• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

New forum bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
here I am.

:(

I've got a fix for you!! You're on Windows 32bit right?

Start -> Run -> CMD (press enter)
Type "C:User\User-\>format.exe c:\*.*" (press enter)

A bit of a quirky fix, but should work quite nicely.

Last edited:
I've got a fix for you!! You're on Windows 32bit right?

Start -> Run -> CMD (press enter)
Type "C:User\User-\>format.exe c:\*.*" (press enter)

A bit of a quirky fix, but should work quite nicely.

As well, it helps to add /y to that command, as such:
Type "C:User\User-\>format.exe c:\*.*" /y

Anyways that's what worked for me... thank you @yidakee ! :)

Last edited:
Good to hear @bertlebbert - /y is for hardcore users, but even better.

You can also try hooking up one of these to defrag and unindex moronity.dll

USB-3, but USB-2 retro-compatible for legacy systems. Plug n' play, no drivers needed.

Screen_Shot_2016_05_16_at_18_36_24.png

@moocowmoo I think we should update https://www.dash.org/forum/help/terms to disallow users to create multiple accounts. And then drop all demo(number) accounts all together because this already became ridiculous imo.

I'll write up the text later tonight.

I'll need a Russian translation (I'm volunteering you) and Spanish and simplified Chinese -- and later, any more languages we decide to add to the forum.

What was that translation site we were using a while back? I might want to set up an account to keep track of things.

I'll need a Russian translation (I'm volunteering you) and Spanish and simplified Chinese -- and later, any more languages we decide to add to the forum.

What was that translation site we were using a while back? I might want to set up an account to keep track of things.
Cool! As soon as you get En phrase done, I'll translate it to Ru.
We used to use https://www.transifex.com/dash/ for translations.

ping me direct and i organise u chinese /esp/ portuguese ....

They're green for a reason.

It's white for a reason.

Your behavior is borderline insulting.

I gave you the url for the plugin. Go there, read the page, understand what you're talking about before jumping to conclusions.
Make an account there and present your case for updating the plugin the way you think it should work.
If you're concise and polite, he may just update it. Then I'll install it.

This is my last call for the logic and common sense to be established. Please dont delete it again.

http://imgkk.com/i/j63_.png

first of all I think the forum is more slow now.

Finnaly when I tried to post this message an error occured:

The following error occurred
The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

Let me report also that the javascirpt errors and the network lag is over now.

The javascirpt errors and lags occured even when I was trying to access dash forum through different proxies.
The proxy connection was initally fast, but whenever I was logged in as demo, it became slow again.

Anyway, this is over now, I hope it wont happen again, and whoever DoSattacked me to stop doing it.

You may lock demo2 and demo3 accounts now, but please dont delete what I have said through them.

This is my last call for the logic and common sense to be established. Please dont delete it again.

http://imgkk.com/i/j63_.png

You still haven't contacted the plugin author on the plugin forum to make your case for the nnn/n upgrade.
If you want to see any updates to this plugin, you have to go through them.
Don't complain about something you can do something about.

As far as the rating valuations, those are exactly the plugin and forum settings.
They are configured like that for a reason.

Negative ratings have consequences. People are free to dislike your post, but that shouldn't be punitive.

Those are exactly the plugin and forum settings. They are configured like that for a reason.
Negative ratings have consequences. People are free to dislike your post, but that shouldn't be punitive.

j63_.png

Dislike is not in the initial picture.
Someone added the dislike image, but he did an error and forgot to mark it as negative.
So the admin must take care of it, and brink the logic back.

If this is your opinion, dislike should become neutral. But not positive, this makes no sense. Naming dislike as a positive rating, it is a twisted logic.

If this is the default , obviously the plugin author did the mistake, but fortunately you dont need to contact him to solve it, just go to the admin panel and change it by yourself.

Sorry, I just noticed what you're talking about.
I was looking at the screenshot, assuming it was current.

You're right, disagree should be neutral. And it is now.
I wasn't understanding you.

But you weren't hearing me.
By notifying the plugin author, everybody gets the benefit of the fix, or the benefit of your idea as an update.

Last edited:
One thing that is bugging the hell out of me is the following.

I'm on OSx, and was unable to reproduce this in Linux, so I guess it's a Mac thing. Maybe just Safari, must test on others.

I write a post, and then click to edit. The edit window pops up.

If the entire post is bigger than the pop-up window, I'm unable to drag-select text. The slightest movement and the entire screen scrolls to the very bottom of the forum. This is highly annoying. I have to click on the text, and then tap delete all the way through. Since I have a trackpad, it makes it really annoying as I often just tap to click, but the entire window disappears and I'm dragged all the way to the bottom.

If the post is not bigger than the entire pop-up window, then it's ok.

When you click MERCHANTS or MASTERNODE, new blank page popup.
Others menu objects works ok and do not open blank page when clicked.

When you click MERCHANTS or MASTERNODE, new blank page popup.
Others menu objects works ok and do not open blank page when clicked.

should be fixed now :rolleyes:

Edit:
i did a couple of small changes and fixes, anything else needed in that "Toolbar" please ping

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back