• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashMiner.com multipool

You write that in the event of failure of one server, the client automatically switches to another server, but in fact I have been watching for several days when the San Francisco server is unavailable the program tries to go to a different server and hangs. I tried to register a different server in the bat file but does not help, what to do?

You write that in the event of failure of one server, the client automatically switches to another server, but in fact I have been watching for several days when the San Francisco server is unavailable the program tries to go to a different server and hangs. I tried to register a different server in the bat file but does not help, what to do?

Hi!

The miner switches between San Francisco, New York and Amsterdam servers.
I can see that all 3 servers are working fine, there were no interruptions in the last few days and no spike of rejects.
So maybe something is wrong with your internet connection?

Are you saying that dashminer.exe cannot connect to any of the 3 pools?

Can you provide a screenshot or a log?

Thanks

Dang Sub, you should have asked me all about that board. I blew up a card (AMD 7950) because I tried a Powered Riser (been through that one before), You HAVE to have both power molex connectors attached, and just yesterday, I was setting a H81 up and HAD the molex power connectors to the board, and I STILL got a warning that they were NOT hooked up, and I could never get the damn thing to work... One thing to be sure though, is to make sure that your chip is well seated in the socket. I've noticed all kinds of "weird" problems and it was just a simple matter reseating the chip. I spent until 3 in the morning working on this today (I have a box of 5 H81s and was giving them away and kept 2), and chucked the 1st one I used after about 6 hours of aggravation, because it is probably junk right out of the box. But once you get through the agony of learning the board and you find one that actually runs, I have found that the total power is lower. That's not to say that your GPUs are not hotter, it's just that when you use an I5 or I7 on another type of board, the H81 total power definitely is an improvement. Also you may need to get into the bios and go into advanced and set the video from "onboard, to PCI", if it isn't already, that way you can supposedly use all 6 of the slots. Let me know if you have any questions with this board. If you are using Ubuntu, you can usually get 6 working. For windows, I was only able to use up to 5 ( I use windows 7 64 on all my rigs). I've blown up a PSU with this stupid board too if it makes you feel better, probably doesn't, but I'd like to find a board that just has 5 slots, that would house a i3. Maybe gigabyte may have one. I'd spend the extra money for that, because the PSU and GPUs are your most costly investments.

On another note, I tried to mine ethereum (I know I'm a trator), but was bored, and it is a bit*ch to set up (I finally did, but am wondering if the whole thing is a scam), and software is extremely clunky. Dash mining is cake, I feel guilty....I have some btc for nicehash to mine Dash in case the stockprice goes up during the v12 release ready.
Sorry about your loss about the PSU, is it just a fuse inside? Anyway, whatever I said good about the H81, please disregard. It's only good if you have hours and hours where you like to hit your head on a wall, but once you get it figured out, they usually last a long time, I am sending 3 H81s back RMA back to AROCK as I am typing this.....

Hey, I actually know what the word "sussed" means, you must be from England or close by...
Sorry slow reply Tuppy, I put that H81 to the side and left it running on 1 card only.
It is a none standard pain, as an example, my R9 280X was overheating and unstable in the single large pci-e 16x slot but when used in the pci-e 1x it is fine (using pci-e risers, have not ordered the usb type risers, but I guess thats what I need as they have a regulator on the GPU socket riser part to separate power)
Doesn't make much sense, can only think the extra power lines from a full length connector conflict somehow with the molex power, which is again is odd because both come from the same PSU. My best guess is there is a variable voltage regulator conflicting with a fixed 5/12 volt supply, you got any ideas on this ?

thanks,
Sub-Ether

No problem Sub, I'm so busy with kids/school/work/karate/band practice/constant machine breakdowns, it's amazing I can get on here at all. This problem you have is similar to a strange problem I have with an ASUS X79 board. Some slots would just do weird things like rev up the fan up to full blast, but not work etc. Also, some slots, I could not get any type of riser to work at all, powered, usb, non-powered (This is the ASUS Board), yet if I plugged the GPU into the board, it worked fine!

By the way, I've tried the official H81 Risers with the BTC H81 board, and they seem to work ok, I've also used cheap off the shelf unpowered risers with success. Honesly Sub, I don't know. I've had different H81 board revs that worked just fine, even held 5-6 under ubuntu just fine. Then last week, I could barely get one board to work at all and I was doing everything right. Look up the user "bits be trippin" on youtube for this setup, 280x Toxic, it will explain everything and he is great. This may help you, and how he went through all the different types of risers etc, and emphatically stated to only use unpowered risers for that board. Let me know what you think about his video on this. The main slot (big slot), I can usually get to run, then once this is running, I usually stairstep a GPU up to the first 1x16 slot (above the big slot). Once that is going, reboot, and go to the 3rd etc until you reach your wattage capacity. I usually stop at 4 GPUs, then build another unit, I havne't had time to fool with putting the psu's in parallel, although I could, I just don't have the power on my circuits right now. That will change though on Friday, as I'm getting new circuits put in. Wife is mad because I have 6 machines all in different rooms, even outside. Anyway, the video may explain better then my rambling, hope all is well..!!! TUP

This is my outside ASUS rig, it's 92F degrees outside, but I have a huge fan above this that keeps the GPUs down to 70C if you can believe that. But wife no happy, this is her outdoor set, she's going to cut my legs off. If anybody out there has a Sluice open mining rig like the one shown and wants to sell it, I'd be more than happy to shell out some dash.....

Attachments

• IMG_5027.JPG
    IMG_5027.JPG
    516.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited by a moderator:
This is my outside ASUS rig, it's 92F degrees outside, but I have a huge fan above this that keeps the GPUs down to 70C if you can believe that. But wife no happy, this is her outdoor set, she's going to cut my legs off. If anybody out there has a Sluice open mining rig like the one shown and wants to sell it, I'd be more than happy to shell out some dash.....
Is that one of them budget frames I saw on ebay but they would not post from America? (mine looks more woody btw) :grin:
I like how you switch units between outside temp and rig, (a mission to Mars lost a probe like that , you know, hehe)

P.S.
Beware stamping on the wife's terroritory! for me the kitchen is a no go area unless its an absolute emergency :wink:

Is that one of them budget frames I saw on ebay but they would not post from America? (mine looks more woody btw) :grin:
I like how you switch units between outside temp and rig, (a mission to Mars lost a probe like that , you know, hehe)

P.S.
Beware stamping on the wife's terroritory! for me the kitchen is a no go area unless its an absolute emergency :wink:
Sub, you must be a prophet. I got my ass kicked yesterday for this. It was one of those arguments that started out with the above, and spiraled out of control (UGH!!!)

Actually, if you look up sluice open air mining, there is a guy (I've talked with him) and his dad designed this frame, and it's really great because it's light weight (AL) and can fit almost any computer MOBO. Unfortunately, they closed up shop, but I have a company I work with that I'm giving this design to, and I asked them to make some improvements and change the design so I can "Stack them" for space purposes. I know that picture there is a mess, It was just an experiment, but mined great for 2 days, just worried someone might steal it. Plus, I am going to post a video, step by step on how to set up the BTC H81, I am going to have my daughter do this, I think you and others will enjoy it.

Another thing, Sub, I am officially DONE with the H81 BTC arock board, it sucks that much. I am willing to pay extra for 5 new gigabyte or any other board manufacturer that can support 4-5 boards! My only concern was the power draw from say an I3, but I don't care now....

Another thing, Sub, I am officially DONE with the H81 BTC arock board, it sucks that much. I am willing to pay extra for 5 new gigabyte or any other board manufacturer that can support 4-5 boards! My only concern was the power draw from say an I3, but I don't care now....
Its a power regulation issue in my opinion, had some old mobo that had underrated capacitors that caused no end of weird and wonderful problems on installations and mining cards, if true, yes it is better we leave this behind and move on.
Have you any mobo's in mind, that cost slightly more than $30 and use lga 1150 sockets? :grin:

here, little surprise for you, I did a couple of pictures for laughs on the new wood backed computer.
One of the R9 290 triX fans has been driving me crazy for weeks with it's squeaking and rattling, so I finally ripped it out and used an old cpu fan, making that 2 out of 3 now!
End result :- it runs silent, tickover is actually cooler, saved $30 on replacement fans, and most importantly there is virtually no noise, :cool:

R9 290triX.jpg

Half finished H81 mining motherboard and (discarded) parallel PSUs.

wood mining build.jpg

Back