• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC5 Launch (MANDATORY UPDATE)

I agree that it could be confusing though. Perhaps the client should "hide" those from the basic view and only show it on advanced.
I don't think that keeping people in the dark is the answer... No pun intended...

A simple explanation would do just fine.

Though, I think the wallet design that hasn't been done yet (hope he's doing better) included a decimal obfuscation mode. We really don't need to see all 8 all the time. At least not with current granularity of market valuation.

Not really understanding it then. Why not upgrade now and enforce in 3 weeks?

flare or eduffield could clarify. As I understand it, you dont need to update again the code is already in this version the spork is like a remote control fork with a switch you can only flip once. This means everybody updates now, when Evan feels the network is at a compliance level where enforcement would go smoothly he flips the switch, but there is no need to update again.

flare or eduffield could clarify. As I understand it, you dont need to update again the code is already in this version the spork is like a remote control fork with a switch you can only flip once. This means everybody updates now, when Evan feels the network is at a compliance level where enforcement would go smoothly he flips the switch, but there is no need to update again.
This is correct - we are waiting for 90% of network hash to be updated, which correlates with masternode payments to RC5 masternodes.

So elbereths' stats are a nice measure how far we are ---> currently 56% of blocks are paid to RC5 nodes.

Spork enables us to switch on the enforcement via 'remote control' (and vice versa), no further update of code needed.

6Vg88.jpg

What happens if after 3 weeks we have 80%?
It's either 90% or 3 weeks. So if tomorrow we've reached 90%, Evan will turn on the switch, if not, wait for 3 weeks, even if it's 80% then, he'll turn on the switch. :smile:

20% network hash can't fork the network - not updated miners will fork off and get orphaned.
Why wait for 90% then. Let's do it at 80% :) Any reason for 90%?
Sorry, I am only trying to understand this :)

Flare, to update from v.9.12.32 to v.9.13.15, do we have to make a fresh wallet and send the coins to the new wallet? Or can we just merge the old wallet to v.9.13.15?

Thank you.

Back