• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashMiner.com multipool

My power/internet went down last night, and I had to reset everything, I had to uninstall Trixx and then reinstall. It can definitely be flaky, plus I was changing out a few cards, which throws that program off....I did get two new power supplies in, 1200w/ea, but I think I'm going to wait a few more weeks to build the next rig, it's just too hot down here, power bill is through the roof...!!

My power/internet went down last night, and I had to reset everything, I had to uninstall Trixx and then reinstall. It can definitely be flaky, plus I was changing out a few cards, which throws that program off....I did get two new power supplies in, 1200w/ea, but I think I'm going to wait a few more weeks to build the next rig, it's just too hot down here, power bill is through the roof...!!

Own up! You tripped it out because you took too much juice ;)

Blog-photo-510x364.gif

Own up! You tripped it out because you took too much juice ;)

Blog-photo-510x364.gif
HAHAHA!!! I've got to have 45 min for the engines to start captain, Kirk: you're fired!

Well, since everyone else is posting screenshots, I figured I may as well get in on this action! :wink:
I had some interruptions last night, so I had to run very slow for a few hours. Because of that, I decided to see if I could make up some time by tuning in for some hot settings. I say "hot" because I don't usually like to let my gpu run above 60C for any reason, and I don't like it when the vrm gets to (and above) 90C. I know every card has its own unique character, so it took me a while to get it tuned in where it runs fast, but not too hot. This is where I ended up.
7-30-2015 12-34-10 PM.png
It has only been running about half an hour in this pic because my anti-virus/firewall software appears to hate this version of the sgminer. I walked away for a short while, and when I came back...my virus scanner had locked sgminer out of my network...again. I think I finally have all the necessary exclusions in place now. Hopefully, at least.

Also, if anyone has any pointers, I am interested. I just recently caught the cryptomining bug, and for now at least, I am hooked. I have a r9 290x on the way, and a NZXT G10 with the X31 water cooler to put on it. The 290x will be my "run hot" card, and I will reserve my 290 for the "run cool" mining. Based on what I have seen with the 290, I am hoping to get a stable 150% rate from the 290x. Won't find out till next week though...:eek:

On a side note, I have a major software release coming up in about another month. I would appreciate any and all positive thoughts and intentions directed my way. If the sale goes as well as the one did last year, I may be able to add ~20 Fury X's, and 3kW/h of solar power.

Hi all!

We've been making losses last few days, so the base payout has to be decreased from 0.26 DASH to 0.20 DASH. Expect about 10% - 15% less profit.
At least while the difficulty on X11 is this high...

X11 difficulty increased about 10% from 3 days ago.

nicehash has about 30GHs of X11 and it is their most profitable algo currently.
When X11 becomes less profitable on nicehash, all auto-switcher miners will move to another algo and we will have better payouts.

There are no interesting coin launches recently and so everybody are mining the same coins, which does not improve profitability.

Thanks for understanding
dashminer

Bummer, I think I may retool, and shut off all miners until September, It's just too hot here at this time of year (south USA), and I'm unfortunately, hardly breaking even. Love this software, but between electrical costs and the AC bill, higher difficulty, etc. What do you think Sub? It's over 90s almost everyday here. I think I will concentrate on going forward with the solar building in my back yard, then re-tool and maybe start back up in sept/oct....

Bummer, I think I may retool, and shut off all miners until September, It's just too hot here at this time of year (south USA), and I'm unfortunately, hardly breaking even. Love this software, but between electrical costs and the AC bill, higher difficulty, etc. What do you think Sub? It's over 90s almost everyday here. I think I will concentrate on going forward with the solar building in my back yard, then re-tool and maybe start back up in sept/oct....
Yes its tough at this time of year, your A/C will be expensive, I'm sure I can smell an electrical smell from one of the motherboards :eek:

Sub, I just left the house this weekend, turned off the ac for both levels, switched over to x-pool just because I know the machines run a lot cooler, and the house was 99 degrees F inside....I was hanging out outside, because it was 75F. Yep, time to build that shed!

Sub, I just left the house this weekend, turned off the ac for both levels, switched over to x-pool just because I know the machines run a lot cooler, and the house was 99 degrees F inside....I was hanging out outside, because it was 75F. Yep, time to build that shed!
I lower the GPU core voltages as low as possible, makes a lot of difference heatwise but can be unstable, atm -50 millivolts is best for the R9 290

I know undervolting can be tricky. Honestly, I don't go overboard with the Trixx program, I use it a lot of time, just to see which card is located in whatever slot, and adjust the temperature profiles for each card. On my R9 280X toxics, you can really overclock them, but boy they do use a lot of juice. I just sort of tweak them all, but I'm very conservative with the adjustments. The R9 Series are my favorite cards though. The 7970s really are cheap though now, and are still a good decent board, probably the best bang for your buck for someone starting out. Someday I am going to get a R9 290x, but right now, I'm just trying to pay bills. Oh, I forgot to tell you, that I just downloaded AMDs new drivers as of July 29th, and they work fine, I tried them out on my 4 machines.

I'm still trying to see the advantages of dashminer.com vs X I like them both! I'm concerned with the volatility of dashminer's payout system, I wish it was more stable. However, I love the simplicity of the website, and it's fast payout system and a new miner system. I think it's got huge potential. X is a great place also, they have great customer service, and it seems like they have good payouts, I'm trying to do a comparison with power consumption between the two. It may take me a while to crunch the data, but dashminer's program maybe burning up equipment thus, the extra cost of equipment vs a cooler system. Anyway, working from home today, it's going to be a good day.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try undervolting every board. I'll lower every card down by x, then lets see how it goes. When I go back to the old 4.2 sgminer, It runs pretty cool.

Back