• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.13.x RC5 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evan, any way you can include the "n/a" as 0 when you compute the percentage for the status bar?

As it is now, you jump to 1 round and then stay there for a long time while all the rest of your coins get to 1 round. Makes it look like the client is "stuck" when it there really is no problem.

The completion bar stays at 100% even though new funds are being anonymized.

I will edit this post when new funds are anonymized(and if they are anonymized). So far RC5 looks really good. I think this is the RC that will make the price jump sky high. I just hope it won't be moved to mainnet until all bugs are sorted out.

Good job Darkcoin team.

Edit: The bar jumped now to 57% as new funds are being anonymized. I think its just a GUI bug that the completion bar doesn't get set to 0% after job is finished.

Edit2: I just had an error that said "Not compatible with existing transactions".

Darkcoin test squad, you are doing a tremendous job!

Edit: The bar jumped now to 57% as new funds are being anonymized. I think its just a GUI bug that the completion bar doesn't get set to 0% after job is finished.

Edit2: I just had an error that said "Not compatible with existing transactions".

Thanks for reporting, already noted in JIRA :)

http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-44
http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-46

I will edit this post when new funds are anonymized(and if they are anonymized). So far RC5 looks really good. I think this is the RC that will make the price jump sky high. I just hope it won't be moved to mainnet until all bugs are sorted out.

Good job Darkcoin team.

I have seen similar behavior, progress bar jumping back and forth during anonymizing.

Anonymizing has completed now. Just one question.
It's probably just me, not fully understanding the progres...

I've set darksend rounds to 8 and 1000 drk's to keep anonymized (2000 in my wallet)

Now after denominating is done, i've checked and i've paid 0.26 tDRK total for denominating (so 21 times). I figured it would cost me just 8 times 0.0125 since i've put 8 rounds.
Is this normal behavior? And if so, is there a way to predict what the cost is going to be before starting the denominating?

I have seen similar behavior, progress bar jumping back and forth during anonymizing.

Anonymizing has completed now. Just one question.
It's probably just me, not fully understanding the progres...

I've set darksend rounds to 8 and 1000 drk's to keep anonymized (2000 in my wallet)

Now after denominating is done, i've checked and i've paid 0.26 tDRK total for denominating (so 21 times). I figured it would cost me just 8 times 0.0125 since i've put 8 rounds.
Is this normal behavior? And if so, is there a way to predict what the cost is going to be before starting the denominating?
I think it's because each round of DS+ doesn't necessarily involve all your DRK (or the DRK you've asked to be anonymised) but instead just whatever is compatable with the pools currently available, which makes it tricky to give precise figures for the total cost per x DRK.

I suppose a further user-selectable option could be added, anonymise cheaply (takes longer) or faster (costs more) but it still wouldn't give you any guarantees so might not be worth it?

I think it's because each round of DS+ doesn't necessarily involve all your DRK (or the DRK you've asked to be anonymised) but instead just whatever is compatable with the pools currently available, which makes it tricky to give precise figures for the total cost per x DRK.

I suppose a further user-selectable option could be added, anonymise cheaply (takes longer) or faster (costs more) but it still wouldn't give you any guarantees so might not be worth it?
Oh ok, i get it.
It would be cool to be able to set some kind of an "anonimizing budget".

I mean, for now it's ok, 0.26 drk is still less dan one dollar. But that could change in the future...
Especially for people who just own a couple of DRK's, I think it would be a scary to see the fees rolling in, not knowing what it would cost in the end to get anonymized.

Now, if i understand correctly, the more users anonymizing at the same time, the more available entries at the pool. That would mean, the anonymizing getting cheaper when used on main net, right?

1000DRK through 8 rounds of DS+ costing 0.00026% is still a bloody good deal... but yes I think an anon-budget might be a good idea in future.

1000DRK through 8 rounds of DS+ costing 0.00026% is still a bloody good deal... but yes I think an anon-budget might be a good idea in future.
Hell yeah! I won't be the one complaining ;)

But in my experience (web development) i have had a lot of contact with end users during testing. Its with these people in mind i'm thinking now.
When they would see there money "disappearing" (even when it's close to nothing. It is still a red number with a minus symbol), without understanding fully, and more importantly without feeling in control of whats happening. A lot of them will quickly come to the conclusion. "weird stuff, to nerdy, not for me".

Maybe I was just impatient, had to leave the house. I am on my cell now will check later. Anyway, the first time it was pretty much instantaneous when I had no anon funds, second time I wasnt sure what to expect as to when the process should/would start again. It just kept showing 100%, like I said maybe I left too soon. But something like new non anon funds detected... denom should start shortly would be great.

Just an update on this, I opened up the wallet again today and the process started again on its own, very cool. I guess I was just impatient yesterday.

I'm participating in this testing as an end user as well, using the windows wallet which imo will be used by mainstream users. Anyways, after being WOWed by the speedy anonymizing of the first 1000 drk... I spent 300 drk, and received 701.99 drk. I left the Options settings the same (1000 drk to be anonymized at 8 rounds), but nothing happened overnight.

This morning I changed the amount to 800, waited, the anonymization progress bar stayed the same at 86%. Restarted the wallet, waited, the progress bar was still the same. Changed the amount to 1000, waited, it didn't make the anonymizing to budge. There have been talks about we can make it even more anonymous by going through 8 rounds a few times. Can this happen yet? How?

I understand that the anonymizing has to wait for compatible pairs, but I'm wondering if this is a bug. The first initial 1000 drk were anonymized fast, but it seems the next process is halted or something.

upload_2014-9-5_13-25-3.png

I'm participating in this testing as an end user as well, using the windows wallet which imo will be used by mainstream users. Anyways, after being WOWed by the speedy anonymizing of the first 1000 drk... I spent 300 drk, and received 701.99 drk. I left the Options settings the same (1000 drk to be anonymized at 8 rounds), but nothing happened overnight.

This morning I changed the amount to 800, waited, the anonymization progress bar stayed the same at 86%. Restarted the wallet, waited, the progress bar was still the same. Changed the amount to 1000, waited, it didn't make the anonymizing to budge. There have been talks about we can make it even more anonymous by going through 8 rounds a few times. Can this happen yet? How?

I understand that the anonymizing has to wait for compatible pairs, but I'm wondering if this is a bug. The first initial 1000 drk were anonymized fast, but it seems the next process is halted or something.

View attachment 410

I'm curious if the development team has automated testing in place to catch these splitting/mixing bugs. Ideally it should be tested on some kind of testnet or simulated testnet with many different sized inputs and fast confirmation times before the code is pushed out.

If we had enough tDRK which we do, as well as 10 or 20 wallet's on linux it would probably be fairly trivial to build some scripts to just send around the dark's over and over again. This is fairly scriptable from teh linux client though I'm sure there is probably code out there somewhere to help address this. I def agree a commitment to testnet architecture could go a long way in teh bug finding process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back