• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Lamassu update ?

Hello as a current Lamassu owner operator the recent slack chat concerns me. This project, while it has updates and github comits etc, it lacks sufficient user base to show any progress.

I want to know why isn't there a straight forward guide on how to replace bitcoind with dashd and forego the trade manager for now and just let the machine vend DASH? Just like we saw in the videos!

Build up to features and enhancements later it's like we are going for version 3.0 before having a public beta.

Now there has been a PDF published bringing light to the amount of funding that is being spent on our longest running project outside development that has long pauses of silence between updates.

We need to see cost to result comparison, not links to trade manager and github readme files.

We need to see and learn why trade manager is important, We need to know about the Lamassu machine branch. Do you think any non-Lamassu owner / user understands what a wrench Lamassu tossed at you guys by going to multicoin machine code?

Hindsight 20/20 it would be nice to have see the updates like we had this month, every month since funding started.

I waited 8 months now to find out I still can't sell a single dash from my Lamassu, and now to learn a frustrated community is starting to down vote the project.

So here is my BIG question, if this is an ATM project, why is it being made more complex into a machine that can run games???

Quote from github:

"Git Guild is planning to hard fork from the mainstream lamassu-machine code, and build a much more versatile interface. Eventually, this interface will be host to more advanced functionality like games and shopping"

Hi Miner237, I am currently traveling meeting with an investment group that is looking into Dash investments. I tried to answer all questions and give as much information before my trip so please give me a few days to give you more details.

We wont stop work and it will become increasingly easier to set up as scripts become ready. It is an ongoing project and I apologize if you feels it takes long it is just a lot of work and we will continue making progress.

Debate and feedback is an important part of our system, so we welcome everyone's opinions. I have shared all details I have so far and we will continue to update the community to the best of our ability on a regular basis. I hope at least that you can appreciate the effort we have been putting into communication.

About the future plans to do more with the terminals we feel there will be a lot of value from working on other services besides just selling coins, but that is a future step. I will be able to engage more on this once I get back in a few days, just wanted to give you a reply now so you know I am aware of your message.

It's a bloated project focused on giving kickbacks and wasting funds all while providing an illusion of doing something. The biggest waste of a proposal I have ever seen, even worse than 40k for a domain fucking name.

God you guys just want to royally screw Dash don't you? Who's pocket are you in Daniel?

Thanks @Minotaur , for the report and explanation.

I like the way you and the team work right now. Building the shared software components, working with third party's, creating alliances.
Guess some don't see the benefits and efficiency right away. Not everyone designs software and understands the benefits of building reusable code components. Some maybe don't understand the need to build these in the first place.
It's all explained clearly in the video's and on this forum but a these are just words and that's not enough for most people. Graphics would help, maybe in a blog post explaining the overall project and where the different projects and efforts fit in.

Anyway, money well spent in my book, keep it up.

Hey @Vedran Yoweri , If you refer to my post here: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/fiat-access-gateways-project-description-and-update.10290/ you will find link to the technical specification: https://github.com/GitGuild/gitguild_website/wiki/Git-Guild-Technical-Overview - there are some graphics there (or rather diagrms).
It was also shared in previous updates about the project as well. Although I understand it may be complicated to many non-IT people to understand so much details - this is quite complex.

Hey @Vedran Yoweri , If you refer to my post here: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/fiat-access-gateways-project-description-and-update.10290/ you will find link to the technical specification: https://github.com/GitGuild/gitguild_website/wiki/Git-Guild-Technical-Overview - there are some graphics there (or rather diagrms).
It was also shared in previous updates about the project as well. Although I understand it may be complicated to many non-IT people to understand so much details - this is quite complex.

Enough with these graphics and specifications and talks and powerpoint presentations and video andertisings, and meetings!!!

Could you please stop talking and posting presentations, designing graphics, diagrams and theoretical techical overviews, doing traveling meetings and symposiums (aka vacations), giving interviews in youtube and posting tutorials? Could you please stop paying all the above?

Could you please just start writing the code? Could you please start paying only the code writers and not making subcontracts with the subcontractor of the subcontractor? Could you please just make this damned thing work?

Not that you are going to listen of course (the current budget shows clearly what the false priorities of the MNOs are), but I just felt I have to say this.

Last edited:
I want to know why isn't there a straight forward guide on how to replace bitcoind with dashd and forego the trade manager for now and just let the machine vend DASH? Just like we saw in the videos!
Hi Miner237, We wont stop work and it will become increasingly easier to set up as scripts become ready. It is an ongoing project and I apologize if you feels it takes long it is just a lot of work and we will continue making progress.
@Minotaur: And your answer to the question about lamassu-dashd is....? If it is an ongoing project as you say, where are the commits in the github?

I have seen the lamassu repository and especially the lamassu-bitcoind. Dash seems tottaly absent there. I have not seen any lamassu-dashd yet, where is it? Where are the github commits for lamassu-dashd, are they hidden from public view? Is it written into the contract that the commits should be visible, or it isnt? If it isnt, then how can you check the work progress ? How comes and you forgot to mention the visibility of the code commits in the contract with lamassu company?

And finnaly, how much do you pay for someone else to fork and create the so desirable lamassu-dashd ? It is not that hard, isnt it?

This should be a subject to vote, using numbers of course.:p You may vote inbetween 0 dash, and the whole (or remaining) monthly budget (of course if someone allocates all his number vote to one project, there is no room for him to vote for another project, in the same budget cycle) Then the system calculates the average of all votes in order to specify the final amount the community gives, to the one who will manage to make this damned thing work (as proved by his github commits). As you may have observed (unless you are a dormant whale) the above is a tottaly new budget system and a totally new way to deal with money allocations in the budget. There is the current budget system where someone proposes a budget allocation and receives yes/no votes for it, and there is the totally different budget system where someone proposes to the community a job to be done, and people give him the amounts of money (by using the number voting capability) they think he deserves for this job. The above alternative budget system that can be used on top of a basic yes/no approval (yes/no initial aproval is essential in order to avoid troll proposals that are asking the whole budget and beeing voted by few MNOs in order to get the small fee that occurs as a result of the average of all numerical votes) will always remain science fiction of course, as long as you refuse to vote with numbers.

Last edited:
Would be nice to have an update on this, otherwise we should seriously consider downvoting this until some clarity is achieved.

This is Bill's work I haven't vetted through it but thought it would be good to post it here to see. He probably has delved into it more than I have.

Attachments

• Lamassu Budget Review Final.pdf
    545 KB · Views: 122
Would be nice to have an update on this, otherwise we should seriously consider downvoting this until some clarity is achieved.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Lamassu was already paid for by a team member, and the monthly budget proposal simply reimburses that person. Consequently, downvoting the proposal only hurts the person who fronted the cash.

Even if true, the logic doesn't work. The person who fronted the cash should accept the liability with doing that. Not everyone else. Further, if that person fronted the cash, its because he trusts them. So, he should have no problem getting the value back.

This is why i sold off my mnodes and only hold one now. Dash unfortunately will soon be lapped by other coins because they just cant get it done....good luck guys.

Even if true, the logic doesn't work. The person who fronted the cash should accept the liability with doing that. Not everyone else. Further, if that person fronted the cash, its because he trusts them. So, he should have no problem getting the value back.

nobody fronted the money for this !
the monthly funds go to a developer who is active working and then maintaining this

nobody fronted the money for this !
the monthly funds go to a developer who is active working and then maintaining this

Just to be clear - it was David who said that. Not me. I made it clear I didn't think it was true.

Having said that, please define 'active working' because we don't have anything to show for this huge budget expenditure yet.

Dash needs to be more transparent. All software development (internally and externally) should be done on GitHub such that everyone can see the activity. For proposals that involve software development, that should be a hard requirement.

I don't care what the rules were - anyone with any ethics at all would still provide monthly reports that detail progress and expenses.

I am not sure which is worse - the fact we have nothing to show for this Scamassu project, or the fact that Dash seems to not want to do anything to correct that!

In other words, it appears that Dash does not want to be accountable, for the lack of accountability! That. Is. Insane.

Oh - before you provide the "Progress Reports' that have been provided, understand that I will make a point of explaining that all they do is say a lot about nothing. (Like that Seinfeld episode.)

Questions: Wouldn't it just be easier to deal with the elephant in the room? Do you really think it is eventually going to fit under the carpet?

Note that the person who deals with this properly is going to gain some protection from when the shit hits the fan - and will be less likely to be the fall guy. (Whoever that is may not deserve the added protection - but controlling how the bad news comes out tends to do that.)

I think development has some issues, but I bet they disappear once there is a shake-up of the non-development people. So, who is going to bring the truth out into the open? Ryan? Daniel? You Tungfa?

I've got my popcorn ready.

Just to be clear - it was David who said that. Not me. I made it clear I didn't think it was true.

Having said that, please define 'active working' because we don't have anything to show for this huge budget expenditure yet.

Dash needs to be more transparent. All software development (internally and externally) should be done on GitHub such that everyone can see the activity. For proposals that involve software development, that should be a hard requirement.

I don't care what the rules were - anyone with any ethics at all would still provide monthly reports that detail progress and expenses.

I am not sure which is worse - the fact we have nothing to show for this Scamassu project, or the fact that Dash seems to not want to do anything to correct that!

In other words, it appears that Dash does not want to be accountable, for the lack of accountability! That. Is. Insane.

Oh - before you provide the "Progress Reports' that have been provided, understand that I will make a point of explaining that all they do is say a lot about nothing. (Like that Seinfeld episode.)

Questions: Wouldn't it just be easier to deal with the elephant in the room? Do you really think it is eventually going to fit under the carpet?

Note that the person who deals with this properly is going to gain some protection from when the shit hits the fan - and will be less likely to be the fall guy. (Whoever that is may not deserve the added protection - but controlling how the bad news comes out tends to do that.)

I think development has some issues, but I bet they disappear once there is a shake-up of the non-development people. So, who is going to bring the truth out into the open? Ryan? Daniel? You Tungfa?

I've got my popcorn ready.

i am not managing that project so i only have limited knowledge of the details !
;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Lamassu was already paid for by a team member, and the monthly budget proposal simply reimburses that person. Consequently, downvoting the proposal only hurts the person who fronted the cash.

Actually, Lamassu received NO funds and won't receive any...
"They are a start-up and never committed to do this work internally themselves or received any payment from us directly." .[see post #14 above]

Rather, GitGuild receives a monthly payment of Dash - not cash, allocated from the ongoing budget...
"So that is the reason why we did a Dash based contract and not a USD based contract" .[see post #9 above]

This project may well (probably will) turn out to be not so good... oh well - early stages, lesson learned by all.

(But if that turns out to be true, don't come back saying that Ira needs just a little bit more funding. :D)

Back