• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.12.x RC4 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto-denom should cost 0.001 in fees, I'll look into that. It definitely has a cost though (although, it will be really low). A fee of 0.025 means you got hit by the collateral bug (which I'm also looking into).
Is there a way to keep transactions for autodenom under the 5000 bytes size?
I am really ok with the fees as long as I am doing it myself like triggering denom manually or after a popup when the process understand it needs a larger tx size (like it happens when sending DRK already).

Started my v0.10.12.9 (0xdc7468f2de0ae12ba92049f71bad398172555ece) node back up a bit ago and it began creating very high system load. Checked the terminal I started the daemon in and I see a bunch of:
Code:
EXCEPTION: St9bad_alloc
std::bad_alloc
darkcoin in ProcessMessages()
What OS are you running?

When did we get a Chinese wallet?
Is that above post real?
Can't see any Chinese in above post.

Well - I thought you would be a little more "in-depth" then that - LOL

Jump to the bottom of Pg 37

Raico New Member

Then let me know -lol
Sorry, i misinterpreted "above post" - i thought you refer to

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-testing.1830/page-38#post-13940 and not
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-testing.1830/page-37#post-13937

:)

Ur right it is in Chinese - is this coming through the OS language pack or the app?

All litecoin clones are capabale of multiple languages (including chinese), but i doubt that its already using the correct term for "Darksend"

https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin/tree/master/src/qt/locale

****** Please Update To 10.12.9 or 9.12.9 *******

-Fixed crashing issues
-Added possible fix for masternode list syncing

Also, in .9:

-SplitUpMoney now calculates the balance correctly
-Denominations are now 1 satoshi higher (denominated inputs will have to be regenerated as the client will not recognize the old ones)
-SplitUpMoney does a better job of splitting up really large wallets now

RPC calls are changed a bit:
  • darksend denominate 100 - Will denominate 100DRK
  • darksend auto - Will run AutoDenominate
  • darksend Xaddr 100 - Will send 100 denominated DRK to Xaddr
  • sendtoaddress Xaddr 100 - Will send 100 non-denominated DRK to Xaddr
How this run in Linux Suse 11.2 x86?

Look guys - I'm not trying to be an ASS -
I am asking questions -
Is the Chinese looking Wallet statement true or not?

IS DRK - being represented honestly?
Or is it FUD?

A lack of response by the DEV's most likely means that they are sleeping

I'm not in a hurry for an answer - I just don't need unofficial results displayed in a NON-English languange
by a wallet that looks NOTHING like the DRK wallet I know
On what is suppose to be the RC4 test pages

I am asking questions -

Or is it FUD?

I'm not in a hurry for an answer - I just don't need unofficial results displayed in a NON-English languange
Hi MangledBlue, I am confident to tell you that it's directly download from the official test link. Although i think maybe you prefer an official answer, but here is my environment that may be you are willing to have a try:

Linux-Mint 16 KDE 64 bit. Select Chinese language pack when you install (in your Virtual machine )
APP:
Test RC4 : darkcoin-qt 10.12.9

And BTW: you can change your QT language in the settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to keep transactions for autodenom under the 5000 bytes size?
I am really ok with the fees as long as I am doing it myself like triggering denom manually or after a popup when the process understand it needs a larger tx size (like it happens when sending DRK already).
eduffield I think it is important to clarify the situation about autodenomination fees by the time RC4 is released to mainnet. Ideally those fees should not exist for autodenomination but if it is unavoidable due to the size of involved transactions they need to be fully transparent and a lambda user should be able to easily estimate them beforehand.

I am asking questions -

Or is it FUD?

Hi MangledBlue,
I'm no official DRK-developer but as a software-engineer I think I can answer your question.
The language packs are available for multiple languages, as flare already mentioned. You can choose them under settings.

But I read in your question a concern about the look of the wallet. The wallet GUI is written in Qt which is a plattform-independent framework for user interfaces and much more. Raico is using propably a different desktop environment than you do. As he mentioned he is using Linux Mint, so I guess its either Cinnamon or Mate desktop environments. The Qt API allows the desktop environment to look the wallet a bit like the system. That's why it looks different to yours. What are you using, Windows 8?

--toe

eduffield I think it is important to clarify the situation about autodenomination fees by the time RC4 is released to mainnet. Ideally those fees should not exist for autodenomination but if it is unavoidable due to the size of involved transactions they need to be fully transparent and a lambda user should be able to easily estimate them beforehand.

I agree. Something that is done automatically without user input AND that collects a fee, will not sit well with the community. A few suggestion Evan, if feasible

- In the Overview tab, under Balance, have individual entries for Denominated Amount and Non-Denominated amount, so the user knows exactly how much he has available to D+ ... then also total balance and unconfirmed. That would look awesome!

- Be able to allocate how much one wants to auto-demoninate, and press a button to start the process. Maybe I dont want anonymity for any give sized tx. Or the opposite, be able to un-anonymize a certain given amount to send D-. Be it micro or macro tx, some of then need not to be untraceable to validate

had another one but forgot...

FYI, deleted the testnet3 folder entirely yesterday, so brand new everything. Collateral bug hitting strong. Just so you know its not a legacy update bug. And whats with that address? Its always the same. If the fees go to miners, then that address should vary to the block finding entity right, a solo miner, P2pool, Nomp pool, etc... Its always the same one. Anyone else?

jELszR2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi MangledBlue,
I'm no official DRK-developer but as a software-engineer I think I can answer your question.
The language packs are available for multiple languages, as flare already mentioned. You can choose them under settings.

But I read in your question a concern about the look of the wallet. The wallet GUI is written in Qt which is a plattform-independent framework for user interfaces and much more. Raico is using propably a different desktop environment than you do. As he mentioned he is using Linux Mint, so I guess its either Cinnamon or Mate desktop environments. The Qt API allows the desktop environment to look the wallet a bit like the system. That's why it looks different to yours. What are you using, Windows 8?

--toe

Yes, vertoe is right. Just a little different with Cinnamon and Mate they are providing now. My OS is KDE destop environment. I just plan to paste the link that where i donwload from. But after i reaching their site, it seems that they just provide LTS Verison now. Mine is linuxmint-16-kde-64 which i have been using for a while.
http://www.linuxmint.com/download_all.php here is the link.

All litecoin clones are capabale of multiple languages (including chinese), but i doubt that its already using the correct term for "Darksend"

https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin/tree/master/src/qt/locale
No, it's still Darksend.
snapshot8.png
snapshot9.png

I never thought my Darksend posting creat another language posting~ :smile:

And i agree with yidakee and BelStar about the denomination fees. Let the wallet owner know what they are doing and leave them some options may helps alot.

yidakee, from memory, I think collateral goes to collateral wallet. Fee for auto denom goes to miners but as you pointed out should probably be free, or at least let people control what is auto denominated.

So, to clarify - the 0.002 fee goes to the miners but 20% of that will go to MN's?
If so - is that per Demon transaction? or per Demon as a whole transaction?

The fees are part of the added to the block reward. 20% of which is paid to a random MN.
No idea what a "Demon transaction" is.

flare
If I understand the concept of spork correctly, at one point we will enforce masternode payments on mainnet without the need to update clients or modify critical mainnet parameters. Should this situation not be reproduced on testnet during RC4 testing? Is it part of the test plan?

flare
If I understand the concept of spork correctly, at one point we will enforce masternode payments on mainnet without the need to update clients or modify critical mainnet parameters. Should this situation not be reproduced on testnet during RC4 testing? Is it part of the test plan?

It is ;)

- Darksend+ (changes outlined here: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-updates-july-15th.1788/)
- Masternode consessus voting spork (with enforcability, we'll switch enforcing on and test this)
- Masternode list syncing capabilities - Nodes should be able to ask and get into sync when discrepancies popup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back