• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Which Masternode model should we implement?

I agree with this. Just because you are paying for 10 IP addresses doesn't mean your VPS instances aren't all running on the same physical box.

Regarding TOR, hosting the Masternodes on a network designed and funded by the NSA doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

I was waiting for someone to mention this... thelonecrouton has arrived :)

I only tried to use Tor once... I downloaded it a week before they announced everyone visiting the website was being put on a tracking list last year, about the same time the DRKcoin mining pool was hacked... hahahaha, I guess I'm on the list. What I really didn't appreciate is two days after that I suddenly had a hacking attack on my home computer(the screen went black and a bunch of code started writing on the screen super fast...) on which I had installed it, which conveniently corrupted my Drkcoin.dat file at the exact time I opened my wallet.... So if Tor is proven secure and safe maybe its ok? But if it has built in backdoors or can be taken offline or whatever... Not ok?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, just a statement that contradicts your post.

If you don't understand it will be a pleasure to help you... If you have any questions, please ask them and I will do my best to answer them to the best of my ability, so you can understand.

If your comment has no logical foundation,thought or heart behind it, or you simply don't support Darkcoin projects and initiatives, why are you here? To give bad networking advice as seen above? hahaha, If you are going to criticize my Darkcoin charity that's ok, if you want to be constructive, give me advice on how to make it better please.

If you don't understand it will be a pleasure to help you... If you have any questions, please ask them and I will do my best to answer them to the best of my ability, so you can understand.

If your comment has no logical foundation,thought or heart behind it, or you simply don't support Darkcoin projects and initiatives, why are you here? To give bad networking advice as seen above? hahaha
lol, Bitcoin isn't experiencing 300k of new users a day and you think Darkcoin is. What kind of drugs are you smoking as I need them to enter la la land. You're coming off as a douche with your asinine statistics.

Looking at you I think they might be. hahaha

Sorry oblox no more time to waste on you.

OMG
you guys !

How did this thread get so "off track"
i am amazed, from
Hidden IP Addresses to 353,000 unborn Babies ?
Whow
:cool:
Keep it coming, i wonder how far this is gonna go

OMG
you guys !

How did this thread get so "off track"
i am amazed, from
Hidden IP Addresses to 353,000 unborn Babies ?
Whow
:cool:
Keep it coming, i wonder how far this is gonna go
Because r-ando thinks spewing BS statistics makes his cause look awesome. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea, just not the BS statistics as it relates to new users. It was his poor execution that ultimately lead to this amazing detour. :)

I agree with this. Just because you are paying for 10 IP addresses doesn't mean your VPS instances aren't all running on the same physical box.

Regarding TOR, hosting the Masternodes on a network designed and funded by the NSA doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

Sure. NSA is not actually funding Tor. USA government is not the same as NSA.

Also, Tor is open-source, if you can find a backdoor from the hundreds of researchers who have reviewed tor source then you must be some kind of godlike hacker. If you can't find a backdoor then please kindly shut the fuck up.

If something such high-level of crime as 99.99% drug markets trust Tor including the biggest then why something of such NO CRIME AT ALL like Darkcoin shouldn't?

Oblox, in life there are doers and then there are those that criticize and complain the doers. Its in the nature of mediocrity.

You probably think your opinions, ideas and thoughts are so important. Only your actions count. And your lack of action.

If you spend your time criticizing other people, the odds are you are not actually taking any actions that count. Specifically, Darkcoin related....

Which is partly why I don't want to criticize you or even other people for liking these comments of yours here, comments which frankly in my opinion are not very intelligent and also in my opinion lack anything constructive. I'll limit myself to the constructive things and you do whatever you feel is right... Its normal that I defend the charity if it is challenged, believe me I have faced a lot of challenges already and I expect much more. This isn't the first time we don't see eye to eye, I'm turning my eyes away from you.

I wasn't going to make judgement on you as a person again... but the comment about you crying to your mommy and the comments about statistics being BS to a charity, not to mention the simple lack of positivism in your demeanor... made me feel obliged to encourage you, one last attempt... to give to charity!

So here I formally request that you donate Darkcoin to the Rava World Conservation. Thank you for donating to a charity that will distribute Darkcoin to children forever, your donation will even keep on giving even after you pass away :)

I'm still busy laughing too and I'm about to like your mommy comment... oh Oblox... I really hope you show up with a Darkcoin project one day that blows me off my feet and that is very sincere and I will acknowledge you for it with utmost respect and sincerity...

This has proved a fun morning for me and back to work it is, sorry for derailing this tread. Darkmarkets and Illegal talk made me want to remind people of the positive things happening with Darkcoin, it turned into a critique by Oblox which I hope was addressed.

Going back to the Tor question eventually, are there issues for the network with having NSA control of nodes as mentioned by thelonecrouton? ...

Oblox, in life there are doers and then there are those that criticize and complain the doers. Its in the nature of mediocrity.

You probably think your opinions, ideas and thoughts are so important. Only your actions count. And your lack of action.

If you spend your time criticizing other people, the odds are you are not actually taking any actions that count. Specifically, Darkcoin related....

Which is partly why I don't want to criticize you or even other people for liking these comments of yours here, comments which frankly in my opinion are not very intelligent and also in my opinion lack anything constructive. I'll limit myself to the constructive things and you do whatever you feel is right... Its normal that I defend the charity if it is challenged, believe me I have faced a lot of challenges already and I expect much more. This isn't the first time we don't see eye to eye, I'm turning my eyes away from you.

I wasn't going to make judgement on you as a person again... but the comment about you crying to your mommy and the comments about statistics being BS to a charity, not to mention the simple lack of positivism in your demeanor... made me feel obliged to encourage you, one last attempt... to give to charity!

So here I formally request that you donate Darkcoin to the Rava World Conservation. Thank you for donating to a charity that will distribute Darkcoin to children forever, your donation will even keep on giving even after you pass away :)

I'm still busy laughing too and I'm about to like your mommy comment... oh Oblox... I really hope you show up with a Darkcoin project one day that blows me off my feet and that is very sincere and I will acknowledge you for it with utmost respect and sincerity...

This has proved a fun morning for me and back to work it is, sorry for derailing this tread. Darkmarkets and Illegal talk made me want to remind people of the positive things happening with Darkcoin, it turned into a critique by Oblox which I hope was addressed.

Going back to the Tor question eventually, are there issues for the network with having NSA control of nodes as mentioned by thelonecrouton? ...

Alright, you go on and post your 300k of new users per day on Bitcointalk or better yet, even on any news site, and see how fast it's ripped apart. Go on sugar. You make it sound like I am against your idea of the charity--I'm not. I'm against your decision of mentioning BS statistics. You went about it the wrong way and I called you out on it.

Sure. NSA is not actually funding Tor. USA government is not the same as NSA.

Also, Tor is open-source, if you can find a backdoor from the hundreds of researchers who have reviewed tor source then you must be some kind of godlike hacker. If you can't find a backdoor then please kindly shut the fuck up.

If something such high-level of crime as 99.99% drug markets trust Tor including the biggest then why something of such NO CRIME AT ALL like Darkcoin shouldn't?
Who do you think runs all the exit nodes? Trusting the tool of your enemy is daft.

This could be interesting in light of today's discussion, it seems to suggest a legal framework is being recommended (or going to be recommended) by the NSA to allow future backdoors or similar access through legislation...
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...-mano-with-nsa-director-over-crypo-backdoors/

And it also seems to suggest they are already doing it, which we all knew anyways after Snowden and the other whistleblower testimonies.

Who do you think runs all the exit nodes? Trusting the tool of your enemy is daft.

Using Tor as an out-proxy is completely different than using Tor for hidden service.

First difference is that when using as an out-proxy then the exit-node sees the traffic in plaintext.

FYI: You can ask Tor explicitly to use your Exit-node(s) so traffic confirmation attacks become impossible thus deanonymization too. There is no way to prove that you're using your own exit-nodes and other people would be using your exit-nodes too.

Yes, NSA do run over 50% exit-nodes. You're correct about that part. In fact, everyone should assume NSA run over 99.99% exit-nodes when using Tor.

Please do some research before spreading FUD.

Edit: Why do you care about this so much? Even using Tor as an ddos protection is a huge gain.

Being so scared about Tor being runned by NSA just calls you out as a criminal. Are you a criminal?

Even before Torproject fixed an anonymity problem with Hidden services, it took 3 months to find out the IP address of an hidden service. Now imagine if this vulnerability existed. It would take 3 * 2000 months to shutdown all Masternodes of Darkcoin. 6000 months = 500 years. No one lives for 500 years. Now as this vulnerability is fixed, finding out IP address of hidden service can only be done with software layer vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection(in case of Silk Road 2).

Using Tor as an out-proxy is completely different than using Tor for hidden service.

First difference is that when using as an out-proxy then the exit-node sees the traffic in plaintext.

FYI: You can ask Tor explicitly to use your Exit-node(s) so traffic confirmation attacks become impossible thus deanonymization too.

Please do some research before spreading FUD.
You sound like you're on the payroll. :rolleyes:

I don't think Darkcoin should be using any 3rd party infrastructure at all beyond 'the internet,' on general principles. Anything TOR can do that's of any advantage can be done internally/independently.

You sound like you're on the payroll. :rolleyes:

I don't think Darkcoin should be using any 3rd party infrastructure at all beyond 'the internet,' on general principles. Anything TOR can do that's of any advantage can be done internally/independently.

Read my edits, then continue talk shit if you can.

You can ask every masternode operator to pay 200$+/month for DDOS protection and bandwidth costs.

Back