• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

11.2 - Dash Release

After updating to 0.11.2.xx its almost 6 days without payment. Should i get worried? All green on dashninja.

Delete all files except dash.conf?

I'm on the same situation. No payment since March 27 (MN promptly updated as new versions were made public).

I'm not sure, but I believe I was unlucky that the updates had to be made right before my MN's payment that was due to March 31st (causing that payment to be skipped?). So i am expecting a first MN payment for today.

At least my MN is also all green and PoSe score "0" on both dashninja and dashnodes.

A question: What does "Current Rank" (from the dashnodes stats) mean?
2d9ebrs.jpg

Is it some kind of MN queue in order to receiving payments? (If so, I'm very near to receiving a payment, as my MN's got a very low number :wink:)

I'm on the same situation. No payment since March 27 (MN promptly updated as new versions were made public).

I'm not sure, but I believe I was unlucky that the updates had to be made right before my MN's payment that was due to March 31st (causing that payment to be skipped?). So i am expecting a first MN payment for today.

At least my MN is also all green and PoSe score "0" on both dashninja and dashnodes.

2d9ebrs.jpg

Is it some kind of MN queue in order to receiving payments? (If so, I'm very near to receiving a payment, as my MN's got a very low number :wink:)

Yes the Rank is more or less a payment queue (still random afaik but the higher you are the better for your chances to be paid).

Last night during the freeze I noticed that the masternode winnerslist was up to 246500 while the blockchain itself was stuck at 246490. Now it seems the blockchain is recent but the winnerslist is still 10 blocks ahead. Is this normal?
Yes, that's how it works. You need to propagate future winners to everyone so that all nodes were aware of the correct payee (payee is a mandatory in blocktemplate which is used for mining blocks - see getblocktemplate).

After updating to 0.11.2.xx its almost 6 days without payment. Should i get worried? All green on dashninja.

Delete all files except dash.conf?
Note "Active Duration" column there. What do you see there for you node?

2d9ebrs.jpg

Currently rank is used for choosing a winner only for resolving conflicts when you and some another node enter payment list at exact same time. It's calculated out of hashes and doesn't depend on PoSe.

Yes the Rank is more or less a payment queue (still random afaik but the higher you are the better for your chances to be paid).

Currently rank is used for choosing a winner only for resolving conflicts when you and some another node enter payment list at exact same time. It's calculated out of hashes and doesn't depend on PoSe.

Thanks, little by little I understand things better :smile:

Note "Active Duration" column there. What do you see there for you node?

In this case, I'm to expect a new payment by monday, as I've got about "2 days running/active" on both DASH Ninja and dashnodes.

In this case, I'm to expect a new payment by monday, as I've got about "2 days running/active" on both DASH Ninja and dashnodes.

Unfortunately, since the only way to make DRK work at all right now is to have enforcement off... I haven't gotten a single payment on any of my MNs since 11.2.

The urgency of the matter cannot be overstated... The time that has passed is making me wonder if this is unfixable... This is possibly the worst thing that has happened in the coin's development so far...

Lol... You don't remember well the joys of production release of Darkcoin. We already got forks galore, unfixable fork requiring to roll back changes, etc... This is nothing compared to "old" times.
Be optimistic! :p

ha! :tongue:

That's like asking Israel and Palestine to "just get along". There is a clear left brain / right brain short circuit going on with camosoul. Almost year on and still has the same discourse, yet persistently here trying to make the "best" of the Dash project.

The world according to camosoul is a worthless doomed destiny packed filled with lesser beings than himself, yet I'm still to see anything productive from him except complaints.

Last edited by a moderator:
ha! :tongue:

That's like asking Israel and Palestine to "just get along". There is a clear left brain / right brain short circuit going on with camosoul. Almost year on and still has the same discourse, yet persistently here trying to make the "best" of the Dash project.

The world according to camosoul is a worthless doomed destiny packed filled with lesser beings than himself, yet I'm still to see something productive from him except complaints.

The Yin and Yang of Camosaul,
wpbe8b5042_06.png

Lol... You don't remember well the joys of production release of Darkcoin. We already got forks galore, unfixable fork requiring to roll back changes, etc... This is nothing compared to "old" times.
The point being, production level difficulties after baking such a big deal about being on the final stretch...

From a purely technical perspective, you're right. From perception... It's like crying world "Oh, DRK is still fucking up every time forever always..."

I'm not saying I agree with that, just they way it's seen. It's the timing that makes this a big deal.

Sad that Yidakee hates reality so much. He wouldn't need to hijack this into an attack on me to make himself feel good if I were wrong... Keep thumping your chest. Maybe if you make a big enough scene that girl will come back to you? Smoke some more weed, that'll make you better than everyone...

Well I don't see this release as worse as previous ones.
Which means I agree with you the coin is far from ready for mass adoption. I didn't see it announced as such though.

The point being, production level difficulties after baking such a big deal about being on the final stretch...

From a purely technical perspective, you're right. From perception... It's like crying world "Oh, DRK is still fucking up every time forever always..."

I'm not saying I agree with that, just they way it's seen. It's the timing that makes this a big deal.

Sad that Yidakee hates reality so much. He wouldn't need to hijack this into an attack on me to make himself feel good if I were wrong... Keep thumping your chest. Maybe if you make a big enough scene that girl will come back to you? Smoke some more weed, that'll make you better than everyone...

camosoul, I've tried to reach out to you may times in the past, since right before darkcointalk.org was created and we had a few unpleasant exchanges over at BTCtalk. No matter how much you'd like to twist it, I've never attacked you, but only challenged your demeanour. And its been more than half a year since I've responded to you directly, exactly because I made it a point to stay clear from your constant generic provocations.

I dont hate reality at all. I live in the moment, free from the past and openly yearning the future.

You say

Unfortunately, since the only way to make DRK work at all right now is to have enforcement off.

... and that is certainly not the truth. One week into the new version, an unforeseen network condition bug stalled the blockchain. Condition derived from a most recent innovation, and a first time multi-sig payout address starting with "7". Evan woke up, turned enforcement off, and is looking at it, life goes on, He'll certainly find the bug and squash it, like several dozens times before.

Is it blind faith when statistically the correlation between bug/fix history denies the concept of faith itself?

Be optimistic. Life is beautiful if you so choose it to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
On Ninja it's almost 6days..
on dasnodes almost 5 days.

Judging by dashnodes I think I need to wait another day before actionn

Ugh. Mobile doesn't quote

Since the dashd update all block found on the p2pool are version 2 and all of them are rejected. The following block is 246895:
block/000000000010cb98a85915145e48a0d8f27e830c5c0a174e5da69eb784f3b50c

debug.log shows this:
2015-04-04 17:38:11 CheckBlock() : Found payment(1|197453174) or payee(1|XfMb663qcK2vgRMe7YMsi68NLCTPbgkKVj) nHeight 246895.
2015-04-04 17:38:11 ERROR: AcceptBlock() : rejected nVersion=2 block
2015-04-04 17:38:11 ERROR: ProcessBlock() : AcceptBlock FAILED

Unfortunately, I am not that familiar to python and p2pool code to fix it myself and share the fix.

It isn't that we don't remember the old days. It's that we don't want to. Showing that we are growing and learning community is part of the battle but actually doing the growing and learning is another.

So far a lot of the time spent by people on the project is pointing out our downfalls but beyond that nothing much else happens. They point them out, make a suggestion, then it usually ends there. A bunch of people make a bunch of suggestion's but nobody actually step's up to fix them. Oh wait maybe that's because every time in the past that someone has, they eventually get walked on or left out of a seemingly simple discussion to include them and then get butt hurt.

To me it seems like we are walking an interesting path. We learn from our mistakes but only enough that we don't get 3rd degree burned the next time only 1st or 2nd. It is exciting that we can deal with all these things that have come up but also we can't keep making the same mistakes and expecting different outcomes.

We can make suggestions till we are blue in the face but if in the end they all fall on deaf ears then we are all wasting our time. I have lost count how many times people have asked for basic development practices to be used. Did anyone stop and think that perhaps we have a bunch of talented Dev's lurking that won't get involved simply because how pourly we handle our releases and software cycle. Perhaps they are concerned how our pour practices could look on their resume.

As just one silly example we have all these great community resources for disseminating release information yet it still seems our official way to release something is Evan posting to BCT?!?!? This fucking shit makes me crazy. I've been asking for two years for an official place for releases. Not a fucking post on BCT. Mailing list is ok but that never gets sent to on time. Again though it would take nothing for a low level admin to setup all these systems for our dev's. We still have dev's doing a shit ton of devops stuff when they should just be dev'ing. You wonder why they are wasting so much time. On release day instead of sleeping after his commits Evan is up posting to BCT, forgetting about the mailing list, reddit, the website, our blog, etc, etc. Then everyone is confused as to what has gone done.

Sure in the end more dev's would help but the other way to approach that problem is to relinquish the dev's from all the other bullshit and actually just let them dev. Focus on these bugs that are left. Develop a proper release strategy document from the last commit all the way to the push of the download. How long would that take a weekend? I read Evan made X11 in a weekend. I bet if all he was doing was coding it would have been done in 8 hours. Face it Evan is our Santa and Santa is going to Santa but he needs a bunch of elves.

Just sayin'. Empower the elves.

Since the dashd update all block found on the p2pool are version 2 and all of them are rejected. The following block is 246895:
block/000000000010cb98a85915145e48a0d8f27e830c5c0a174e5da69eb784f3b50c

debug.log shows this:
2015-04-04 17:38:11 CheckBlock() : Found payment(1|197453174) or payee(1|XfMb663qcK2vgRMe7YMsi68NLCTPbgkKVj) nHeight 246895.
2015-04-04 17:38:11 ERROR: AcceptBlock() : rejected nVersion=2 block
2015-04-04 17:38:11 ERROR: ProcessBlock() : AcceptBlock FAILED

Unfortunately, I am not that familiar to python and p2pool code to fix it myself and share the fix.
You can ask/search in "Mining" section :rolleyes:
PS. not familiar with p2pool code either but I think reverting this https://github.com/thelazier/p2pool-dash/commit/9b99c17f1e2600e99c3eb27270a5753d2e4bf30b might help

Back