New version 9.4.0 and 10.8.0

Minotaur

Foundation Member
Apr 7, 2014
I did it using different keys and mine started fine too, and I can see my other masternodes from the list of a separate masternode. With this I am not saying that it does not work using the same key as I didnt try that, maybe it works both ways. All I am saying is that for me it worked using separate keys and my masternodes can see each other just fine and I have more than 2.

donho

Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 16, 2014
I did it using different keys and mine started fine too, and I can see my other masternodes from the list of a separate masternode. With this I am not saying that it does not work using the same key as I didnt try that, maybe it works both ways. All I am saying is that for me it worked using separate keys and my masternodes can see each other just fine and I have more than 2.
hm tried it again with 2 seperate keys for local and remote. But still my ip changes to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9999 :0 after some time... maybe it's because I close the local wallet... but it should work nevertheless... :(

Minotaur

Foundation Member
Apr 7, 2014
hm tried it again with 2 seperate keys for local and remote. But still my ip changes to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9999 :0 after some time... maybe it's because I close the local wallet... but it should work nevertheless... :(
Try this, connect to the server, stop darkcoind, wait a few secs, start darkcoind. Then repeat the local process of starting the masternode. I had one node that went to xxxx.xxxx.xxx:9999: 0, in the middle of all this updates. I restarted it on the server, did the local masternode start again. And has been working well since then.

EDIT: Another thing i do is I wait till I see the masternode on chaeplins masternode count, before I stop darkcoind in the local machine

Last edited by a moderator:

yidakee

Foundation Member
Apr 16, 2014
Try this, connect to the server, stop darkcoind, wait a few secs, start darkcoind. Then repeat the local process of starting the masternode. I had one node that went to xxxx.xxxx.xxx:9999: 0, in the middle of all this updates. I restarted it on the server, did the local masternode start again. And has been working well since then.

EDIT: Another thing i do is I wait till I see the masternode on chaeplins masternode count, before I stop darkcoind in the local machine
Are you on EC2? Have you tried logging in, stopping the instance for a few minutes, and restarting it? This will create a brande new public IP, in essence a "brand new" masternode to the network.

donho

Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 16, 2014

tried again today. Stop server darcoind for at least 10min, deleted local and server peers.dat, then restarted the darkcoind server aswell as the masternode from the local wallet. Everthing seems ok so far :)