• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode missed payment

I started one MN after 38 blocks another MN got paid. Currently, first MN got next payment, so there was no node restart and I have to be paid in 38 blocks (8 blocks left).

How long after starting a node for the first time should I be expecting a payment? been 2 days 10h

How long after starting a node for the first time should I be expecting a payment? been 2 days 10h
It depends on a few factors: The number of masternodes vs blocktime and a possible node restart.

Let's say there are ~1440 masternodes and roughly every 2 minutes a block is found. In a worst case scenario your masternode would get paid last, so 1440 x 2 minutes = about 48 hours.

Now add in the factor that a node restart is neccesairy. In this example it has to be restarted after Masternode# 1200 is paid (and yours isn't yet). 1440 x 2 minutes + 1200 x 2 minutes = 88 hours.

Do mind that this all is just a worst-case example explaining how it roughly works and because of the "randomness" your Masternode can either receive nothing for a few days or get 2 payements pretty fast after eachother.

Edit;
To aprox calculate the time between blocks check http://explorer.darkcoin.io/chain/Darkcoin
For the number of currently active masternodes check the bottom of the page https://drk.mn/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jpr
That's one of the reasons the payment reference node is only a temporary solution and we want to get rid of it.
It is easier to make reference node to persist history. Need to have a queue, on every block:
1) Push any nodes that aren't already in the queue but are in list to the end.
2) Pop one from the start and pay to it if it's reachable.
3) Push it again to the end.
And save that queue when restart.

How to watch current pool of masternodes? Masternode winners shows only 10 previous and 10 next payees.

I was thinking...
1440/576=2.5day/payout
Correct me if I'm wrong...

I was thinking...
1440/576=2.5day/payout
Correct me if I'm wrong...
On average, that should be accurate (node count divided by average blocks found per day), however, with the ever changing node count and the reference node(s) seemingly being restarted at different times (for various reasons), seems consistency in payouts is dwindling for multiple people.

Your node *is* online.

You're just experiencing some bad luck.
The reference nodes that keep everything like clockwork may have been restarted.
You may have restarted your node when it was due for selection.
My recommendation is to not touch it.
I had a node unpaid since Nov that just got paid. You will too.

You will get your payments, just be patient.

On average, that should be accurate (node count divided by average blocks found per day), however, with the ever changing node count and the reference node(s) seemingly being restarted at different times (for various reasons), seems consistency in payouts is dwindling for multiple people.
Indeed once stopped and restarted you have to wait x nr of MNs till you will get possibility to be paid. +/- 10%

Aside from the weird node restarts there's no problem with the payment system but (I don't mean this in any way as offensive) with the lacking information on (or people's understanding of) how the payout works :)

thats a very vague response moo, i did not restart it or touch, i only go onto the node for a minute or two that's to, do the update which is handled by the updatemn script another user had posted here which takes all of 2-3 minutes to do at the very most,

it still does not account for the fact that those days are now missed.. and will not be recovered.. i think the dev's have to take into account that.. the hosting companies don't compensate you for days your MN doesn't get paid they still charge you.

and for the people doing this as an investment vehicle are obviously not going to be happy given the fact that they cant even get consistent ROI that they have been told they would get..

when investors 'invest' into MN's they expect to see a consistant payout schedule arbitrarily restarted the reference node or any other shananigans that can be blamed for MN's not getting paid is ridiculous

there should be an distributed list of MN's getting paid so that in the event the 'reference' node is restarted the MN's continue to receive there funds for the work they have done..

I strongly urge you and the other dev's to take this into consideration and perhaps correct the issue for the simple fact that its unfair when some nodes receive multiple payments in a day for the same darn investment but, some dont receive shit for several days or weeks at a time

Only one of my masternodes wasnt paid a couple of days...

761a058316...1809622014-12-05 09:18:49(1.8132)1000DRK
e92653f567...1832952014-12-09 15:11:411.50241001.5024DRK
65b7d31d7a...1846392014-12-12 01:56:521.5031003.0054

you can see that after withdrawing fees there were 102 hours without the payment...that was strange...anyway after that my last 2 payments are regular as in clock.... ...meaby send the debug.log to [email protected]?

Shaan, absolutely agree with you. I invested money into my second MN and after last update it gets no payments at all.

Aside from the weird node restarts there's no problem with the payment system but (I don't mean this in any way as offensive) with the lacking information on (or people's understanding of) how the payout works :)
How can we understand, that node restart occurs?

P.S. One my MN gets payments correctly and second doesn't get payments at all after the latest update. Why developers ignore this problem???

How can we understand, that node restart occurs?

P.S. One my MN gets payments correctly and second doesn't get payments at all after the latest update. Why developers ignore this problem???
I believe this has to do with the reference node people speak of..and I know Evan is aware and working on a solution to remove the reference node all together.

It depends on a few factors: The number of masternodes vs blocktime and a possible node restart.

Let's say there are ~1440 masternodes and roughly every 2 minutes a block is found. In a worst case scenario your masternode would get paid last, so 1440 x 2 minutes = about 48 hours.

Now add in the factor that a node restart is neccesairy. In this example it has to be restarted after Masternode# 1200 is paid (and yours isn't yet). 1440 x 2 minutes + 1200 x 2 minutes = 88 hours.

Do mind that this all is just a worst-case example explaining how it roughly works and because of the "randomness" your Masternode can either receive nothing for a few days or get 2 payements pretty fast after eachother.

Edit;
To aprox calculate the time between blocks check http://explorer.darkcoin.io/chain/Darkcoin
For the number of currently active masternodes check the bottom of the page https://drk.mn/

Ok so the worst case would be 88 hours.
My node: http://explorer.darkcoin.fr/address/XiQSULbSV2WphaX4zc34urCxSkxBFjHv3i has not been paid yet and it' been 88h :) You guys think I should restart it or something? Or just keep waiting?

So, I'm very happy, because now I've got payment at my completely restarted node after about 1700 blocks.

Back