• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC2 Hard Fork on May 14th!

It's sad. Writing a patch to support masternode payments is above my capability.

I have noticed, harkfork will be on "Wed, 14 May 2014 19:09:40 GMT"

I will switch my p2pool node to Maternode for the time being.

EDIT:
On p2pool, there will be a lot of hassle.
With current masternode payments, can't run p2pool + masternode.
As Evan's plan, p2pool shoud hardfork several times.
(Personally, I will disable p2pool till RC4)

It is really sad! I really think p2pool is important especially for DRK. We as a community who a give great deal about anonymization and truslessnes should embrace the decentralised nature of p2pools.
Hope it will be patchable!
And thx chaeplin for your great work for p2p mining so far!

We just need help. Hopefully Evan will figure it out before the 14th. Please don't close down your p2pools until the fork, 'cause they'll work until then!

I will keep my p2pool node running as long as possible, but I agree stef, darkcoin without p2pool network means a major loss of decentralization.

I'm still having issues starting my masternode with my balance in another wallet. I opened port 9999 to my computer, then I started darkcoind via ./darkcoind -masternodeaddr="server's ip address" then I unlocked my wallet for 300 seconds, and tried to start my masternode on my server via darkcoind masternode start "mypassphrase" and I get "not capable masternode" I even opened my server up to the whole internet, and it didn't help. Is this working for anyone else? Have I forgotten a step? Do I need to do anything from the server's end to reach the wallet with the coins?

Thanks for any help :)

Same problem still as above, if anyone can help me? I did do a ./darkcoind getaccountaddress 0 and got a different address, I sent the coin to that address, tried again to start my local wallet up with ./darkcoind -masternodeaddr="server's ip address" , then went to my server address and tried to start the MasterNode, and got "not capable masternode" again. I wanted to check my "address 0" to make sure that it was correct, so I did ./darkcoind getaccountaddress 0 again, and got a completely new address (I think it just generates new addresses??)

Please, can anyone suggest what I might be forgetting or where to look for issues? Thanks so much!!

Same problem still as above, if anyone can help me? I did do a ./darkcoind getaccountaddress 0 and got a different address, I sent the coin to that address, tried again to start my local wallet up with ./darkcoind -masternodeaddr="server's ip address" , then went to my server address and tried to start the MasterNode, and got "not capable masternode" again. I wanted to check my "address 0" to make sure that it was correct, so I did ./darkcoind getaccountaddress 0 again, and got a completely new address (I think it just generates new addresses??)

Please, can anyone suggest what I might be forgetting or where to look for issues? Thanks so much!!

I went to check on my MN, and yeah weird. Dont masternode addresses start with "m" ?

Here is my 1k deposit

{
"account" : "0",
"address" : "msVwP4pBRsEB3o8MH3gTMDyd6VpgNuKTaD",
"category" : "receive",
"amount" : 1000.00000000,
"confirmations" : 1201,
"blockhash" : "000000017a8ae205d2daf1ec2f05a30537647f03e076dc851b3d8ea0293488b7",
"blockindex" : 2,
"blocktime" : 1398982734,
"txid" : "5780f438d47e75e23dadbe9c34e06d18ed70373cc7d96aaee12038211d50e52f",
"time" : 1398982689,
"timereceived" : 1398982689
},

I ran getaaccountaddress 0 a few times, generates a NEW address, starting with "n" ... but always the same.

ubuntu@ip-172-31-23-208:~$ darkcoind getaccountaddress 0
n3EaPbDD1Rxb3Z2VWiso3fw4nDrNRqZBaW
ubuntu@ip-172-31-23-208:~$
ubuntu@ip-172-31-23-208:~$

Very sad about the p2pools, but I'm sure this will get fixed in time. Bigger fish to fry right now!

Okay, I need a clarification. Should we update our masternodes to RC2 or not? ... I've updated my windows wallet. But not sure what to do with my masternodes. Thanks guys.

Very sad about the p2pools, but I'm sure this will get fixed in time. Bigger fish to fry right now!
I just browsed the p2pool code, this is quite some task.

Who fixed the other mining pool backends? We really need this p2pool update.

Yes, our masternodes must be updated by May 14th to be functional and to participate in the payment system.

I went to check on my MN, and yeah weird. Dont masternode addresses start with "m" ?

Here is my 1k deposit

I ran getaaccountaddress 0 a few times, generates a NEW address, starting with "n" ... but always the same.
Were you able to run a masternode with a remote wallet holding your coin?

When I do "getaccountaddress" I get an X address. I have something wrong obviously, but no idea what. I tried, after starting my wallet with the ip address of my remote wallet, to turn my local account into a masternode with masternode start, it started up as a masternode, then I did getaccountaddress 0 and got another X address. What is my problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you clarify what this mean?
-> (Without DarkSend. For pool operators and anyone else that wants to compile from opensource):

Why pool operators have to use without Darksend version?
What is the different between with DarkSend and without DarkSend.

With DarkSend version -> send all coins in DarkSend by default? so pool operators must not use it?
Without DarkSend version -> includes masternode payouts but DarkSend is not included? or disable?

The update changes how mining works. payments will be made to masternodes. This part of the code has been open sourced. However, DarkSEnd is still "under the hood". If you compile your own wallets, you will not get DarkSEnd, however, you will get what you need to continue to communicate with the network after we hit whatever block Evan chose to fork at for the new payment system. This will effect all transactions, so everyone, regardless if they use DarkSend beta or not, must update their wallets by May 14th.

Yes, our masternodes must be updated by May 14th to be functional and to participate in the payment system.
Thanks, I suspected as much, but then read about a whole bunch of people who updated but weren't able to launch the master node.

Also, I started a thread here, for a request of a guide for runing a remote masternode, without the 1000DRK on the server. As there hasn't been any official instructions or decent guides on this
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/ne...e-remotely-without-the-1000drk-on-server.386/
Hopefully someone can chime in!

Here is my 1k deposit

yidakee, I think you might be using the testnet wallet? I just remembered that those addresses start with m's or something

Back