• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Ok, so I've dialed back to v11.23 but I won't be able to do anything else today, I'm going out. I hope we don't switch back to v12 until tomorrow, to give the network time to settle into the old ways anyway?

eduffield I haven't been able to sync since yesterday on my two linux server nodes. Yesterday, I was trying the latest build, today, I was trying the 11.23 build. Same problem. I get this in debug log:
2015-08-01 19:32:53 Failed to create backup boost::filesystem::copy_file: File exists: "/home/ingie/.dash/testnet3/wallet.dat", "/home/ingie/.dash/testnet3/backups/wallet.dat.2015-08-01-19.32"

DOWNGRADE TEST - 0.11.2.23

I'm happy to announce that v12 looks like it's finished and is very stable! The final test we will need to do is to downgrade the network to 0.11.2.23, then re-upgrade to 12.0.35. The final version will activate a hard fork and the budget system within a day of being launched. Then after a few days (probably about Wednesday), we'll launch v12 officially on mainnet!
eduffield - I feel the budget system hasn't got tested thoroughly yet, or very close to being tested thoroughly. After the hard fork on Testnet, could we test it one more time to make sure please before releasing to Mainnet? Thank you.

eduffield - I feel the budget system hasn't got tested thoroughly yet, or very close to being tested thoroughly. After the hard fork on Testnet, could we test it one more time to make sure please before releasing to Mainnet? Thank you.

Might I also suggest starting the first budget cycle a month or so after the rollout. It's a big release, so inevitably some problems will crop up when the whole network updates, and many people will be busy troubleshooting for a while. They won't have much time to wrap their heads around the bugdget system & proposals on top of that

DOWNGRADE TEST - 0.11.2.23
I'm happy to announce that v12 looks like it's finished and is very stable! The final test we will need to do is to downgrade the network to 0.11.2.23, then re-upgrade to 12.0.35. The final version will activate a hard fork and the budget system within a day of being launched. Then after a few days (probably about Wednesday), we'll launch v12 officially on mainnet!

Downgraded all nodes to v11 (master-branch) ~70 ea, waiting for further instructions ~

Last edited by a moderator:
eduffield I haven't been able to sync since yesterday on my two linux server nodes. Yesterday, I was trying the latest build, today, I was trying the 11.23 build. Same problem. I get this in debug log:
2015-08-01 19:32:53 Failed to create backup boost::filesystem::copy_file: File exists: "/home/ingie/.dash/testnet3/wallet.dat", "/home/ingie/.dash/testnet3/backups/wallet.dat.2015-08-01-19.32"

Sounds like you're out of space. Try "df -h"

I've tested the budget system thoroughly (for months now and rewrote it twice!), however I was going to continue doing testing on Sunday - Tuesday to look for edge cases / exploits. Feel free to join me, if we find anything substantial we can push it back. We're in no hurry

I've tested the budget system thoroughly (for months now and rewrote it twice!), however I was going to continue doing testing on Sunday - Tuesday to look for edge cases / exploits. Feel free to join me, if we find anything substantial we can push it back. We're in no hurry
Ok, sure will! Thanks! :smile:

Also, I would like to ask everyone else who can help, please participate! Thank you!

Might I also suggest starting the first budget cycle a month or so after the rollout. It's a big release, so inevitably some problems will crop up when the whole network updates, and many people will be busy troubleshooting for a while. They won't have much time to wrap their heads around the bugdget system & proposals on top of that

Rollout is planned to be staggered:

8/5 - Turn off enforcement / network upgrade
8/7-12 - Turn on enforcement
8/24 - Hard fork to allow for super blocks
9/6 - The very first budget block will be 332320, so that's quite a ways off (about 36 days from today)

YEAH !!!!

I can upgrade all day Thursday on the Pi :-D
That works out GREAT for me :-D

\o/

So... what will happen on Mainnet if masternodes don't update to v12 this time?

I started two of my MN wallets a while ago, running v0.12.0.34-44c9941 (scratchy already downgraded his server to v.11.2.23), and I'm watching "Number of Masternodes" on the info screen... It went from: "Total 52 (DS compatible: 6 / Enabled: 52)" to "Total 23 (DS compatible: 3 / Enabled: 8)" right now. And both wallets are still getting paid...

I guess my wallets will be forked off the net soon?

EDIT: I'm also trying to start another wallet (with same v12) but the orange screen hangs at "Loading wallet..."

EDIT: But actually with bitcoin 10, we can't downgrade on Mainnet, right?

EDIT: Ok, downgrading to v.11.2.23.. lol

UdjinM6 - What does "txindex=1" mean? What does it do? Thank you. :)
dashd --help :rolleyes:
Code:
Maintain a full transaction index, used by the getrawtransaction rpc call
So basically it collects data about all txes and stores additional tx index next to block index (which is stored always)

dashd --help :rolleyes:
Code:
Maintain a full transaction index, used by the getrawtransaction rpc call
So basically it collects data about all txes and stores additional tx index next to block index (which is stored always)
So.. what does it do for v.11? We add this in the dash.conf file to make sure it retrieves all txes in the blockchain before v12 and to be able to withdraw coins from the faucets if the faucets have been running since v11? Sorry about my n00b questions and i hope you're not too sleepy.. lol

So.. what does it do for v.11? We add this in the dash.conf file to make sure it retrieves all txes in the blockchain before v12 and to be able to withdraw coins from the faucets if the faucets have been running since v11? Sorry about my n00b questions and i hope you're not too sleepy.. lol
That's ok, no n00b questions here :smile:
Looks like it should help us to avoid some issues in v12 and could also help a lot in general
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/com...3d876185f34f107d534826#commitcomment-12204984

I am using the latest version with an encrypted wallet.
First tried importing a private key, It did not. Then tried to dump the private key, that didn't work either. Where did I go wrong?

21:50:42

importprivkey XFSu5xoe7AYgFrdtUQ2fWUa8WLtBWdVPqeBTH1hWEZtetXdwuZ6Q

21:50:42

Error: Please enter the wallet passphrase with walletpassphrase first. (code -13)

21:51:07

walletpassphrase [xxx]

1:51:07

Error: Error parsing JSON:Eternal

21:58:48

dumprivkey Xvjjvf8NSR1TKugqz7J35gJF2Vtzc2mZLS

21:58:48

Method not found (code -32601)

First tried importing a private key, It did not. Then tried to dump the private key, that didn't work either. Where did I go wrong?
OMG you shouldn't show your privkey on a forum like that ... but is it really a privkey?

walletpassphrase somepasshere 999
where 999 is how many seconds to keep wallet unlocked waiting for next command
dumpprivkey

EDIT: btw, are you using v12 or v11?

Back