V12 Testing Thread

fulltimegeek

Foundation Member
Sep 17, 2014
Penfield, NY
thelazier, UdjinM6 and crowning, you guys are awesome and thank you for the quick reply and assistance with this.

After stripping the binaries they all work now. Not sure why I need to strip them, but I'll make sure I do that for now on.

Reactions: Sub-Ether

bertlebbert

Jul 17, 2014
Using move command, result is instant, no tx fees to figure out - didn't actually have to wait 4 minutes before 2nd listaccounts.

Image 003.png

And it it doesn't jeopardize status of your running MNs:

Image 005.png

Last edited by a moderator:

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
I just thought that MN earnings all in default address facilitates simpler withdrawing (or sharing) of those earnings - kind of works around not having donation feature... I made no never mind about the blockchain.
Ahh, I see.. nope, this way funds are still on the same address for everyone else, it's just your local wallet internal db where you moved it.

bertlebbert

Jul 17, 2014
Ahh, I see.. nope, this way funds are still on the same address for everyone else, it's just your local wallet internal db where you moved it.
Right. And now when I withdraw them, it will be from the default address, rather than from each of the other addresses.

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
Right. And now when I withdraw them, it will be from the default address, rather than from each of the other addresses.
I would recommend to forget about accounts and do not mess with them at all. It's a depreciated functionality actually and you should never rely on it.

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
On the coin control, if you click on "Select All" it will check mark your earnings and leave your MN inputs alone because the MN inputs are locked, then you can send the total from the Send screen to somewhere else. This is easier for users to do and not going to mess up their MNs.. :)

upload_2015-8-22_7-39-45.png

bertlebbert

Jul 17, 2014
I would recommend to forget about accounts and do not mess with them at all. It's a depreciated functionality actually and you should never rely on it.
OK,thanks for that. I was under the impression some people used the donation feature to have one address accumulate earnings - I thought this might help do the same. But if it's not safe to use, I will forget about it. (To bad, because it seemed to work quite well)

Edit: I should have said help do similar rather than same.

bertlebbert

Jul 17, 2014
On the coin control, if you click on "Select All" it will check mark your earnings and leave your MN inputs alone because the MN inputs are locked, then you can send the total from the Send screen to somewhere else. This is easier for users to do and not going to mess up their MNs.. :)

View attachment 1806
Cool, That's first I am aware of After fee: amount... thank you!

Reactions: moli

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
OK,thanks for that. I was under the impression some people used the donation feature to have one address accumulate earnings - I thought this might help do the same. But if it's not safe to use, I will forget about it. (To bad, because it seemed to work quite well)
It's safe in terms of keeping funds safe, it's not safe if you build some logic on top of it (cryptocurency exchange for example). And no, it does not work the same way as donation feature and do not accumulate funds on one address because funds do not move on blockchain by moving them between accounts inside your wallet.

Reactions: moli

bertlebbert

Jul 17, 2014
It's safe in terms of keeping funds safe, it's not safe if you build some logic on top of it (cryptocurency exchange for example). And no, it does not work the same way as donation feature and do not accumulate funds on one address because funds do not move on blockchain by moving them between accounts inside your wallet.
I understand.

Reactions: UdjinM6

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
Sorry if it sounded too rude or smth, I felt like you thought that it actually worked so I just wanted to point it out in bold to make it clear. No offense :)
You won't offend bertlebbert, he's a nice, easy-going fellow....
He might come back with some other quirky, interesting .bat script and want you to try out again though .... LOL... :D

Reactions: Sub-Ether

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
I've been having 5 wallets mixing DS on Testnet. Darksend seems really fast, much better in this version. One wallet got 80% done for target 1200dash/8 rounds within 12.5 hours, that's much faster than before. But it seems DS still has some difficulty to reach the finish line, like in the wallet on the left with 99% completion, I think it's going to get to 100% but very slowly....

upload_2015-8-22_8-38-26.png

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
Can funds move in the blockchain if you have a shared private key with another wallet ?
Looks like I get confirmations when I do this.

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
Can funds move in the blockchain if you have a shared private key with another wallet ?
Looks like I get confirmations when I do this.
Sure. You wallet do not have any funds in it. All it has is keys to move funds in blockchain (so to say). So when you share key with another wallet it doesn't matter which wallet will use this key to move funds.

PS. But if we are talking about accounts inside wallet and not priv/pub keys - "move" command do not use private keys, it just change info inside this particular wallet.

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
Just thinking Dash wallet is really awesome... My testnet wallet is getting paid from a masternode and mining while Darksend is mixing the coins... There's no other coin that can do this... I wish we could mine like this on mainnet though. :)

upload_2015-8-23_22-24-0.png

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
Hello UdjinM6 :)

How do we shut down a masternode without removing it to another address or removing the info from masternode.conf?
"masternode stop" doesn't work.

Thank you!

EDIT: I guess i can just comment out the lines on masternode.conf with #'s.

Reactions: UdjinM6

coingun

Masternode Owner/Operator
Jul 8, 2014
masternode.io
Is anyone still on testnet right now? I'm having issues getting a 12.0.53 wallet syncronized. I have even started fresh from UdjinM6's bootstrap to no avail. I am not seeing any peers giving blocks out passed the latest bootstrap. Seems to be a few different forks going on. Last processed block is 105337.

Is there an addnode that has the current tip?

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
Is anyone still on testnet right now? I'm having issues getting a 12.0.53 wallet syncronized. I have even started fresh from UdjinM6's bootstrap to no avail. I am not seeing any peers giving blocks out passed the latest bootstrap. Seems to be a few different forks going on. Last processed block is 105337.

No blocks were found for ~1 day so it stuck a bit. I'm running internal wallet miner, should be moving now.

EDIT: hmm.. or maybe not. chaintips were different, reindexing...

Reactions: thelazier

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014

I had my laptop mining on testnet all night the night before last to test a few things, but couldn't get enough hash, had to stop before the laptop got burnt.

coingun

Jul 8, 2014
masternode.io
No blocks were found for ~1 day so it stuck a bit. I'm running internal wallet miner, should be moving now.

EDIT: hmm.. or maybe not. chaintips were different, reindexing...
Please let me know if you get it moving again I will be leaving a single threaded cpu mining on the wallet to make sure that testnet stays coherent.

coingun

Jul 8, 2014
masternode.io
Could we get enforcement turned on on testnet? To get rid of some of these v11 nodes that are proping up some of the sporks?

coingun

Jul 8, 2014
masternode.io
I think we have testnet moving again! anyone able to test sync up and get the longest chain? should be around Block 106033 or more.

coingun

Jul 8, 2014
masternode.io
But we're not testing. Why would you waste your electricity and wear out your equipment for nothing? :D
So that when we start testing things are still working. I dedicate infrastructure to testnet that is always running. I see a lot of value in always having a working testnet and dedicate time and resources to helping keep it that way.