• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Version 12.2 release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated MN on server to 12.2 and also on local PC and tried to start MN
"alias": "MN",

"result": "failed",

"errorMessage": "Could not allocate outpoint

$ ./dash-cli masternode status
{
"status": "Not capable masternode: Invalid protocol version"

Last edited by a moderator:
How long old version will be acceptable by network.??.. some people still waiting for MN payment..

{
Do you still have the issue after wallet finished syncing? If so, can you send me debug.log pls?

How long old version will be acceptable by network.??.. some people still waiting for MN payment..
Our goal is to execute migration as smooth as possible, so yes, of course we are going to wait at least a week before disabling payments for old masternodes. And we need to see enough support from masternodes and miners before doing so anyway - usually it's smth like 80-90% of MNs/hashrate.

I encountered an issue, but I don't know whether it's due to the Dash Core client, masternode tools, or something else. I'm seeing a lot of misbehaving peers in my debug logs. 12 peers have 24 hour bans so far.

Is this actually true?

New protocol version, so yes.. thats true.

Also dont forget to do a sentinel update (git pull) or you get in the "Watchdog Expired" state again
(happened to me today)

Last edited:
Is there a plan of action with regards to informing mining pools and exchanges that there is a mandatory update out for Dash
that they need to implement ? I'm curious if core-team has contactpersons within mining pools and exchanges that they can reach in a situation like this...

Last edited:

{

Having masternode.conf is NOT enough to start a masternode, you need to have the actual private key which controls your funds in the Dash Core wallet you are trying to start a masternode from to do so. Thanks to UdjinM6 for this Information.

After update to v.0.12.2.0 i have a problem
ac9ad4b497.png

Fuuuuu!. NEW_START_REQUIRED needed. Start MISSING don't work.
Why dmn03 still protocol 70206 instead 70208. Its Ok?

Code:
dash-cli masternode status

After update to v.0.12.2.0 i have a problem
ac9ad4b497.png

Fuuuuu!. NEW_START_REQUIRED needed. Start MISSING don't work.
Why dmn03 still protocol 70206 instead 70208. Its Ok?

Code:
dash-cli masternode status

Dmn03 still on protocol 70206 is okay, i think Elbereth use one daemon node for backward compatability.

Now that you switched to v.0.12.2, the restart from cold wallet (START ALIAS) is indeed mandatory or your masternode will not get activated.
Also you need to update sentinel with a git pull.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back