• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashMiner.com multipool

Am thinking my mobo is not upto the job, what models do you find don't crash often ?

Mostly, I have been using the infamous BTC H81 ($51 dollar board) because of the low power consumption. And I have been running repeaters for my network around the house and have a switch I plug directly into the boards. But normally, I still can only get 4 GPUs to run (on windows) on these boards. I believe it's a power related problem, I'm doing something wrong. But they usually don't crash. It's just that they are such a pain the ass to set up. I also have an ASUS x79 Sabertooth, but it is crashing a lot with this version of SGminer, I don't know why. It could also be suffering from some heat problems, I'm not sure yet. I was going to turn on some more machines (all H81s), but I'm afraid I may blow some circuits, maybe I'll put one in the garage this weekend...

Am thinking my mobo is not upto the job, what models do you find don't crash often ?

Mostly, I have been using the infamous BTC H81 ($51 dollar board) because of the low power consumption. And I have been running repeaters for my network around the house and have a switch I plug directly into the boards. But normally, I still can only get 4 GPUs to run (on windows) on these boards. I believe it's a power related problem, I'm doing something wrong. But they usually don't crash. It's just that they are such a pain the ass to set up. I also have an ASUS x79 Sabertooth, but it is crashing a lot with this version of SGminer, I don't know why. It could also be suffering from some heat problems, I'm not sure yet. I was going to turn on some more machines (all H81s), but I'm afraid I may blow some circuits, maybe I'll put one in the garage this weekend...

dashminer, this version (1.1) is much smoother, I haven't had any meltdowns and tweaked one of my workers up high for 24hr, seems to be taking it well..!!!

We've just added last 23 hour statistics:

2m5SCj3.png

Yes, this supposed to work. Are you on Windows or on Linux?
Share your config please (you can PM or email) and I'll check if it works for me.
Thanks
Ok, I wanted to have another go at the config before I posted, the strange thing is on both windows machines the R9's do not allow clock/memory change but the Amd 6950 does.
Here is the config and afterburner ouput results, can you see the amd 6950 clock = 900 and memory = 800 so working ok but the R9 290 is stuck on the factory default of core clock =1000 and memory = 1300.

{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "am",
"user" : "XwRmYxLZwyF3x1EMw4YavV1ZaChjkSXbcE",
"pass" : "[email protected]"
}
],

"gpu-engine" : "900,700",
"gpu-memclock" : "800,600",
"device" : "0,1",
"intensity" : "18,18",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"auto-fan" : true,
"temp-cutoff" : "92",
"temp-overheat" : "92",
"temp-target" : "75",
"gpu-fan" : "40-75",
"api-port" : "4028",
"gpu-powertune" : "0"
}
upload_2015-7-26_14-10-46.png

Ok, I wanted to have another go at the config before I posted, the strange thing is on both windows machines the R9's do not allow clock/memory change but the Amd 6950 does.
Here is the config and afterburner ouput results, can you see the amd 6950 clock = 900 and memory = 800 so working ok but the R9 290 is stuck on the factory default of core clock =1000 and memory = 1300.

{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "am",
"user" : "XwRmYxLZwyF3x1EMw4YavV1ZaChjkSXbcE",
"pass" : "[email protected]"
}
],

"gpu-engine" : "900,700",
"gpu-memclock" : "800,600",
"device" : "0,1",
"intensity" : "18,18",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"auto-fan" : true,
"temp-cutoff" : "92",
"temp-overheat" : "92",
"temp-target" : "75",
"gpu-fan" : "40-75",
"api-port" : "4028",
"gpu-powertune" : "0"
}
View attachment 1638

Hi!

I think you can overclock/underclock in the AfterBurner itself instead of using sgminer .conf.
I usually overclock straight from sgminer .conf file and don't use afterburner.

I also noticed that you have both temp-cutoff and temp-overheat set to the same value. I'd recommend to set temp-overheat to 87 or 90.

PS: Usually miners set gpu-powertune to 20 to maximally increase the mining speed, but I presume you deliberately have it as 0 to keep the system cool.

Thanks

Hi!

I think you can overclock/underclock in the AfterBurner itself instead of using sgminer .conf.
I usually overclock straight from sgminer .conf file and don't use afterburner.

I also noticed that you have both temp-cutoff and temp-overheat set to the same value. I'd recommend to set temp-overheat to 87 or 90.

PS: Usually miners set gpu-powertune to 20 to maximally increase the mining speed, but I presume you deliberately have it as 0 to keep the system cool.

Thanks
Cheers for reply, unfortunately the afterburner slider settings are ignored but the charts are accurate, perhaps installing another driver or newer afterburner would do it, (I always use catalyst 14.7 RC3 because it is the quickest and most stable)

All of my cards are AMD sapphire cards, and I use 14.12 AMD catalyst version (seems to work the best not sure why), and I use TRIXX, and have been able to overclock cards on R9 270x, 7970s, 7950s. Just thought I'd throw that out there, it might not work for MSI cards. As a note too, my cards are getting hot, I mean close to 90C, sometimes I just back them off or let everything cool off....

All of my cards are AMD sapphire cards, and I use 14.12 AMD catalyst version (seems to work the best not sure why), and I use TRIXX, and have been able to overclock cards on R9 270x, 7970s, 7950s. Just thought I'd throw that out there, it might not work for MSI cards. As a note too, my cards are getting hot, I mean close to 90C, sometimes I just back them off or let everything cool off....
Managed to get the config working thanks, now I have more hardware faults same you!
btw I tried TriXX, like the layout but it has the same problem as afterburner, although it allowed me to access the voltage settings that were previously disabled.

Back