• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Announcing my departure from Dash Core Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Andy, I write to express my appreciation for all of the hard work, long hours and late nights you put in to making DASH Evolution
a success, I’d like you to know that none of this has gone unnoticed by the Community, and we are grateful for your kindness, loyalty, and commitment to making Dash an alternative to Cash.

Bestie!
Ultimatecrypto.

Last edited:
Andy, despite I don’t have enough information about the coming Evolution version of Dash but I can feel it is a giant step forward for cryptocurrency industry. And as the chief architect of the Dash Core, what you had contributed is vastly value to the community.

Thank you very much, and I hope your passion with Dash continues to grow!

Andy, thank you for all your hard work with Dash Evolution and i wish you best of luck with your new project (the development of DAPs for Evolution).
But first things first : here is to a well-deserved break for now

zh1gvS9.jpg

Thank you for the support!

Lots of future DAPs in mind, right now I think everyone should focus on Core in their final Platform development / release process, with the first DAP being DashPay mobile payments they are finalizing, and let them take time to get that right and secure for mainnet as that's the main thing.

Also want to reiterate that my departure is essentially a full vote of confidence in them and also Bob Carroll who is in my opinion doing awesome work on delivery since he took the CTO spot.

Thanks,

Andy

Last edited:
Also want to reiterate that my departure is essentially a full vote of confidence in them and also Bob Carroll who is in my opinion doing awesome work on delivery since he took the CTO spot.

Thanks,

Andy

Great news! If that’s the case, the ecosystem just got a bit stronger, with more talent in key positions. The future is bright!

Congratulations and thank you Andy. I have one question for you though. Since learning about deterministic masternode lists and masternode quorums, I have become obsessed with the idea that Dash may one day be able to use masternode quorums to create blocks, and thus retire the current POW system. Can you comment on this ? Thank you.

Last edited:

This is great news.

Andy from the bottom of my Dash Wallet I thank you for all the hard work you have done for Core. Seeing you be willing to step aside and let things run their course is an extreme vote of confidence as I know how meticulous and careful you have been through the entire process of designing, building, and implementing Evo.

It was a pleasure to meet you in London at the first Dash Conference and I'm hopeful that one day in the future our paths will cross again so we can have another beer and talk about the good old days...

Much love from Canada Andy!

Congratulations and thank you Andy. I have one question for you though. Since learning about deterministic masternode lists and masternode quorums, I have become obsessed with the idea that Dash may one day be able to use masternode quorums to create blocks, and thus retire the current POW system. Can you comment on this ? Thank you.
Not sure that's the mechanism, but there's got to be a better way than mining and infinite blockchain... I can smell it, it's there, but I can't put my finger on it.

Hey there.. just confirming my mesage on DashTalk Discord today from my account andyfreer#5782.

Next year we need to focus on growing apps on Dash Platform.

This time feels a lot like the crash in 2014 to me, when it’s over we can focus on innovation again, both what Dash Platform does, and the apps mainstream devs can innovate on top of it, that can only be built on Dash with the incentivization and efficiency underpinning that (including Chainlocks which is a key part of Evo as it makes interactions instant for the end user).

In January I personally want our focus then to be 100% on that process and not rejigging fundamentals that don’t innovate anything and assume value of a scarce token is the scarcity of the token and not the utility or value it provides to people who choose to use it because it satisfies a need… helping the core devs involved to make that happen (especially Shumkov and Anton) is paramount and finding what they need and helping them to capitalise on Dash’s mainstream adoption path… real use cases for crypto in the mainstream that don’t assume Alice or Bob want to transfer or store value that goes up and down 98% :).

We fix that first, then crypto can be considered a real currency, and if we get it right (and I think we are the only crypto with that potential) then all this waiting, pain and challenges are worth it… We also need to think about how can we improve our structure to produce that outcome in the most effective and efficient way… I’m excited and ready to help… roll on 2020 :)

Hey there.. just confirming my mesage on DashTalk Discord today from my account andyfreer#5782.

Fully agree with AndyDark. The Dash network is finally making good on a long overdue promise, and DCG is delivering much more than just blockchain usernames. We must keep the focus on this and not start messing around with the fundamentals.

This crypto winter will kill off all the hype projects, leaving the rock solid, anti-hype projects like Dash.

Hi, Andy, I offer my deepest gratitude to your extensive contributions, the vital role, and the direction you have blessed Dash with. I’m studying cryptocurrency and I’ve studied Bitcoin and Litecoin yet. Now I’m trying to understand Dash, how they work and how they differ from Bitcoin. I’ve to ask for some implementation details to the community because it is difficult to find that online.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back