• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

New version 9.4.0 and 10.8.0

updated with local/remote setup but get "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: 0," did anyone succesfully do the local/remote setup?
Not yet and I'm not sure if those who say they have actually have. When I do it, I can see my masternode off my local wallet, but nowhere else.

Not yet and I'm not sure if those who say they have actually have. When I do it, I can see my masternode off my local wallet, but nowhere else.

same here. I had it working once after update to v10.8, but then I wanted to try with the Elastic IP for my EC2 and even since then, I can no longer get my MN to show up on the remote server list, only shows up in the local QT wallet list. been having this issue since v10.7...

same here. I had it working once after update to v10.8, but then I wanted to try with the Elastic IP for my EC2 and even since then, I can no longer get my MN to show up on the remote server list, only shows up in the local QT wallet list. been having this issue since v10.7...

well i got it show up finally but then as soon as i close my local QT wallet, it disappeared from the list on the remote server and now I can't get it back on the list on the remote server, even after starting up the local QT wallet...still only shows in the local QT wallet MN list...this is with v10.8.3 on mainnet.

I would like to report that I was able to update and run my masternodes, using the local/remote wallet setup. The process was the same, but you need to remember that the local wallet is also going to need its own masternodeprivkey=[output from genkey]. So once you have the server side ready. On your local wallet darkcoin.conf change masternode=1, to 0. Get the masternode privkey, add it to the darkcoin.conf and change back to masternode=1. After that, follow the same process we use before to start the masternode remotely. From humanitee:

Start darkcoind on the remote machine.
On your local machine, send 1000 DRK to a newly generated wallet. Send it to the 0th address. If you use darkcoin-qt version to make your wallets, send it to the first (and only if it was newly generated) address.
On your local machine specify the server IP at launch with: ./darkcoind -masternodeaddr=YOUR_SERVER_IP:9999
Unlock your local machine's newly generated 1000 DRK wallet with your passphrase, ## is the time in seconds before the wallet will be once again locked: ./darkcoind walletpassphrase 'your wallet passphrase here' ##
On your local machine, ./darkcoind masternode start

For the above to work your local wallet must already have its own privkey on the darkcoin.conf (this key is different from the server one). I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to report that I was able to update and run my masternodes, using the local/remote wallet setup. The process was the same, but you need to remember that the local wallet is also going to need its own masternodeprivkey=[output from genkey]. So once you have the server side ready. On your local wallet darkcoin.conf change masternode=1, to 0. Get the masternode privkey, add it to the darkcoin.conf and change back to masternode=1. After that, follow the same process we use before to start the masternode remotely. From humanitee:

Start darkcoind on the remote machine.
On your local machine, send 1000 DRK to a newly generated wallet. Send it to the 0th address. If you use darkcoin-qt version to make your wallets, send it to the first (and only if it was newly generated) address.
On your local machine specify the server IP at launch with: ./darkcoind -masternodeaddr=YOUR_SERVER_IP:9999
Unlock your local machine's newly generated 1000 DRK wallet with your passphrase, ## is the time in seconds before the wallet will be once again locked: ./darkcoind walletpassphrase 'your wallet passphrase here' ##
On your local machine, ./darkcoind masternode start

For the above to work your local wallet must already have its own privkey on the darkcoin.conf (this key is different from the server one). I hope this helps.

thanks for the info, just one question. Do you generate a new priv key on the local wallet, or do you just add the one generated on the remote server to the local .conf?

Hold on... generate the key on the server, but that same key has to be on both local / remote config file, right?

DIT: Thats how I did it on mainnet, and masternode started perfect. Cant find it on the list though, but it should show up pretty soon. Counting 31 so far

I did it using different keys and mine started fine too, and I can see my other masternodes from the list of a separate masternode. With this I am not saying that it does not work using the same key as I didnt try that, maybe it works both ways. All I am saying is that for me it worked using separate keys and my masternodes can see each other just fine and I have more than 2.

I did it using different keys and mine started fine too, and I can see my other masternodes from the list of a separate masternode. With this I am not saying that it does not work using the same key as I didnt try that, maybe it works both ways. All I am saying is that for me it worked using separate keys and my masternodes can see each other just fine and I have more than 2.

hm tried it again with 2 seperate keys for local and remote. But still my ip changes to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9999 :0 after some time... maybe it's because I close the local wallet... but it should work nevertheless... :(

hm tried it again with 2 seperate keys for local and remote. But still my ip changes to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9999 :0 after some time... maybe it's because I close the local wallet... but it should work nevertheless... :(
Try this, connect to the server, stop darkcoind, wait a few secs, start darkcoind. Then repeat the local process of starting the masternode. I had one node that went to xxxx.xxxx.xxx:9999: 0, in the middle of all this updates. I restarted it on the server, did the local masternode start again. And has been working well since then.

EDIT: Another thing i do is I wait till I see the masternode on chaeplins masternode count, before I stop darkcoind in the local machine

Try this, connect to the server, stop darkcoind, wait a few secs, start darkcoind. Then repeat the local process of starting the masternode. I had one node that went to xxxx.xxxx.xxx:9999: 0, in the middle of all this updates. I restarted it on the server, did the local masternode start again. And has been working well since then.

EDIT: Another thing i do is I wait till I see the masternode on chaeplins masternode count, before I stop darkcoind in the local machine

Are you on EC2? Have you tried logging in, stopping the instance for a few minutes, and restarting it? This will create a brande new public IP, in essence a "brand new" masternode to the network.

tried again today. Stop server darcoind for at least 10min, deleted local and server peers.dat, then restarted the darkcoind server aswell as the masternode from the local wallet. Everthing seems ok so far :)

Back