• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[WTS] 2012 Casascius Physical Bitcoin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRKLord

I have an original 2012 Casascius Physical Bitcoin I've been trying to sell. I intended to sell it for BTC to invest in more DRK, if not just sell it for straight DRK.

CwxaAkf.jpg

AtojJe5.jpg

I asked a friend of mine to help find me a buyer for a % commission of sales proceeds, but so far we've had no luck. Just a couple inquiries and one lame scam attempt, LOL.

This coin is still un-redeemed and the tamper-proof hologram is still 100% in-tact. You can verify this in the Casascius database by entering the part of the address visible on the back of the coin (1CsDFTqA):

http://casascius.uberbills.com/?address=1CsDFTqAwvyBwgX4EQjoJeSsSq9cxH2KSe

The full address (1CsDFTqAwvyBwgX4EQjoJeSsSq9cxH2KSe) can also be checked on blockchain.info:
http://blockchain.info/address/1CsDFTqAwvyBwgX4EQjoJeSsSq9cxH2KSe

As you can see, its only transaction is for +1.00 BTC (when Casascius loaded it) and it still holds its balance of 1.00 BTC.

I'm open to entertain any reasonable offers. Willing to accept DRK, BTC, cash deposits, wire transfer and other secure methods of payment. If you're located around Baton Rouge, LA we could meet in person -- I will be here for the next 4-6 days.

Thanks,

The DRK Lord

I'm interested. Couple of questions.
Do you still have the original packaging it came in?
What are you trying to get for it?
Is the front of the coin dirty or bad lighting?

It's bad lighting and not the best camera. I do not have the original package. Casascius just sent it in a padded envelope and included a free refridgerator magnet that says "I believe in honest money: Gold, silver and Bitcoin".

I'm looking for at least 2.00 BTC. Got one offer for 2.40 but the buyer seems flakey and I doubt they ever actually come through.

What'd you have in mind? I'll entertain any reasonable offer... just saying what I'd "hoped" to get, lol...

vertoe and I have agreed on a deal: He will purchase my 2012 Casascius Physical Bitcoin for 140.00 DRK. Now we are trying to come to an agreement on how to escrow and handle the transaction...

I suggested that perhaps we could use TomatoCage, DannyHammilton or another reputable escrow agent from Bitcointalk.org. I've talked to TomatoCage and he says he IS willing to escrow our transaction if both parties are willing. AFAIK, he has one of the highest trust ratings of all Bitcointalk users, a very long trackrecord of successful trades and has been around a long time.

@ Propulsion:
I sincerely appreciate your offer and will take this into consideration. Do you have a vouch thread, some trade threads or any sort of prior reputation/trust I could see? This kind of transaction is a bit scary for both sides. vertoe is afraid to send the coins first because I could be any random scammer on the internet and simply take his 140.00 DRK without ever delivering the goods. And on the other hand, I have to be afraid that maybe the Casascius coin is worth more to vertoe than his account and reputation; maybe he will just take the coin and disappear and come back with a new account? Who knows? We are two strangers on the internet! Plenty things could go wrong, even if we're both honest people... maybe vertoe sends the 140.00 DRK and I get hit by a bus on my way to ship it, and he never gets it? Or maybe I ship vertoe the coin and he gets really sick and ends up in the hospital, unable to send the DRK? Anything can happen, and we're not wrong to be a bit paranoid and afraid... At the same time, it's important not to mistake a sensible level of caution as personal distrust! :)

@ vertoe:
I sent you a message on Skype. Are you willing to use escrow.ms from Bitcointalk as I suggested in our last correspondance? His trust profile is exceptional and he has a long history of successful escrows and trades involving considerable amounts of money. TomatoCage also personally recommended him. I've already talked to him and he says he would be more than happy to handle this for us if we're both in agreement. And if so, I'm ready to ship immediately after funds are deposited to escrow. If you're not willing to use him as our escrow agent, however, we will have to consider alternatives. I'll need to do a bit of "background checking" on the proposed escrow agent and do some thinking. If you don't mind, could you please send 140.00 DRK to one of your own addresses (make a payment-to-self) and create a signed message for the address saying "I am vertoe"? This will prove you have the 140.00 DRK in-hand and under your exclusive control, and make me feel a lot more comfortable with the idea of either shipping first or using a Darkcointalk escrow agent I'm unfamiliar with.

DRKLord I don't have a vouch thread. Yet I can't imagine what would happen if I stole from either of you. I'm sure I would be ostracized from the community and this site would never be used again. Too much to lose for me over what 2btc? No thanks.

Anyway the offer still stands. I'll be more than happy to escrow. No offense taken with your apprehension.

@ Propulsion:
I thank you again for your willingness to help us. I agree with you on many levels, and I do not think you would ever try to scam me or vertoe (or any other user for that matter). But like I said, bad things can happen even when everyone involved in the trade is an honest person. For example, say that Billy is going to escrow a transaction between Dan and John. Dan sends his DRK to Billy to hold, but before the transaction is completed Billy's PC gets fried by a power surge and he loses his DRK wallet and John never gets the 1,000 DRK. Billy had good intentions and meant to handle the escrow properly, but maybe he wasn't very experienced or just failed to create a back-up of his wallet file and passphrase out of laziness. I'm not saying I think anything like this would happen to us, I'm just pointing out that there's always increased risk when trying new things and dealing with new people. So I am naturally cautious about such things. That being said, from everything I've seen you're a valued veteran member here and I don't think you'd tarnish your reputation for 2 BTC either (I agree). You could probably sell an account like yours for more than 2 BTC in the near future. And judging by the amount of time you've been active here, I'd expect that you own a lot more than 140 DRK. :)

That being said... we just have to await vertoe's response now. I'm ready to proceed immediately with escrow.ms as our agent. I already offered him the job and he's waiting on a response. But if vertoe objects to this, I will take you into full consideration, sir. :)

DRKLord I understand and respect your not-trusting anyone related to cryptos. I'm not afraid sending 140 DRK first, but I have more reputation to lose then you that's why I want either you to send first or we use escrow. I would prefer escrower from this forum as we need to start building up a network of trust within the darkcointalk community. That's all. And by the way, I hold more than 100 BTC and some 10k DRK and various smaller coins. I'm not going to risk my reputation for a physical bitcoin :)

So, if you still want some escrow, lets try to find one on darkcointalk. If you dont want Propulsion - we could also ask Lzeppelin - he has the highest forum reputation.

Edit:

XxE9yBg7PQSdCDF2YikwJ1X9FAGhKTMTGF
I am vertoe, own at least 140.0 DRK, and want to purchase the physical bitcoin from drklord! :)
ICQC70KS5N4QhxFAEUMBricsEh8pBOSYOXh6xJ93h5BoM7Ubl0NC/Ct53Df9oJu74xnHwXiBTXKjimMwH5jaBWg=

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/tx....229e6e4bd3283a72df9a4e3a4c908ca6271478f98.htm

Message acknowledged and verified... vertoe does indeed have the 140.00 DRK available (actually over 10,004.00+ DRK on the specified address he owns). :)

After discussing this matter with vertoe at some length, we've come to an agreement on our transaction. I have decided that I will ship my Casascius coin directly to vertoe today as soon as possible (preferably thru DHL, if possible). After receiving the Casascius coin, vertoe is to then pay the amount of 140.00 DRK directly to me. Alternatively, if all or some of the funds cannot be sent in the form of DRK, for whatever reason, vertoe may pay the equivalent amount in BTC (based on that day's Poloniex or Mintpal DRK/BTC rate).

The details of the payment transaction for the Casascius coin are as follows:

________________________________________________________________________________
PAYMENT INFO
________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
Payment Addresses:

Primary Darkcoin Payment Address:
XcBzr9CKMka7A5E7xGtoC3sohuetHRq95F

Secondary Bitcoin Payment Address:
18MwiWAKdwhMZdC6bdBjHqnmP2zV8zAwbm

Payment Details:

Item: 2012 Casascius Physical Bitcoin (1CsDFTqA)
Price: 140.00 DRK (One-hundred and fourty Darkcoins)

Shipping: $0.00 (free)
Fees/Misc: $0.00
Subtotal: 140.00 DRK

(NOTE: Item shown in pictures IS the actual item being sold)

Glad to see you finally reached an agreement, I was following this thread and I was worried! I'm sure you two are gonna be ok with the result :grin:

It was a little tricky doing this shipment right because the DHL people were afraid to ship "any type of coin". But I finally made the shipment today. Expected delivery time Thursday afternoon...

@ vertoe: Check your Skype. I've sent you the tracking number and some additional information. I can also scan and upload the shipping receipt if you'd like. :)

DHL indicating the package was just delivered... awaiting vertoe's response/confirmation and payment. :)
Recieved the coin in top condition and !HOLY SHIT! this was fast shipping from US to DE. great dealing with you!
Here you go: 17a0900ae9079a369f22e0623fbd66f7d959c42655f45084ed5eb5245f8aa4d3

Vertoe responded almost immediately after the package was delivered and promptly sent the payment of 140.00 DRK. This was one of the smoothest and easiest deals I've ever made in any crypto-currency community! :)

I would like to point out to future readers that, at the time of this post, 1.00 DRK == ~0.02 BTC at current market prices... so the sum of 140.00 DRK is worth nearly 2.50 BTC. And at this time, 2.50 BTC is worth about $1,500.00 USD. This is significant for two reasons. The first and most obvious reason is that $1,500 is quite a lot of money by most people's standards. I sent vertoe my Casascius coin first and trusted him to pay me this large sum of money in a timely fashion. I am many things, but a fool I am not! There are only 3 or 4 other people in the entire crypto-currency world I would EVER trust with that amount of money, and vertoe is now at the top of that list (and rightfully so). The second important thing to note about this deal is that when vertoe made his bid of 140.00 DRK, the current market price was less than ~0.01450 BTC. So between the time of his bid and the time of the payment, the value of DRK increased over 39.65% in BTC terms. Despite this significant move in the DRK/BTC, vertoe never once tried to back out of his bid of 140.00 DRK. He never tried to flip-flop on me or strong-arm me into accepting a DRK-penny less than 140.00 DRK. Vertoe is truly a man of his word and a man of honor, and a pillar of the DRK community. The Darkcoin world (and these forums) would be a shitty place with no vertoe! :)

Well, it looks like this deal is now concluded... Vertoe got his coin and is most pleased. I got the 140.00 DRK I was promised. And the new masternode / Darksend payment launch is only hours away and the price of DRK/BTC is roaring! All's well that ends well... and this one is safe to call "a happy ending"... :)

Major +1 for the Darkcoin community!!! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back