Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Announcing my departure from Dash Core Group

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by AndyDark, Nov 5, 2018.

1. AndyDark

AndyDark Well-known Member
    Dash Core Team

Hi all,

Now that the Evo protocol design is pretty much complete and implementations are running on DevNet I feel my main work in Core is done and I met my commitment to Evan that I made back in 2016 to help move Dash beyond raw, hard to use payments to solve a mainstream, usable, scalable and economical cryptcurrency for the future.

With BU, DML and the Platform designed and running on Dev Net for the MVP version and LLMQ coming later, i'm happy with the results and also with devs like UdjinM6 and Codablock on L1 and Shumkov and Anton and Werner on L2 taking the protocol design forward, and i'm always available to them to input on future protocol design, but I believe the underlying architecture for mainstream adoption is there for the foreseeable future, through creating new use-cases for Dash currency that are hardly obvious to most people today, and that these devs through working together can take that forward better than I can personally.

My main focus now after some downtime will be on creating DAPs for Evolution in some new flexible and creative capacity, i.e. writing DAPs and helping others to write DAPs, as its killer DAPs that will be the key to mainstream adoption of Dash currency by providing new incentives and reasons to signup, integrate, use and monetize with Dash online as a differential to centralized payment alternatives. Once that has traction, it will lead to a critical mass of Dash ownership to then warrant uptake within the larger financial system and commerce markets and actual mainstream payments.

It's been a pleasure and I feel privileged to have worked with so many smart and talented developers, I believe the dev team is the best in the space and provided they can appreciate and stay focused on Evan's vision which is embodied in the current Evo design, I believe we have the potential to grow a usage and usecase base much bigger than is imagined today with the current crypto space through which increased decentralization and personal independence in all aspects of people's lives can only be a good thing, and I remain fully committed to that larger goal.

Best

Andy Freer

• Winner x 23
    • Like x 6
    • Informative x 4
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Old x 1
  2. splawik21

splawik21 Grizzled Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Dash Support Group

Andy it was a pleasure to have you as the architect guy of Evo.
    Great to know what is your next focus and that you stay around.
    Thnx for all you did so far!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. solarguy

solarguy Active Member

I appreciate the commitment, the accomplished work, the faith in the project, and the vision for the next step. Go create that killer DAP!

And hey, this sounds like pretty solid confirmation that Evolution will launch in real life within the next couple months.

We wish you all the best. May I post this to Reddit DashPay?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Walter

Walter Active Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

Thanks for all you've done so far Andy, you and your team have created something truly special and we cannot wait to see how the network grows from here. Exciting times!

Thanks again Andy.

Walter

• Like Like x 4
  5. methusaleh

methusaleh Member

I did not realise how fully I appreciated all your efforts until I saw this post pop up on my phone; misinterpreted it as you leaving the Dash-verse entirely and appreciated what your absence would feel like. As with a handful of your colleagues you in a way ARE evolution after all :( you have been appreciated Sir. Good luck in all your endeavours (as long as they are Dash related ;))

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mark Mason

Mark Mason Active Member

Andy, on behalf of Dash Force and community I offer my deepest gratitude to your extensive contributions, the vital role and direction you have blessed Dash with. You have made monetary history. Dash would not be what it is today without your efforts and dedication. I'm pleased to learn after some well deserved downtime you will continue to expand the eco-system in this next chapter for Dash as DAPs are crucial to Evolution success. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. My door is always open to you. Thank you.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Sven

Sven New Member

Sorry to see you leave, Andy! But I'll be looking forward to some great DAPs coming from you!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. drkrooster

drkrooster Member

Good to see, after the break, you will be back and working on creating DAPs for Dash Evo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. chaddb

chaddb New Member

Cheers for all the hard work, looking forward to seeing it all come to fruition. I'll hopefully catch you around the traps again some time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. studioz

studioz Well-known Member

thx alot for the amazing work you've done for Dash in the past years !
    You are part of my Crypto Hall of Fame =)
    huge thanks

• Like Like x 3
  11. carlomile2

carlomile2 Member

Dash Address:
    Xkzf7mz4kMjq8FjhqMhLHPmQ3oipJRTJm9
    Hey Andy, i wanna thank you for your support and all your work for Dash in the name of Dash Haiti i wish you a best luck and thank you so much again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Moderator
    Linguistic Foundation Member

Thanks Andy! Can't wait to see what you do next, and for this current work to go live :D Good luck and always have fun!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. thedesertlynx

thedesertlynx Active Member

Thanks for your work, which I have had the pleasure of covering over the years. I'm really excited to see what happens next, since DApps open up so many possibilities. Please reach out to me with any and every exciting project you work on that you feel like sharing! :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. amanda_b_johnson

amanda_b_johnson Well-known Member

Thank you, Andy!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Derbika

Derbika New Member

Thanks for the infos!

16. MrGold

MrGold Member

Thanks from me too Andy. :)

17. TaoOfSatoshi

TaoOfSatoshi Grizzled Member
    Linguistic Dash Nation Founder Moderator

@AndyDark Appreciate all that you’ve done to bring Dash to the cusp of launching something really special, that has the potential to change the world as we know it. To hear that you are going to remain on the cutting-edge and start to develop apps that will be able to take advantage of this work is fantastic. Please use your knowledge of Dash’s systems to create top-notch Dapps that will inspire others to contribute their skills to Dash as well.

Cheers, man.

• Like Like x 1
  18. fible1

fible1 Well-known Member
    Dash Core Team Masternode Owner/Operator

Thank you for your hard work Andy, I sincerely hope to see you back soon. Enjoy your rest!

Pablo.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Critical Input

I don't know how to code...but thanks for your work thus far Andy. I would be interesting in hearing you on the 3 Amigos podcast.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. thedesertlynx

thedesertlynx Active Member

I second that @Critical Input but I respect his right to privacy if he wants to stay in the AndyDark. :D

• Like Like x 2
  21. strophy

strophy Administrator
    Dash Core Team Dash Support Group Moderator

Thanks Andy for the vision and leadership to keep everyone pulling in the same direction over the last couple of years. Enjoy your break, looking forward to see what you do next!

• Like Like x 6
  22. UltimateCrypto

UltimateCrypto Active Member

Hello Andy, I write to express my appreciation for all of the hard work, long hours and late nights you put in to making DASH Evolution
    a success, I’d like you to know that none of this has gone unnoticed by the Community, and we are grateful for your kindness, loyalty, and commitment to making Dash an alternative to Cash.

Bestie!
    Ultimatecrypto.

#22 UltimateCrypto, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  23. bhkien

bhkien Active Member
    Linguistic

Andy, despite I don’t have enough information about the coming Evolution version of Dash but I can feel it is a giant step forward for cryptocurrency industry. And as the chief architect of the Dash Core, what you had contributed is vastly value to the community.

Thank you very much, and I hope your passion with Dash continues to grow!

• Like Like x 2
  24. qwizzie

qwizzie Well-known Member

Andy, thank you for all your hard work with Dash Evolution and i wish you best of luck with your new project (the development of DAPs for Evolution).
    But first things first : here is to a well-deserved break for now

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. AndyDark

AndyDark Well-known Member
    Dash Core Team

Thank you for the support!

Lots of future DAPs in mind, right now I think everyone should focus on Core in their final Platform development / release process, with the first DAP being DashPay mobile payments they are finalizing, and let them take time to get that right and secure for mainnet as that's the main thing.

Also want to reiterate that my departure is essentially a full vote of confidence in them and also Bob Carroll who is in my opinion doing awesome work on delivery since he took the CTO spot.

Thanks,

Andy

#25 AndyDark, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  26. TaoOfSatoshi

TaoOfSatoshi Grizzled Member
    Linguistic Dash Nation Founder Moderator

Great news! If that’s the case, the ecosystem just got a bit stronger, with more talent in key positions. The future is bright!

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Geert

Geert New Member

Congratulations and thank you Andy. I have one question for you though. Since learning about deterministic masternode lists and masternode quorums, I have become obsessed with the idea that Dash may one day be able to use masternode quorums to create blocks, and thus retire the current POW system. Can you comment on this ? Thank you.

#27 Geert, Nov 8, 2018 at 8:07 PM
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 8:14 PM
    • Like Like x 2
  28. coingun

coingun Active Member

This is great news.

Andy from the bottom of my Dash Wallet I thank you for all the hard work you have done for Core. Seeing you be willing to step aside and let things run their course is an extreme vote of confidence as I know how meticulous and careful you have been through the entire process of designing, building, and implementing Evo.

It was a pleasure to meet you in London at the first Dash Conference and I'm hopeful that one day in the future our paths will cross again so we can have another beer and talk about the good old days...

Much love from Canada Andy!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1