What other altcoins are DRKcoiners into?

Ignition75

May 25, 2014
Australia
Ah cool, do you buy with crypto? I do like to buy some here and there if I feel the price is right. It's a lot of fun albeit an expensive hobby!
We've been using a mix of Fiat and BTC, buying small chunks, ounces, storing them somewhere safe etc.

recan86

Jun 8, 2014
Ah cool, I do the same. I just buy some small coins and some little bits if there is a deal.
Pretty sure there is a site that is vetted that will take crypto, fiat and even dark. It's in the list of places in the forum that accept dark.

Reactions: pbleak

Ignition75

May 25, 2014
Australia
Ah cool, I do the same. I just buy some small coins and some little bits if there is a deal.
It's actually pretty therapeutic having something tangible like gold ounces after dealing so much in Crypto...

The Meltdown is coming and it's going to be handy to have some good old fashioned gold tucked away under one's pillow...

thelonecrouton

Foundation Member
Apr 15, 2014
It's actually pretty therapeutic having something tangible like gold ounces after dealing so much in Crypto...

The Meltdown is coming and it's going to be handy to have some good old fashioned gold tucked away under one's pillow...
I don't have as much shiny as I'd like (who ever does?) but I'm working on it. I might need to work a bit faster though.

China has about one month's worth of silver left, apparently.

pbleak

May 15, 2014

True, I'm not even sure what I could do with it but it I agree it feels nice.

pbleak

May 15, 2014
Pretty sure there is a site that is vetted that will take crypto, fiat and even dark. It's in the list of places in the forum that accept dark.
Amagi is the one I am sure. They don't send to where I am but there is a good dutch site that accepts Bitcoin and ships to where I am. Postage kills me though.

drkrooster

Dec 26, 2014
Malaysia
Aside from Bitcoin, Darkcoin, I have small amounts in
NXT
XEM (NEM) - not launched yet
SJCX (Storj)
Litecoin (going to sell off ALL soon, just a little left)
STR (Stellar) sold off all, except the free one I got for signing up.

what else is worth our attention? there are just too many now to look after :)

Dunedoo

Foundation Member
Feb 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
Dash Address
XyoSz4xviVGfks1pLhaXw2Baqmhfw5k7MG
Mainly BTC, LTC, Doge and now DRK. I have other wallets that I don't focus on to much as well, Taco, Ozzie, Bunny, Peer, 888.
I intend to move the bulk over to DRK and close down the little alt wallets.:cool:

splawik21

Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
In case the value of BTC goes through the roof and you are able to buy a bucket load more DRK:)
this changes nothing, different if the drk price goes down respect the btc/drk OR if the btc goes up to the sky you sell for fiat wait dump of it and rebut more to get more drk.
BTC can cost 2k$ if the pair btc/drk will stay as it is ...the pice of tc itself changes nothing ;)

Dunedoo

Foundation Member
Feb 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
Dash Address
this changes nothing, different if the drk price goes down respect the btc/drk OR if the btc goes up to the sky you sell for fiat wait dump of it and rebut more to get more drk.
BTC can cost 2k$ if the pair btc/drk will stay as it is ...the pice of tc itself changes nothing ;)
I was taught "Never put all your eggs in the one basket" in investing.
Here's a quote straight from the Darkcoin wiki FAQ;
Remember: Never invest money that you cannot afford to lose. Whether it is on Bitcoin, Darkcoin, some other coin, a stock, or any other investment for that matter. Not only can it mess your life, but it can also be dangerous for incurring losses. By investing when you cannot afford to lose you are more prone to panic-sell when the price is going lower than your buying price. When the price goes up again it will be too late.
Trading Darkcoin is also a bad idea if you are not an experienced trader.

As I'm not an experienced trader and I do trade coins for coins whether it be DRK, Doge, LTC or BTC, putting all my eggs in one basket would be exposing myself.
I have faith in people, I have faith in Crypto. I like DRK. DRK appears to be solid but if I woke up in the morning, the market has crashed, governments have made it a criminal act to use or hold DRK, I would be in a pretty bad position. :)

Reactions: Populandum and moli

splawik21

Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
Dunedoo you`re probably right, but who said I cannot afford to loose my investment? I`m ready for that in any case but I hardly believe that drk will collapse. The only reason would be if it would be forbidden and banned by all countries in the world. It`s more possible to be hit by a lightening 2 times in the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dunedoo

Dunedoo

Foundation Member
Feb 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
Dash Address
Dunedoo you`re probably right, but who said I cannot afford to loose my investment? I`m ready for that in any case but I hardly believe that drk will collapse. The only reason would be if it would be forbidden and banned by all countries in the world. There is more possible to get hit by a lightening 2 times in the same time.
LOL, my brother got hit by lightning twice