11.2 - Dash Release

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
I didn't think DS would mix its own inputs together but just wanted to check with you on this. How about if you have two or more wallets on the same computer/connection and they mix with each other? (I've tested this on testnet, it happened.) I guess it depends on users' discretion because DS can't see the difference?
Yep, that's how I test DS too :) Technically they are different wallets on different connections (IP is the same but port is different) and they can run different mixing sessions on different MNs at the same time.
I'm having some locked inputs again, and like the last time, they are not unlocked after I pressed the "Stop Mixing" button. I clicked on "Start", the inputs aren't unlocked either and Darksend went into idle. Then pressed on "Try Mix" a few times, nothing would budge, DS is still on idle. I know for certain that this needs a restart of the wallet.

Edit: I manually unlocked these inputs in the Coin Control. Now DS can submit them to mns.
Hmm.... I believed it should unlock and if it doesn't happen on button click it should unlock on timeout... :confused: Well, I guess we need to review this part of code... :oops: Thanks for pointing it out!

Reactions: moli

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
UdjinM6 - My wallet got the coins anonymized with 8 rounds... the progress bar said 100%, so I figured it was done and closed the wallet, that was a few hours ago. Now I just opened the wallet and it says only 79% is complete, to my surprise a bunch of the denominated inputs are back at 7 rounds. What happened?? lol....

A pesky bug just ate the Darksend rounds???!!!! :D

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
UdjinM6 - My wallet got the coins anonymized with 8 rounds... the progress bar said 100%, so I figured it was done and closed the wallet, that was a few hours ago. Now I just opened the wallet and it says only 79% is complete, to my surprise a bunch of the denominated inputs are back at 7 rounds. What happened?? lol....

A pesky bug just ate the Darksend rounds???!!!! :D
Progress calculation (i.e. denominated/anonymized input count) is not perfect in some edge cases now. Should be better in 0.12 (at least I hope so :tongue:) https://github.com/dashpay/dash/commit/6e229e16ff0ddac5c98c49a6e772d572239d3d2c

orangecycle

Foundation Member
Oct 2, 2014
node40.com
Nope. Ok, let me give you an example. Suppose your MN has an dash address A you set it to donate 50 (%) to dash address B. So what will happen?
After some time passed your MN was chosen as a winner few times and FULL MN payment amount went to A, B, A, A, B, A, B, B. So it's 50% on average but whole MN payment was redirected or not in every single point of time.
When address B receives a donation, there isn't a way to determine that the donation was from address A, right? Donation addresses are paid directly from the network, so the masternode donating the funds never *touches* it. The reason I'm asking is because I started playing around with a 100% donation. In doing so, I realized I can't determine when a masternode is paid.

If I'm sending the donation to myself, I have a record of funds recevied, so it's not a big deal. But in thinking about the future, what if I want to setup a donation to a not-for-profit like the DASH foundation. In the fiat world, I can take a tax deduction for charitable giving by handing over proof of payment to my accountant. For masternode donations, I don't have a way to prove that I have donated anything.

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
When address B receives a donation, there isn't a way to determine that the donation was from address A, right? Donation addresses are paid directly from the network, so the masternode donating the funds never *touches* it. The reason I'm asking is because I started playing around with a 100% donation. In doing so, I realized I can't determine when a masternode is paid.

If I'm sending the donation to myself, I have a record of funds recevied, so it's not a big deal. But in thinking about the future, what if I want to setup a donation to a not-for-profit like the DASH foundation. In the fiat world, I can take a tax deduction for charitable giving by handing over proof of payment to my accountant. For masternode donations, I don't have a way to prove that I have donated anything.
While we're waiting for this to be resolved, I think you can back up your donation proof by a monthly written receipt from the donee(s), and a screenshot of your address or addresses on dashninja.pl showing that you're the owner of those donations.

orangecycle

Foundation Member
Oct 2, 2014
node40.com
While we're waiting for this to be resolved, I think you can back up your donation proof by a monthly written receipt from the donee(s), and a screenshot of your address or addresses on dashninja.pl showing that you're the owner of those donations.
But the donee(s) (address B in the example above) doesn't know who the donation is coming from. So they really can't provide a monthly written receipt.

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
But the donee(s) (address B in the example above) doesn't know who the donation is coming from. So they really can't provide a monthly written receipt.
Oh.. you're right. I think this donation design is only for anonymous donors who do not care about this part of their tax deductions. It's better off if you do the donation the other way. Plus now the voting has been passed the devs are probably busy implementing another way to pay for our devs than just donation.

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014

Yes, you get it right - technically donation is just a result of swapping MN address with corresponding donation address so there is no trace of original MN address left in the blockchain now.

orangecycle

Foundation Member
Oct 2, 2014
node40.com
Yes, you get it right - technically donation is just a result of swapping MN address with corresponding donation address so there is no trace of original MN address left in the blockchain now.
Thanks for entertaining my questions. This is all getting to be very interesting, especially in light of the regulatory proposals in the U.S. (especially New York and California). Crypto is certainly moving too fast for the regulators to keep up with.

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
Thanks for this explanation, Udjin.

Also, just in case someone is wondering why there're so many yellow "Unknown" blocks on https://dashninja.pl/blocks.html#perminer, like this:

upload_2015-5-14_12-42-37.png

elbereth explained to me that:
[12:30:09] <elberethzone> when there is a donation there is not way to know which masternode was elected
[12:30:19] <elberethzone> (unless there is only one donating to that address)
[12:30:37] <elberethzone> so there is no way to know the masternode version, hence "unknown"

Propulsion

The buck stops here.
Feb 26, 2014
Dash Address
XerHCGryyfZttUc6mnuRY3FNJzU1Jm9u5L
So what is with the debug log entry of "CDarksendPool::UpdateState() - Can't set state to ERROR or SUCCESS as a Masternode." ?

Mine all have it on 11.02.23.

masternode start-many returns them all as successful. Should I be concerned?

InvalidDecimal

Mar 5, 2014
Hey guys,

Just updated my MN to 110223, upon starting the new daemon I get: "Dash server starting
[email protected]:~# : Unable to bind to 0.0.0.0:9999 on this computer. Dash Core is probably already running.
: Failed to listen on any port. Use -listen=0 if you want this."

I've tried "rm .dash/.lock" and "kill -9 10600" (and dashd stop of course) to no avail.

If anyone has any suggestions that'd be great!

Cheers!

thelazier

Jan 5, 2015
Thailand
Dash Address
Xreiza1qGJMT5BpW6BDtRJqwtcBSxGwWYN
Hey guys,

Just updated my MN to 110223, upon starting the new daemon I get: "Dash server starting
[email protected]:~# : Unable to bind to 0.0.0.0:9999 on this computer. Dash Core is probably already running.
: Failed to listen on any port. Use -listen=0 if you want this."

I've tried "rm .dash/.lock" and "kill -9 10600" (and dashd stop of course) to no avail.

If anyone has any suggestions that'd be great!

Cheers!
As root # try this command without quote "netstat -anpt|grep :9999"