• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

11.2 - Dash Release

I think that the jira idea was a great one for starters. Is this idea going to be continued for DASH? Or has this been replaced by slack? There should be one place to keep track of bugs and suggestions.

It isn't that we don't remember the old days. It's that we don't want to. Showing that we are growing and learning community is part of the battle but actually doing the growing and learning is another.

So far a lot of the time spent by people on the project is pointing out our downfalls but beyond that nothing much else happens. They point them out, make a suggestion, then it usually ends there. A bunch of people make a bunch of suggestion's but nobody actually step's up to fix them. Oh wait maybe that's because every time in the past that someone has, they eventually get walked on or left out of a seemingly simple discussion to include them and then get butt hurt.

To me it seems like we are walking an interesting path. We learn from our mistakes but only enough that we don't get 3rd degree burned the next time only 1st or 2nd. It is exciting that we can deal with all these things that have come up but also we can't keep making the same mistakes and expecting different outcomes.

We can make suggestions till we are blue in the face but if in the end they all fall on deaf ears then we are all wasting our time. I have lost count how many times people have asked for basic development practices to be used. Did anyone stop and think that perhaps we have a bunch of talented Dev's lurking that won't get involved simply because how pourly we handle our releases and software cycle. Perhaps they are concerned how our pour practices could look on their resume.

As just one silly example we have all these great community resources for disseminating release information yet it still seems our official way to release something is Evan posting to BCT?!?!? This fucking shit makes me crazy. I've been asking for two years for an official place for releases. Not a fucking post on BCT. Mailing list is ok but that never gets sent to on time. Again though it would take nothing for a low level admin to setup all these systems for our dev's. We still have dev's doing a shit ton of devops stuff when they should just be dev'ing. You wonder why they are wasting so much time. On release day instead of sleeping after his commits Evan is up posting to BCT, forgetting about the mailing list, reddit, the website, our blog, etc, etc. Then everyone is confused as to what has gone done.

Sure in the end more dev's would help but the other way to approach that problem is to relinquish the dev's from all the other bullshit and actually just let them dev. Focus on these bugs that are left. Develop a proper release strategy document from the last commit all the way to the push of the download. How long would that take a weekend? I read Evan made X11 in a weekend. I bet if all he was doing was coding it would have been done in 8 hours. Face it Evan is our Santa and Santa is going to Santa but he needs a bunch of elves.

Just sayin'. Empower the elves.
Since I lack the time to learn C, and losers do nothing but derail threads whenever I show up; I quit showing up. Only whiny beta-types allowed...

Frankly, I'd prefer no effort of any kind to "get the word out." That just leads to more effort to educate those who won't educate themselves. Just put the facts out there and the worthy will learn on their own. BTC and an ocean of shitcoins already exists. The Smart Money is already in. DASH should be silently confident, not another tooter-of-it's-own-horn.

Frankly, I'd prefer... It's not up to me. Rarely does someone show up with a sliver of common sense, so why both bother? Evan is who I'm invested in, not a so-called "community" of mentally handicapped animals... I could not give one flying fuck if DASH gets adopted by retards. If they had any brain power at all, they would have bought in a long time ago. The evolution and development process has been long, ongoing, and so fucking obviously the one and only path to take... People who haven't sorted it out by no are unforgivably stupid. I don't want to babysit them... Grow up, use brain; or suffer the well deserved consequences of bagholding a shitcoin with a shitdev. I'm so sick of helping people who don't listen and keep on being stuck on stupid anyway...

After all this time, the task of marketing is essentially no different from trying to fix stupid. You''ll have to invest a huge amount of resources into it, and it won't work anyway. You can't fix stupid.

Ignoring reality only results in a massive waste of resources. The best way to assure the forest is strong, is to be the best tree YOU can be. You can't force others to step up.

Cutting down the tallest trees to mulch the weeds only kills the best trees in the forest, nothing else is accomplished.

Losers can talk all the trash they like about me, DRK/DASH, Evan, whatever. I'm content to sit back and watch them squeal like a stuck pig while I win. I'm done trying to fix stupid, which leads to hate, which leads to derailed threads as the sad little losers take shots to try to look like somebody...

Nothing needs to be done to promote DASH. It's so great that it calls out to those with enough sense to understand it, and deserve the benefits. Trying to drag idiots kicking and screaming for their own benefit... Whatever. If they hate thinking so much, I'm not going to force them or get in their face. The last thing we need is a Jehovah's Witness division... If they wanted to hear the good news, they'd be asking the questions on their own. But they aren't, so why piss them off trying to shove it down their throat? Let it go...

The smart money is already in. The dumb money can't be forced to become smart money. Be the tallest tree, there's really nothing else you can do.

I think that the jira idea was a great one for starters. Is this idea going to be continued for DASH? Or has this been replaced by slack? There should be one place to keep track of bugs and suggestions.

Slack is no project management tool, but a pimped chat tool of sorts (like HipChat). And I'm pretty sure you need an invite to join, so there will have to be a real public bug tracker somewhere. I've written this before (somewhere..), IMHO Github would be the logical place: The tracker is enabled for the repo already, and a lot of people have gh accounts, so the barrier to entry is a lot lower than with Jira. Plus, it's one server less to maintain for the dev team.

The smart money is already in. The dumb money can't be forced to become smart money. Be the tallest tree, there's really nothing else you can do.

I don't want to spoil a perfectly fine rant, but you should realize that "smart money" only becomes smart when "dumb money" actually follows it. It's the difference between being an early investor and being an only investor :)

Since I lack the time to learn C, and losers do nothing but derail threads whenever I show up; I quit showing up. Only whiny beta-types allowed...

Frankly, I'd prefer no effort of any kind to "get the word out." That just leads to more effort to educate those who won't educate themselves. Just put the facts out there and the worthy will learn on their own. BTC and an ocean of shitcoins already exists. The Smart Money is already in. DASH should be silently confident, not another tooter-of-it's-own-horn.

Frankly, I'd prefer... It's not up to me. Rarely does someone show up with a sliver of common sense, so why both bother? Evan is who I'm invested in, not a so-called "community" of mentally handicapped animals... I could not give one flying fuck if DASH gets adopted by retards. If they had any brain power at all, they would have bought in a long time ago. The evolution and development process has been long, ongoing, and so fucking obviously the one and only path to take... People who haven't sorted it out by no are unforgivably stupid. I don't want to babysit them... Grow up, use brain; or suffer the well deserved consequences of bagholding a shitcoin with a shitdev. I'm so sick of helping people who don't listen and keep on being stuck on stupid anyway...

After all this time, the task of marketing is essentially no different from trying to fix stupid. You''ll have to invest a huge amount of resources into it, and it won't work anyway. You can't fix stupid.

Ignoring reality only results in a massive waste of resources. The best way to assure the forest is strong, is to be the best tree YOU can be. You can't force others to step up.

Cutting down the tallest trees to mulch the weeds only kills the best trees in the forest, nothing else is accomplished.

Losers can talk all the trash they like about me, DRK/DASH, Evan, whatever. I'm content to sit back and watch them squeal like a stuck pig while I win. I'm done trying to fix stupid, which leads to hate, which leads to derailed threads as the sad little losers take shots to try to look like somebody...

Nothing needs to be done to promote DASH. It's so great that it calls out to those with enough sense to understand it, and deserve the benefits. Trying to drag idiots kicking and screaming for their own benefit... Whatever. If they hate thinking so much, I'm not going to force them or get in their face. The last thing we need is a Jehovah's Witness division... If they wanted to hear the good news, they'd be asking the questions on their own. But they aren't, so why piss them off trying to shove it down their throat? Let it go...

Oh Camo, gosh I've missed your rants! It's just not the same over on BCT without you!

I can just imagine you presenting your "marketing" plan to a fortune 500 company for some mainstream product they sell:

"Hey you!. Yes you. Regular clueless fucktard person.

You haven't got a fucking clue have you?

You're just Mr haven't-got-a-fucking-clue on a set of legs walking around aren't you.

Well, what's so fucking fucked about you is that you don't even know you need (insert product name) because your fucking fucktardiness prevents you from having any fucking awareness of the most basic fucking notions.

So fucking stupid are you that you need to be fucking 'marketed' to which is the most fucking fucked concept that ever rose up from the collective consciousness of fucktardism.

Fucking fuckheads, if you're so fucking stupid you don't know about the fucking benefits of (product name) then you don't fucking deserve access to it do you?

And the fuckwits that make (product) haven't got a fucking clue that trying to get fucktards to understand it is a complete fucking waste of time.

So what you fucktards need to fucking get on with is to stop being so fucking retarded and fucking get some fucking sense and buy (product) in the vain hope you'll be miraculously lifted out of fucksville and have your eyes opened. Not that that's likely though cause when you're a fucktard you always stay a fucktard.....it's the law of fucktardic selection.

But you can always put your stupid fucking vain hope up to be royally fucked over.....give it a go (stupid fucks)"

Whatever it is, it'll probably sell like hotcakes.

It isn't that we don't remember the old days. It's that we don't want to. Showing that we are growing and learning community is part of the battle but actually doing the growing and learning is another.

So far a lot of the time spent by people on the project is pointing out our downfalls but beyond that nothing much else happens. They point them out, make a suggestion, then it usually ends there. A bunch of people make a bunch of suggestion's but nobody actually step's up to fix them. Oh wait maybe that's because every time in the past that someone has, they eventually get walked on or left out of a seemingly simple discussion to include them and then get butt hurt.

To me it seems like we are walking an interesting path. We learn from our mistakes but only enough that we don't get 3rd degree burned the next time only 1st or 2nd. It is exciting that we can deal with all these things that have come up but also we can't keep making the same mistakes and expecting different outcomes.

We can make suggestions till we are blue in the face but if in the end they all fall on deaf ears then we are all wasting our time. I have lost count how many times people have asked for basic development practices to be used. Did anyone stop and think that perhaps we have a bunch of talented Dev's lurking that won't get involved simply because how pourly we handle our releases and software cycle. Perhaps they are concerned how our pour practices could look on their resume.

As just one silly example we have all these great community resources for disseminating release information yet it still seems our official way to release something is Evan posting to BCT?!?!? This fucking shit makes me crazy. I've been asking for two years for an official place for releases. Not a fucking post on BCT. Mailing list is ok but that never gets sent to on time. Again though it would take nothing for a low level admin to setup all these systems for our dev's. We still have dev's doing a shit ton of devops stuff when they should just be dev'ing. You wonder why they are wasting so much time. On release day instead of sleeping after his commits Evan is up posting to BCT, forgetting about the mailing list, reddit, the website, our blog, etc, etc. Then everyone is confused as to what has gone done.

Sure in the end more dev's would help but the other way to approach that problem is to relinquish the dev's from all the other bullshit and actually just let them dev. Focus on these bugs that are left. Develop a proper release strategy document from the last commit all the way to the push of the download. How long would that take a weekend? I read Evan made X11 in a weekend. I bet if all he was doing was coding it would have been done in 8 hours. Face it Evan is our Santa and Santa is going to Santa but he needs a bunch of elves.

Seems like we have gotten far afield of the subject of this thread, and I'm sorry to say that I contributed to the distraction. Camo, I just deleted my previous post which was, shall we say sarcastic. It was at the very least off topic. I apologize for not appreciating your pain, and for distracting the community. Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

I have quoted Coingun's excellent post above, and would also like to cite Rango's post on the bottom of page 18, as both worthy of further consideration. These are the kind of serious concerns that warrant serious discussion. (Camo can rant as he sees fit; we should be able to filter what is worthwhile, without choking on the venom he poisons himself with.)

Coingun, what would you suggest should be the first step in empowering the elves? (I hope we're talking more in the vein of Legolas than Will Ferrell.:what:) Rango, or any of the rest of you have ideas on this front? Is this something that we need to just leave in the hands of Evan and wait for his input, or should we draft a proposal to submit to him?

(@Evan, I would like to think you are reading this. I think I have noticed a marked absence of initiative on your part on anything outside of issues directly related to development, and suspect this is due to your desire to empower the community and not micromanage. Even the rebranding seemed to be a response to a community initiative, rather than your idea. However I think a little insight into your thoughts here would be greatly appreciated by us all.:wink::wink::wink:)

coingun - To be fair... Evan has been more prompt to post on this forum and not just BCT. Many times he's posted on this forum first before going on BCT. The test links have been posted on the test threads promptly and we testers haven't had to copy and paste his posts from BCT to out test forum. So I have to say it has been a big improvement and we need to acknowledge it. As far as BCT... you hate it, I hate it, many people hate it, but it's there and we can't blame if anyone still wants to be on that site, but we wouldn't want the crowd there to move here either... :p So the posting there continues.. just have to deal with it...

As far as emails concerned, not sure why they're late for you, I've been getting Evan's emails promptly. The last email regarding the release of this version was sent to me about an hour after the posting, not late at all. I think the reason any important emails have to come from Evan is because of security, same with the posting of the download links.

So cool down alright? Someone with the name "gun" shouldn't be mad.. i'm glad this is just online and we don't have to see you mad... you and your hunting rifle... scary... :tongue::grin:

The only people actually DOING anything are Evan, Flare, and Udjin... The rest is jaw-jacking. I know what it is and I don't need to pretend otherwise.

If a bunch of people want to volunteer to waste their time trying to fix stupid, let them. I'm not standing in anyone's way, and I'm sure as hell not in charge. I tossed my position out there on the topic of marketing DASH. I don't think DASH needs it, and any such efforts are a waste, IMNSHO.

Why would I contribute to something that I think is a bad idea and won't help?

Crypto is not new anymore. I live in bumblefuck nowhere and I still haven't met the person who hasn't heard of BitCoin, tho they have no clue what it really is or how it works. The information is available to them, they just don't care. Beer and STDs is the sum total of their lives and thoughts.

No matter how many tampon commercials I see, I sill don't have a vagina. I'm pretty sure people who do have a vagina came up with a solution to the leaking problem without the help of the TV commercial...

I tried to engage an Obamacite on the topic of inflation, and she pulled out a $20 bill and said "It's still 20!" and everyone thought it was hilarious how wrong I was that the numbers on the money didn't change. You can't fix stupid. The concept of what inflation is, is beyond their ability to comprehend. They're dumb cattle. They like it that way. Let them be.

The people that can be reached have already been reached. The smart money is already in. Those that remain are the ones who aren't smart enough to see the need. DOGE holders are more than happy to spread their business all over social media. They have no interest in privacy and LOVE big brother. BTC holders aren't even paying attention, LTC holders, even less so... Beat your head against that wall all you like. I'm not stopping you. I'm merely suggesting that such time and resource could be spent on prodctive endeavors instead.

Pearls before swine, etc, etc...

Write a firmware update for graphical Gas Pump payments with DASH/IX. Seamless integration that has zero impact on current operations. Even if nobody ever uses it, no impact so why not?

Forget CrackDonald's, they're already under the apple spell. See if other trash food joints are interested...

Make it available. With a block-inclusion wait time, no crypto has even bothered to approach this. They built ATMs under convoluted big-brother regulation to band-aid the real issue. DASH hasn't got that problem.

Damn near every checkout counter has a credit-card swipe machine that could very easily display a QR code. No, the credit Card people won't play nice and let you into their machine with the ultimate competition... Make your own, make it more appealing.One thing that annoys almost every consumer is that these checkouts are not standardized, ask you question after question, etc. It's damn annoying. If DASHpay machines were all the same everywhere.......... Do I have to come up with everything? Jeez...

You want adoption? Make the hardware. Go Foundation!

Last edited by a moderator:
The people that can be reached have already been reached. The smart money is already in.

At huge risk to my own mental well-being I'll attempt to respond to you camosoul.

I think you've spent far too much time talking to yourself and seeing/thinking-of nothing but stupidity in your fellow man to have a reasonable handle on how technological and economic revolution works

"The smart money is already in"....WTF, at a market cap of just under $21mil today, please tell me you're joking and having a laugh?

We haven't even begun.

'Marketing' (and your views of what this is, I would suggest, are hopelessly tainted/warped by your venomous disdain for most of the people on this planet) is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL to bring awareness to far more "smart money" than is here now. Magnitudes of order beyond anything we've seen are possible if the message is promulgated consistently and effectively. As unpalatable as it can sometimes be, it's as necessary as sound technological innovation and development.

If you cannot understand this you are not part of the normal world where financial tools like Dash will thrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Camo, I look forward to one day being able to sit down and jabber with you face to face--I think we might both even enjoy it more than we disagree. Yes, most people are willingly ignorant, and few have the wisdom (or luxury) of choosing where to let their ignorance reside as you do. (It was you who said, "Since I lack the time to learn C..." wasn't it?)

My life is split between living among the most and least educated people on the planet. Currently I am where people routinely punch holes in the sky and drive machines on Mars. In a few months I expect I will be back in the jungle. Yet even here, not one person in a hundred has heard of Bitcoin, and that includes IT professionals! True depths of knowledge requires sacrificing many general domains. As an educator I can tell you stupid is easy to fix, it is rudeness and intolerance that are almost impossible to overcome. It has been said that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. Might I suggest that rather than shooting them with a fire-hose while telling them how dumb they are, you simply try speaking softly while putting salt in their oats.

Even if that is not your style, or your personality disposes you otherwise, I would kindly ask that you at least try to not stampede the horses that the rest of us have been coaxing into the coral. They may one day help pull your wagon to the bank. (OK, not the bank--I know, they're the bad guys--but you know what I mean, and few analogies are perfect.:oops:)

Peace to you my conflicted friend... :smile:

The only people actually DOING anything are Evan, Flare, and Udjin... The rest is jaw-jacking. I know what it is and I don't need to pretend otherwise.

If a bunch of people want to volunteer to waste their time trying to fix stupid, let them. I'm not standing in anyone's way, and I'm sure as hell not in charge. I tossed my .................. concept of what ...............your head against that wall ................ joints are interested.......It's damn annoying. ......... Do I have to come up with everything? Jeez...

You want adoption? Make the hardware. Go Foundation!

Actually a coder could input an "app" into the POS to scan a SmartPhone-cell to make payment tied into the backend...... I mean....

Camo camo camo ... Whow ... I think you should go in the yard and fire your guns for a while !

Everybody else , maybe we can get this discussion back on track and talk about the issues at hand !
:wink:

Just in,..

You're more than welcome to adapt the machine image to accept Dark/Dashcoin. For operators who install the custom image, it would be a fork which we wouldn't be able to provide direct support for.

In the future, if there are easier ways to add support for other coins to our existing infrastructure, we'll look forward to having Dashcoin as an option.

Cheers,

Neal Conner
Customer Service Manager
Lamassu, Inc.

Just in,..

You're more than welcome to adapt the machine image to accept Dark/Dash. For operators who install the custom image, it would be a fork which we wouldn't be able to provide direct support for.

In the future, if there are easier ways to add support for other coins to our existing infrastructure, we'll look forward to having Dashcoin as an option.

Cheers,

Neal Conner
Customer Service Manager
Lamassu, Inc.

Welcome!

That's going to be great, having DASH ATMs!

(by the way, it's DASH, not Dashcoin :wink:)

Friends, i need your light again:

A new situation with my MN is that now at the DASH Ninja "Port Check" is showing RED (closed) :eek: even though it shows as open when I do a "ufw status" at putty (see print screen below - sensitive info hidden)
2r6mohf.jpg

Is there anything i should do to fix it?

Thank you again!

Friends, i need your light again:

A new situation with my MN is that now at the DASH Ninja "Port Check" is showing RED (closed) :eek: even though it shows as open when I do a "ufw status" at putty (see print screen below - sensitive info hidden)
2r6mohf.jpg

Is there anything i should do to fix it?

Thank you again!
I've had instances like that but it was more cosmetic that later corrected itself on E's website.

What should I do to put my MN back into the payment list ?
My version is latest , daemon masternode status ilooks OK, It's never be inactive from dashninja checking website during upgrade daemon version to latest.
The last payment was In March.
Any advise?
PS, you can see my MN on first record of dashninja masternode list.

Thank you in advance.

Same with me. One group of my MN is paid more often then the statistical average of 4 days. The other group did not receive any payments since 7-8 days, although they are on the masternodelist and have a score of 0.

I suppose a bug has been introduced with version 110216/110217

Seem to be affected too. Masternodes haven't been paid in 6-7 days. Before upgrade there were paid like clockwork. Both 11.2.17 and showing as open + zero's on dash ninja.
Any advice?

Back