Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

V12 Testing Thread

Discussion in 'Testing' started by eduffield, Jun 16, 2015.

1. elbereth

elbereth Active Member
    Dash Support Group

Dash Address:
    XkfkHqMnhvQovo7kXQjvnNiFnQhRNZYCsz
    • Like Like x 7
  2. jpr

jpr Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. thelazier

thelazier Active Member

Dash Address:
    Xreiza1qGJMT5BpW6BDtRJqwtcBSxGwWYN
    I'm running a simple script to start mining on testnet only when the block is not found in 250 seconds. So, the testnet blockchain will keep moving slowly constantly and not wear out the cpu time much.

• Like Like x 4
  4. italx

italx Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Is there any benefit to adding more masternodes to testnet right now? Or mining? Or should I just wait until Even asks for 12.1 testing? I have a couple of spare servers at the moment.

5. yidakee

yidakee Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

No testing needed at this moment, but testnet is always great for self-testing with test_coins, and trying to break things. So feel free to do that !

Breaking things is fun and really helpful ;)

6. ilia_2s

ilia_2s Active Member

I want to offer an update of a LevelDB sources that included to dash wallet, because it's not a latest version and contains some issues. But I don't know how to tell about this to developers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. crowning

crowning Well-known Member

Right now the best place is here: https://github.com/dashpay/dash/issues , all devs read there and get notifications for new issues.

8. stan.distortion

stan.distortion Active Member

Sorry if this is a daft question but can testnet and live clients be run side by side on the same system?

9. moli

moli Grizzled Member

You mean testnet and mainnet clients? if so, yes.

10. stan.distortion

stan.distortion Active Member

Cheers, that was a lot easier than expected. Debug log grows fast, any idea how much a day? Not risking running it on my VPS just yet, will get familiar with it on the desktop for a while but my home ISP blocks port 9999 and quite likely 19999 too (still downloading at the mo), is it any use to the network running one full time here in that case? And is there an email subscription etc. for notifications to update etc.? Sorry for all the questions :)

11. AjM

AjM Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Damn, its so quiet here, before storm...

12. splawik21

splawik21 Grizzled Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Dash Support Group Moderator

meaby v13 soon? :D
    Any word from eduffield ?

13. Sub-Ether

Sub-Ether Well-known Member

Its half time :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  14. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Grizzled Member
    Foundation Member

Superblock issue:

As I understand it, when there is a superblock, masternodes and miners do not get paid. This wasn't a priority issue because of the infrequency of the superblock payments. However, since each budget creates it's own superblock, and budgets are increasing in number, this is starting to have an impact on the general income of MN owners and miners. When this subject came up last, we had 3 superblocks that month and it was considered "bad luck" if you landed on one. Today we have 10 projects we're funding. This is going to continue to grow and grow.

So I see 2 solutions for this. Either we fix the issue so that blocks are paid during superblocks, or we force every proposal to get paid at the same time in one superblock.

So here is the question. Can this be fixed, and tested here, before v13 comes out? Maybe we can call it v13, and get rid of the "bad luck" feeling, LOL.

The real question is, can we work on this without Evan? Or are all the core developers drowning in Evolution? Thanks for reading :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. thelazier

thelazier Active Member

Dash Address:
    Xreiza1qGJMT5BpW6BDtRJqwtcBSxGwWYN
    I understand that there is no MN landed on superblock so there is no bad luck MN, The payment just be delayed for superblock creation. Delaying 3 blocks is about less than 10 minutes per month, if 10 blocks , it's about 25 minutes or more..
    Please show me which MN has bad luck for last 3 superblocks if possible.

• Like Like x 3
  16. TanteStefana

Foundation Member

It seems the one guy, Xccqh1yAg2HBNrn9ENdPu9RiREiH65ggCk who didn't get his payment, now in 7 days, hit some kind of hiccup or bug. Dashninja thought he won a payment, but he didn't get it. Anyway, I think he's not going to get it. Yes, Evan spoke up and said what you said ^^^ that the payments are only delayed. Sorry, I should have cleaned up my comment.

17. MangledBlue

MangledBlue Well-known Member

Just got paid today after 6 days....just sayin'

18. TanteStefana

Foundation Member

Yah, there are a lot more MNs now, and so it takes longer. The guy was somehow not paid and sent to the bottom of the pile. But I doubt it'll happen to him again, so when this happens to us, we just have to weather it :) It's probably a quirk of lag.

Just found this on BCT from Evan:

"As moo points out, there is a possibility to fall out of the queue and not receive payment within a cycle. This only can happen when your node receives two votes for a given block and another node received more at the same time. This is extremely rare, as it would require a concensus disagreement among the masternode network; those are more common shortly after upgrading to a new version, then they quickly are solved and do not occur again but for very uncommon situations.

This is also not a bug, but will go away with evolution as well as the probability based design. I found another design that is much more memory efficient and isn't based off of probabilities, but instead will establish a set list of payees. I believe that's a lot better for the long term solution for us, so we'll move to that."

And now that he said that, I remember, THAT was indeed the condition when this happens. I don't have a good memory :(

19. Miner237

Miner237 Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Not sure if this is the same thing I had happen, but when I opened my remote wallet with masternode=1 it seemed to send my MN to the end of the line...

20. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

I've seen many delays out to 8 days. Nothing so long as to suggest I was completely skipped and simply rolled over tot he next one, but pretty damn close.

It seems the devs are simply letting defects slide since Evolution makes it all obsolete. Pushing that out is seen as the proactive solution, as opposed to picking the nits out of an already deprecated release still in use. As the distance stretches out, the wisdom of this approach becomes less salient, even though I'd generally agree with it.

21. TanteStefana

Foundation Member

Yes, I agree. My son hasn't had a payment either in over 8 days. He probably got bumped off (getting 2 votes and someone else getting more and the reward, then both being sent to the back of the line) It's going to happen once in a while. I just couldn't remember why that was happening, LOL. My brain is like a sieve sometimes!

22. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

Is 0.13 on testnet? My project could be greatly accelerated by access to testnet and some tDASH.

23. TanteStefana

Foundation Member

#3113 TanteStefana, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2015
  24. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

I suggested the easiest solution when the whole budget idea was originally being tabled. Oh well...

None of this Superblock nonsense. Just pay out of each block as it is mined. If there is no budget in need of funding at that time, then it stays in the block reward. Fuckin' easy.

25. TanteStefana

Foundation Member

Well, I'm not so nervous anymore as we're filling up the block rewards now and some people want to increase the budget amount (but personally, I think 10% is good due to the number of coins already tied up, and I'm sure they will increase in value this year enough to pay for things we'll need. I might be wrong, but ... good to hear some people actually want to give the budget more Dash.

I think the only flaw your suggestion would have is that it would increase the block size a lot more??

26. demo

demo Well-known Member

Dash Address:
    XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX

What this message actually means?
    Can someone help?

27. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

Soooo, when do we start testing 12.2? And what features will be in it to test?

28. AjM

AjM Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

@UdjinM6 when will 12.2 testing begin and how about translations?

• Like Like x 2
  29. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

...and what will be expected of MNs/MNOs?

30. maky

maky Member

Two problems:

GUI: extremaly small fonts on 3200x1800 14' screen
    I got Lenovo Yoga with 3200x1800 resolution. Fonts in DASH Core are slightly above 1mm tall. To small for me. How about possibility to resize in options or checking resolution by program and corect font size?

GUI: masternodes tab - columns resize problem
    Each time when I start DASH Core I must resize 'Alias', 'Address', 'Protocol', 'Status', 'Active', 'Last seen'. They are too narrow. After I close app all my resize 'job' is lost.
    How about memorize last settings or automatic resize columns to the widest content?

• Agree Agree x 1