• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Version 12.2 release

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, sorry a bit of a newbie, if you give me the full commands that would be helpful. is it dash-cli reindex

okay, sorry a bit of a newbie, if you give me the full commands that would be helpful. is it dash-cli reindex
i think its :

./dash-cli stop
rm ~/.dashcore/peers.dat
./dashd -reindex
./dash-cli getinfo

verify with explorer.dash.org

** This is only for those that are already on a fork and where "reconsiderblock 00000000000000219eb0ff02c8ac196eeaceee1ce7453d228a1af77e129b607f" does not get you back on track. **

Last edited:
I guess payment enforcement is off currently ? (0 means off i assume, when you use command "spork show" and see a 0 behind the payment enforcement spork??)
Because Dashninja shows this :

fDRWvld.jpg

http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Dash_Info.html still shows payment enforcement "on" by the way.

0 means on, as far as I know. The command “spork active” gives a true/false output IIRC.

0 means on, as far as I know. The command “spork active” gives a true/false output IIRC.
strange that miner XxKuNB5rQvMQFnTwak84c7AaBtkUmoHzEH can get away with not paying masternode fees, normally the block is thrown out then i think ?

Last edited:
We shouldn't wait for a payment anymore?
Since there is no protocol update this time (which would require a start command=pushing back at the end of the queue), I decided to update the MN without waiting for the payment. Starting the MN after the update, I'm on the same place on queue as before. So, in my case updating went really smoothly.

I've also checked I'm on the right chain :)

I can also confirm that CPU usage dropped significantly, compared to 0.12.2.

Don't remember exactly and don't have access right now, but it's ESXi with something like i7 4770.
For Dash VM - 1 core and 1Gb RAM.
Ok, but its more powerful than my 1 x 2.4 Ghz core and 1 Gb ram nodes.

My all nodes uses all the memory + some swap and 80% cpu at this moment,
wondering should i upgrade my nodes or wait if devs can tweak dashd more...

To @UdjinM6

So when i do getchaintips i see quite a few valid-forks (8x i think ?), will those forks disappear over time or can they become a threath
to the active chain ? And who is causing those forks ? are they miners ? or masternodes ? wallet users ?

I remember from the past with Evan we also had a lot of little forks popping up during an update, eventually (if i remembered correctly) we were all asked
to update immediately with an update that had some form of a block reference in it to guide us all to the correct chain. That does not seem necessary yet,
has something changed in our spork tech that got us a little more control over mini forks like these ? Or is this situation simply less severe then back then ?

Last edited:
Dashninja is in the wrong fork i think or its stuck: 38 minutes ago 769439
Wallet and explorer shows: 769456

I did not do anything, had 12.2.1 and status ENABLED, bud now suddenly i have status NEW_START_REQUIRED.
I did not change anything.

I did not do anything, had 12.2.1 and status ENABLED, bud now suddenly i have status NEW_START_REQUIRED.
I did not change anything.
That can sometimes be a bug, check elsewhere before issuing a new start or you may lose position in queue.

I would advice you to upgrade to at least a dual core server, I know it cost a bit more, but it's allot cheaper than missing a payment. At any-rate running 100% CPU power especially on a single core CPU, will most-likely result in your system failing one way or the other. In fact CPU usage around 70%, is much better upper limit to have. I only speak out of my experience as professional and overclocking as a hobby, both from what I have seen and heard. Take it or leave it either way you don't even have to spend 1% of your total profits of running a MN on a dual core or better.

Memory should never be full either, because once it's full you'll have to go the SSD for extra memory, rough estimate would be that is 10x slower.

But any rate I gladly take your spot in line to receive the next masternode payment first (joke)

Last edited:
I would advice you to upgrade to at least a dual core server, I know it cost a bit more, but it's allot cheaper than missing a payment. At any-rate running 100% CPU power especially on a single core CPU, will most-likely result in your system failing one way or the other. In fact CPU usage around 70%, is much better upper limit to have. I only speak out of my experience as professional and overclocking as a hobby, both from what I have seen and heard. Take it or leave it either way you don't even have to spend 1% of your total profits of running a MN on a dual core or better.

Memory should never be full either, because once it's full you'll have to go the SSD for extra memory, rough estimate would be that is 10x slower.

But any rate I gladly take your spot in line to receive the next masternode payment first (joke)
Yes, i also have 25 years experience in the computer field + building and overclocking.
I agree what you said, but so far my nodes do not have any problems and i hope @UdjinM6 and
the team will tweak software little more efficient if possible, if not then i can upgrade my nodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back