Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

DashMiner.com multipool

Discussion in 'Mining Pools' started by dashminer, Jun 27, 2015.

1. tuppydog

tuppydog Member

Dash Address:
    XhyHv1cs4T54kD1HXVY7kYZMqo2Kg8hWu4
    No problem Sub, I'm so busy with kids/school/work/karate/band practice/constant machine breakdowns, it's amazing I can get on here at all. This problem you have is similar to a strange problem I have with an ASUS X79 board. Some slots would just do weird things like rev up the fan up to full blast, but not work etc. Also, some slots, I could not get any type of riser to work at all, powered, usb, non-powered (This is the ASUS Board), yet if I plugged the GPU into the board, it worked fine!

By the way, I've tried the official H81 Risers with the BTC H81 board, and they seem to work ok, I've also used cheap off the shelf unpowered risers with success. Honesly Sub, I don't know. I've had different H81 board revs that worked just fine, even held 5-6 under ubuntu just fine. Then last week, I could barely get one board to work at all and I was doing everything right. Look up the user "bits be trippin" on youtube for this setup, 280x Toxic, it will explain everything and he is great. This may help you, and how he went through all the different types of risers etc, and emphatically stated to only use unpowered risers for that board. Let me know what you think about his video on this. The main slot (big slot), I can usually get to run, then once this is running, I usually stairstep a GPU up to the first 1x16 slot (above the big slot). Once that is going, reboot, and go to the 3rd etc until you reach your wattage capacity. I usually stop at 4 GPUs, then build another unit, I havne't had time to fool with putting the psu's in parallel, although I could, I just don't have the power on my circuits right now. That will change though on Friday, as I'm getting new circuits put in. Wife is mad because I have 6 machines all in different rooms, even outside. Anyway, the video may explain better then my rambling, hope all is well..!!! TUP

• Like Like x 1
  2. tuppydog

tuppydog Member

Dash Address:
    This is my outside ASUS rig, it's 92F degrees outside, but I have a huge fan above this that keeps the GPUs down to 70C if you can believe that. But wife no happy, this is her outdoor set, she's going to cut my legs off. If anybody out there has a Sluice open mining rig like the one shown and wants to sell it, I'd be more than happy to shell out some dash.....

Attached Files:

#152 tuppydog, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sub-Ether

Sub-Ether Well-known Member

Is that one of them budget frames I saw on ebay but they would not post from America? (mine looks more woody btw) :D
    I like how you switch units between outside temp and rig, (a mission to Mars lost a probe like that , you know, hehe)

P.S.
    Beware stamping on the wife's terroritory! for me the kitchen is a no go area unless its an absolute emergency ;)

4. dashminer

dashminer Active Member

5. tuppydog

tuppydog Member

Dash Address:
    Sub, you must be a prophet. I got my ass kicked yesterday for this. It was one of those arguments that started out with the above, and spiraled out of control (UGH!!!)

Actually, if you look up sluice open air mining, there is a guy (I've talked with him) and his dad designed this frame, and it's really great because it's light weight (AL) and can fit almost any computer MOBO. Unfortunately, they closed up shop, but I have a company I work with that I'm giving this design to, and I asked them to make some improvements and change the design so I can "Stack them" for space purposes. I know that picture there is a mess, It was just an experiment, but mined great for 2 days, just worried someone might steal it. Plus, I am going to post a video, step by step on how to set up the BTC H81, I am going to have my daughter do this, I think you and others will enjoy it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. dashminer

dashminer Active Member

7. dashminer

dashminer Active Member

8. tuppydog

tuppydog Member

Dash Address:
    Another thing, Sub, I am officially DONE with the H81 BTC arock board, it sucks that much. I am willing to pay extra for 5 new gigabyte or any other board manufacturer that can support 4-5 boards! My only concern was the power draw from say an I3, but I don't care now....

9. Sub-Ether

Its a power regulation issue in my opinion, had some old mobo that had underrated capacitors that caused no end of weird and wonderful problems on installations and mining cards, if true, yes it is better we leave this behind and move on.
    Have you any mobo's in mind, that cost slightly more than $30 and use lga 1150 sockets? :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sub-Ether

here, little surprise for you, I did a couple of pictures for laughs on the new wood backed computer.
    One of the R9 290 triX fans has been driving me crazy for weeks with it's squeaking and rattling, so I finally ripped it out and used an old cpu fan, making that 2 out of 3 now!
    End result :- it runs silent, tickover is actually cooler, saved $30 on replacement fans, and most importantly there is virtually no noise, :cool:

R9 290triX.jpg

Half finished H81 mining motherboard and (discarded) parallel PSUs.

wood mining build.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  11. dashminer

dashminer Active Member

12. dashminer

dashminer Active Member

13. splawik21

splawik21 Grizzled Member
    Foundation Member Dash Support Group Masternode Owner/Operator

Here this one - not existing anymore as I sold all and bought 'darkcoins' ;)
    Yes, 2 discs as I used this PC for my personal use too...
    There were 4 GPUs but one was burnt LOL :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  14. Sub-Ether

I like your way of supporting the GPU's from both ends, simple but effective, what mobo was that?

15. splawik21

splawik21 Grizzled Member
    Foundation Member Dash Support Group Masternode Owner/Operator

Asus P8H77-V
    Later I moved the best GPU with the mobo and put there ASRock one.
    Yes, that support was cool for me.
    I was mining darkcoins with it half of a year +/- later I sold all GPU`s to buy more coins instantly.

#165 splawik21, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  16. tuppydog

tuppydog Member

Dash Address:
    Looks great man! I had my H81 just sitting on an anti static bags and running for months with Gpus standing with little cardboard stands, and it ran great for 3-4 months. Well yesterday, I decided to do it right, and put the whole thing in a nice new Frame. Now it doesn't work UGH

17. Sub-Ether

H81 is as moody and upsets as easy as my ex :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  18. tuppydog

tuppydog Member

Dash Address:
    LOL!

19. tuppydog

tuppydog Member

Dash Address:
    I just ordered this one:
    www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128714R

for $88.00 I'll report back to tell you how it performs, I would just be happy if it could run 4 GPUs at this point, since I can never get the H81 to go past 4. Definitely some sort of power problem on the board. and just overall weirdness. I also just got 4 separate 20A breakers put in near my workbench, and I will show you guys the entire setup, it is very cool, 5 machines w/4GPUs, trying to get more frames (Sluice Open Frames are the best IMO). Most are 7970s Sapphire (Just bought one yesterday for 175 dollars!) which are a cheap but very reliable GPU, but I'm getting more and more R9 280x Toxics, as they are very overclockable (Sp?). They are getting harder to find as a lot of people are starting to get back into mining other coins using Gpus.....

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

• Like Like x 1
  20. tuppydog

tuppydog Member

Dash Address:
    Also, sub, that was my concern, as I just want a LGA 1150 (I've got 4 laying around), and there is another board made by gigabyte I am researching. I'll let you know if these work...

21. tuppydog

tuppydog Member

Dash Address:
    Really nice job on this! Very cool!

• Like Like x 1
  22. Sub-Ether

Eyed up that Z97, but the stingyness kicked in but those cheap boards are false economy, can spend a lot of time messing with them and as it took a PSU out would have been better going straight to a real motherboard anyhow

23. Sub-Ether

haven't you considered the nvidia route, meant to mine more efficiently and use less electricity?

• Like Like x 1
  24. tuppydog

tuppydog Member

Dash Address:
    I know it, the only reason I decided to get it, is, I think it had 3 stars out of 5 on the ratings, vs 1 star on the H81

25. tuppydog

tuppydog Member

Dash Address:
    Yes I have, I was kind of waiting for AMD to post a major breakthrough this year, but haven't seen much. Nvidia has great software and less power, I may just build an entire rig with their stuff by the end of the year, if I can afford it.....

26. Sub-Ether

In situations like this its probably better to back both teams to make sure.

27. dashminer

dashminer Active Member

28. dashminer

dashminer Active Member

29. dashminer

dashminer Active Member

30. dashminer

dashminer Active Member