• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Official Statement On Rebranding To Dash

From this point of view I agree with you...

I like logo on your avatar, it is beautiful and stylish, but... ambiguous - so needs text spelling-explanation next to it (otherwise can be considered as ASH).

This one:
88b80d2dcfa9.gif

is not so beautiful and stylish but easy to read for everybody without additional text next to it - I think it is important and useful thing... And also have a positive smile :) inside!

Why limit us with amateur designers - I think we should invite professionals for logo - to collect all possible ideas and creativity - so could choose really the best one.
I agree, we should get some designs by professionals as well (Maybe we have already? You never know who is in this community..). I'm just saying this is the one I instantly fell in love with, and I think the D, backwards C with a dash in it, is genius :grin:

Oh and TaoOfTasoshi I showed my wife the Dash animation that you posted a while ago with Darkcoin spinning into Dash and we both agreed that it's one of the best brand animations that we've ever seen. It's straight to the point and just looks sexy :D
My wife says the same...I think we just doubled our market!:grin: No more Dorkcoin...

Haha thanks! :D

Nah I haven't been on Twitter since early 2014 but I'll definitely check the Darkcoin/Dash Twitter page out soon :D
That would be great!

I just went through the thread and realized no one posted this, so I will for it's sheer awesomeness:
IYbPiNz.gif

This is an amazing logo, and would get my vote if one was held today. Simple, classic, and it incorporates all of the elements that the brand is about.

This thing is so sexy I would LOVE to add it to the official wallet's "About Darkcoin Core" popup right now....but I guess Evan would kill me :grin:

My wife says the same...I think we just doubled our market!:grin: No more Dorkcoin...

That would be great!
Lmao! "Dorkcoin" I love it haha!

The more she feels involved the more money I can put into Darkcoin/Dash so we're onto a winner :D

I tried that same tactic when I bought a new pc recently but she just went nuts instead.....So anonymous currency eh? Hmm....I wonder how much a hitman would cost....Nah I'm joking haha!

When will the Let`s Talk Bitcoin appearence be?
The interview with Evan has already been recorded. We believe it will out on Tuesday.
I think you don't realize how it's been handled.

Evan has been against changing the name for a very long time. The community has been pushing for a name change ever since the last name change...

He was finally coming around to the fact that his creation has changed so drastically, that it's name no longer fit it.

Of the considerations being made, DASH was high on the list. Then, there was a goof in some comment posting that revealed it, people jumped to conclusions, hands were forced, it was messy. Accidents happen. Get over it. I'm the biggest loudmouth critic of every tiny detail there is... I'm not whining.

Coming from me, that's the biggest STFU there has ever been.

Someone please reach camosoul asap!! His account has been hacked by someone in a good mood!!!!

Oh.. this is a big big mistake. I think I just dashed in my pants when I read this thread. Thank god darkcoin is open source. Someone can carry on the name in another fork. Even if they can't, the market is reacting poorly. What a colossal mistake. I guess the amount of brand recognition Darkcoin had already acquired didn't factor into the decision at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tante, I was just trying to catch up on DCT, and saw your post on democracy/republic. I don't have time to give you a full answer now, but you are tapping into a wellspring that can take you many interesting places. Few seem to understand the difference between Common and Statutory Law. In the same way that democracy leads to oppression, SL leads to slavery for the masses. People have been kowtowed into believing they must ask permission from States for almost everything. They want laws which protect them from their own poor judgment. Under Common Law, if you obey all the rules, you can still be judged by a jury of your peers for running over your neighbor as he crossed the road. Under Statutory Law, you have a "license" to kill if you are obeying the law and he is jaywalking--even if you could have avoided it. It boils down to a question of where rights are derived from. The US Declaration of Ind. expressed one view, the UN Declaration of Human Rights, another. In either case "Law" must be violated to be punished.

A crude quick example: The US Constitution guarantees you right to posses and travel with your property, yet every State declares that "driving" is a privilege, not a right. How did this come about?

More later, when I have time...
Indeed, it gets very murky and complex. I don't think there is a real theory of economics/government/etc... that can survive as fact and theory. Too many variables and Human nature gets in the way. Might as well find the theory that combines Relativity and quantum mechanics. Likely may never be possible, but we always have hope, no? LOL

Oh.. this is a big big mistake. I think I just dashed in my pants when I read this thread. Thank god darkcoin is open source. Someone can carry on the name in another fork. Even if they can't, the market is reacting poorly. What a colossal mistake. I guess the amount of brand recognition Darkcoin had already acquired didn't factor into the decision at all.
Because 18M market cap is so large. Fork all you want, you won't have an expansive masternode network or talent. Fuck off.

Because 18M market cap is so large. Fork all you want, you won't have an expansive masternode network or talent. Fuck off.
If you want people to be on your side you need to fuck off first. Don't you think people of a different opinion should be allowed to speak their mind? So what if someone else clones this coin as it hasn't happened already? Besides, enough of this immature, childish fighting.

Who got your panties in a twist? When new users just join to post trash, they deserve to fuck off. I'm fine with actual constructive opinions.
And your posts aren't trash with that kind of language to new users? I thought you could be better than what you called "trash" there.

Indeed, it gets very murky and complex. I don't think there is a real theory of economics/government/etc... that can survive as fact and theory. Too many variables and Human nature gets in the way. Might as well find the theory that combines Relativity and quantum mechanics. Likely may never be possible, but we always have hope, no? LOL

Actually Tante I am working on that R & QM thing, but that would really be off topic. (Suffice it to say that Einstein missed something important--namely what time and space were relative to. He seems to have thought it was to each other based on velocity. His def. of time highlights his error. Time is not what a clock measures--Time is what conscious entities measure with a clock. On the QM side R. Penrose gets close.):what:

To answer your earlier question more directly. Evan released an open source code that the market seems to like. He does not own it since he open sourced it. He MAY now own the trademark for Dash, but that remains to be seen. Owning a trademark ONLY gives you a right to sue in Federal Court. Under Common Law, first use in commerce is a defensible right IF you go to court, and then only on a State by State basis. To my knowledge Evan has never sold anything bearing the name Darkcoin or Dash, and any claim to the name Dash would be based on the legitimacy of the contract he obtained from the previous Dashcoin Developer. Whether HE truly owned the name is an open question. Personally I suspect that the Board of Directors are the only ones at risk due to the fact that the foundation is an entity created by the State and hence completely under its jurisdiction. They could in theory be sued by an entity claiming that they are infringing on their ownership of DASH. However, in the absence of actual sale of product, it would be difficult to demonstrate damages. The URL would be another issue. At this point We can call our coin, wallets, and nodes, anything we like. Just like you can name your child Coca Cola--but I suspect you are a better mother than that.:eek:

Had they asked me (and they had no reason to:tongue:) I would have advised against forming such an entity, but what is done is done. To my chagrin, most Churches are formed as 503c Corporations and have no idea that this puts them under the total control of the State. It is done in exchange for favorable tax status, and to protect the leadership from suits. Only now are many finding that the price was far too high. Much better the system employed by the Roman Catholic organizations whose holdings are held in trust by a Vicar who does not own, but manages the trust holdings.

Peace to you my dear... :smile:

Sorry it is clearly past my bedtime and this surely falls under the catagory of TMI.:oops:

I just went through the thread and realized no one posted this, so I will for it's sheer awesomeness:
IYbPiNz.gif

This is an amazing logo, and would get my vote if one was held today. Simple, classic, and it incorporates all of the elements that the brand is about.

This is my first post here... So hello to all my fellow Darkcoiners/Dashers :) ...This .gif animation is the reason I have decided to finally create an account here (been holding DRK and 3 masternodes for a while now). I have been lurking these forums for many months but finally decided to break my silence... THIS IS AMAZING! +1 I'm looking forward to all of the developments moving forward with this project. Evan has my full support.

This is my first post here... So hello to all my fellow Darkcoiners/Dashers :) ...This .gif animation is the reason I have decided to finally create an account here (been holding DRK and 3 masternodes for a while now). I have been lurking these forums for many months but finally decided to break my silence... THIS IS AMAZING! +1 I'm looking forward to all of the developments moving forward with this project. Evan has my full support.
Agreed and welcome. I was surprised that kind of logo and animation combination actually came from the community. Pleasantly shocked and pleased. Will be interesting to see things from here.

Welcome to the Dark...er....DASH! :grin:

Back