• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode is up, everything OK - no payments.

pyc

As subject says, everything is ok, but there are no payments yet, and it's active about 24 hours with newest version now. I saw some people are pointing to transactions which are masternode payments few hours after payments started, but there are not any on my masternode.
elbzo . net / masternodes.html shows my node and everything is open and green and correct.

As far as I know masternode is not related to mining so I shouldn't be doing any mining for masternode to fully function, or am I wrong?

Same here, 2 MN:s no payment, active and all green about 18 hours, v.10.11.4.

I have 20 masternodes and 8 still did not recieve any payouts. Others already got 3 payouts. It is random and will take some time until you see payouts.
Checkout my masternode thread in signature...

Guys you were right... it was luck I guess, everything is alright got my first DRK through MN

Hi guys,
I updated the MN to 10.11.5 but now the MN is in status "unlisted" at darkcoin.io??
I still got no payments, so...did i something wrong?
Everything was fine and green at elbzios tool till 10.11.4.

Does anyone know why the MN is unlisted at darkcoin.io?

Thanks in advance

ok, i got no payments since the masternode payments are online...but could it be because my mn is not listed on darkcoin.io since i updatet to 10.11.5 and generated a new private key?

Hi guys,
I updated the MN to 10.11.5 but now the MN is in status "unlisted" at darkcoin.io??
I still got no payments, so...did i something wrong?
Everything was fine and green at elbzios tool till 10.11.4.

Does anyone know why the MN is unlisted at darkcoin.io?
Thanks in advance

Got the same problem with my other masternode (not the one from the first post which is functioning fully ok and is receiving payments. Still wonder if everything is alright. Anyways, where's that masternode listing on darkcoin.io, I can't find it...

There is a bad implementation for seclect payment masternodes. It's not really random.
some people get every day several payments. Other get nothing for many days...
My node for example is already for 4 days without any payment.

I watch some other nodes, they get up to 3 every day....
for example this one:
http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/address.dws?XrfFymhBuVrFhCcZZZ8PULhHeNf7iC9vXV.htm

the payments of all masternodes it's easy to watch here:
https://elbzo.net/masternodes.html

sorry I can not poste links...

Press on [2] of a masternode and you can see...

Edit by vertoe - added links.

There is a bad implementation for seclect payment masternodes. It's not really random.
some people get every day several payments. Other get nothing for many days...
My node for example is already for 4 days without any payment.

I watch some other nodes, they get up to 3 every day....
for example this one:
http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/address.dws?XrfFymhBuVrFhCcZZZ8PULhHeNf7iC9vXV.htm

the payments of all masternodes it's easy to watch here:
https://elbzo.net/masternodes.html

sorry I can not poste links...

Press on [2] of a masternode and you can see...

Edit by vertoe - added links.
flare could you look into this? eduffield too.
I also had that feeling while running masternodes. Some of my nodes recieved 2-3 payments in a row. This might not be the optimal random.

I have one MN running now 7 days, only one payment and one missed payment.
Second MN running 7 days and have 6 payments and over 10 missed.

flare could you look into this? eduffield too.
I also had that feeling while running masternodes. Some of my nodes recieved 2-3 payments in a row. This might not be the optimal random.

I can have a look, although i need to say that i don't see a issue in the election code here (yet).

The problem is more that humans don't have a sense for what randomness is :smile: - even if franz2 waited for 4 days now, thats "only" 4x 576 = 2304 elections for a total of 500 nodes.

Evan wrote a small script to demonstrate how "weird" random distribution can look and 'feel':

Some masternode operators have been concerned about the lack of or over payment of specific nodes on the network so I wrote a script to show how a random system such as masternode payments will look over time.

If curious, here's the script I used to generate these numbers: http://pastebin.com/rUgV69Fr

----- ONE DAY OF MASTERNODE PAYMENTS ----
107 masternodes were paid 0 times
151 masternodes were paid 1 times
87 masternodes were paid 2 times
39 masternodes were paid 3 times
11 masternodes were paid 4 times
5 masternodes were paid 5 times
1 masternodes were paid 6 times
0 masternodes were paid 7+ times

----- THREE DAYS OF MASTERNODE PAYMENTS ----
7 masternodes were paid 0 times
31 masternodes were paid 1 times
71 masternodes were paid 2 times
75 masternodes were paid 3 times
73 masternodes were paid 4 times
62 masternodes were paid 5 times
49 masternodes were paid 6 times
16 masternodes were paid 7 times
10 masternodes were paid 8 times
5 masternodes were paid 9 times
0 masternodes were paid 10 times
2 masternodes were paid 11 times
0 masternodes were paid 12+ times

----- SEVEN DAYS OF MASTERNODE PAYMENTS ----
1 masternodes were paid 0 times
1 masternodes were paid 1 times
1 masternodes were paid 2 times
5 masternodes were paid 3 times
9 masternodes were paid 4 times
29 masternodes were paid 5 times
40 masternodes were paid 6 times
51 masternodes were paid 7 times
45 masternodes were paid 8 times
52 masternodes were paid 9 times
49 masternodes were paid 10 times
34 masternodes were paid 11 times
33 masternodes were paid 12 times
17 masternodes were paid 13 times
10 masternodes were paid 14 times
13 masternodes were paid 15 times
6 masternodes were paid 16 times
1 masternodes were paid 17 times
4 masternodes were paid 18 times
0 masternodes were paid 19+ times
[...]

So lets take the 3 days distribution as reference

Code:
----- THREE DAYS OF MASTERNODE PAYMENTS ----
7 masternodes were paid 0 times
31 masternodes were paid 1 times
71 masternodes were paid 2 times
75 masternodes were paid 3 times
73 masternodes were paid 4 times
62 masternodes were paid 5 times
49 masternodes were paid 6 times
16 masternodes were paid 7 times
10 masternodes were paid 8 times
5 masternodes were paid 9 times
0 masternodes were paid 10 times
2 masternodes were paid 11 times
0 masternodes were paid 12+ times

You see: 7 nodes received NO payments in three days, whereas 2 nodes received 11 payments in this demonstration. So what franz2 is experiencing is just - sorry to stress that - the usual distribution of randomness.

Remember: random distribution does not mean that all nodes will receive equal amount of payments - even in the long term. There will always be losers and winners, but the median over all nodes is as per now (576 block per day / no. of nodes) = 576 / 534 = 1.08 payments per nodes and day.

Nevertheless i will have a look at the numbers and have a look if the payouts pass a test of statistical randomness - or if the election is biased. Until proofed otherwise i doubt the latter :smile:

BTW: I am running 4 MNs, and after 7 days of uptime the distribution for me is

Code:
node 1: 11 blocks paid
node 2:  3 blocks paid
node 3:  8 blocks paid
node 4:  4 blocks paid

So my node 2 received NO payment for the first 4 days - but in the median i am even luckier as the median:

Let's assume
- 450 nodes in average
- 576x7 = 4032 blocks
- only 50% paid blocks due to bad actors

in the last 7 days. So expected median (over all nodes) is 0.64 blocks per node and day.
I received 26 blocks / 4 nodes / 7 days = 0.92 blocks per node and day. Lucky me :grin:

And you need to add to flare 's analysis that bad actors also alter the payment distribution. It would be something like a doble randomness that make extreme cases more extreme. I have a MN that has only been paid 50% of the times it should and another one at 80% payments. You can check how many non-payments you've had here:
http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html

finally I got a payment today, funny.
But on the long term it should be almost equal.
I would double check the random function...
It's very strange, that one special node (always the same) get every day several payments and other get nothing for days...

I am a statistician and a rather decent one (working on Wall St for a hedge fund). I will take a look at the results and analyze them for randomness. Flare is right that we humans have an extremely poor sense of what randomness looks like. It is deeply engrained in human nature to look for patterns, even where there isn't one. Just looking through the list of nodes, again as a statistician, I don't see any patterns that should be of concern. However, give me until end of day today and I'll do a real analysis.

Just as an example, franz2 observed that he went two days without a payment. Even if 100% of all miners were making their payment (which they aren't) and assuming 500 nodes you should expect on average approximately one payout per day per node. The chances of going one day without a payment is about 32%. Your chances of two days with no payment is about 10%. So if that happens, it is hardly "proof" that there is a problem, because you would expect literally dozens of the 500+ nodes to not receive a single payment for two days. Now add to that fact that only about 50% of all blocks being generated are even paying, and the chances of going two days goes up significantly... 56% chance of going a day without a payment and 32% chance of going two days. So until enforcement hits, about 1/3 of us are going to wait two days or more between payments. Your chances of going an entire week? About 2%. So even a week, we should expect about 10 masternodes to not get a payment.

At the other end, franz2 pointed out that XrfFymhBuVrFhCcZZZ8PULhHeNf7iC9vXV got paid 17 times since the 26th of June. Even if you assume only 50% of blocks to have paid over that time, across 500 masternodes, you would actually expect to find several examples like this (assuming it is truly random).

Therefore, only by looking across the ENTIRE set of results can we draw any conclusions. Are there too many with 10+ payments, or too many with none for random probability to explain? Let me look into it and I'll get back to everyone.

Meantime, if this is an "issue" that is going to give masternode owners heartburn and mistrust for the system, maybe there is an easy fix to this. You could simply incorporate a "masternodedays" multiplier to the voting system similar to coindays in PoS coins. The longer you've gone without being selected, therefore, the more likely you are to be the next masternode. It would be something in between "random" and "taking turns" that would even out the payments to a given masternode without making the ranking predictable ahead of time.

Back