I've got my wallet set and it's "waiting in the queue".. Let's try it! thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back