• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Are MNs currently being paid "Mined" fees?
I've had 8 MNs running from scratchy's cloud all day, all showing as "ENABLED' in "masternodelist full" results, but none are being paid...

Edit: Running 1 MN from hot wallet as well, also showing as ENABLED, but not being paid...

It takes 5 days - when was the last time you got paid?
Is there a start-many 'donation' address setup?

Well, my 2 linux MNs are not connecting to anyone. It has everyone tagged as misbehaving. I started them before deleting everything in the dash folder. Then, realized I wasn't syncing, so I deleted everything except my conf file and wallet.dat. That's when I was stuck at 0 blocks, and saw a lot of misbehaving notes in the debug file along with a lot of these:
2015-08-01 10:20:11 ERROR: ContextualCheckBlockHeader : forked chain older than last checkpoint (height 1)
2015-08-01 10:20:11 ERROR: ProcessNewBlock : AcceptBlock FAILED

So I guess I'll wait until morning to try again :)

IX isn't a flat fee, that means your transactions started costing more than the min fee.
I know the IX fee is 0.01 DASH but some of my transactions from that screen have more than 0.01. The tx amounts ranged from -1.01000000 to -1.01598290, and even to -1.02226495. (I couldn't get the long list fit in that screen so it didn't show there, but it was the first time I've ever seen an IX fee at 0.02226495, kinda puzzling):

upload_2015-8-1_8-50-11.png

Now I just did the "sendtoaddressix" test again and all of my transactions have only 0.01 fees like Sub-Ether 's screen:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-testing-thread.5484/page-101#post-61411

DOWNGRADE TEST - 0.11.2.23

I'm happy to announce that v12 looks like it's finished and is very stable! The final test we will need to do is to downgrade the network to 0.11.2.23, then re-upgrade to 12.0.35. The final version will activate a hard fork and the budget system within a day of being launched. Then after a few days (probably about Wednesday), we'll launch v12 officially on mainnet!

Instructions:

1. Please download the official client from dashpay.io
2. Go into dash.conf and add "txindex=1" (our database has this on by default now)
3. Start the client with --reindex
4. Start masternodes anything else you had running

The reindex will send us back to the last valid block before v12 became active last time, so we might need to recreate masternodes. However, when we upgrade from 11.2.23 to 12.0 they should still function correctly.

Thanks so much for helping with testing and the hard work you've put in! You've all made this release a great success already.

-Evan

----

Edit: These messages are OK

EXCEPTION: St12out_of_range

CInv::GetCommand() : type=15 unknown type

dash in ProcessMessages()

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, after a couple of wallet crashes and sticky at 4 weeks around block = 75799, all now synced and masternode enabled :cool:

Edit: O thats strange,have gone from fully synced back to 4 weeks behind ...

DOWNGRADE TEST - 0.11.2.23

whats the current block ? and is there a block explorer up to date ?
also my 6 wallets all ended up on different block heights after -reindex so there could be some forks.

edit : after a second -reindex they all synced to same block (which is the correct one i suppose), currently block 77410

Great! I'm happy that we are close to release! Happy to help.

Wow, after syncing with V12, it feels like V11 is taking a lifetime, but it's still faster than BTC!

Great! I'm happy that we are close to release! Happy to help.

Wow, after syncing with V12, it feels like V11 is taking a lifetime, but it's still faster than BTC!
Yer I was thinking same thing, but because testnet transactions are small and not many nodes, we won't know the extent of your namesake until mainnet :wink:

So we need to remove 12
go back to 11
and then install 12 to see if it takes as it should?? in any upgrade?

bit confused here....

So we need to remove 12
go back to 11
bit confused here....

i will just stay on 11.23 untill i hear the network downgrade has succeeded and its okay to upgrade to final version 0.12.0.35 (which isnt out yet anyways..)

So we need to remove 12
go back to 11

bit confused here....

Very clear. Downgrade. Wait for 12.0.35, update and test a hard fork. Then roll out on mainnet.

Haha, going back to v0.11.2.23 with a few wallets makes you appreciate the "Wallet title" feature crowning gave us a little while back.

Edit: and the Wallet repair options!

Back