V12 Testing Thread

AjM

Foundation Member
Jun 23, 2014
Finland
No, I disagree. It's not an upload or download. Just because it's digital money it doesn't mean like that. It's money coming into my wallet, I want to see if there's a sign there, that sign had better tell me my money is increased.
Personally i like more standard up and down arrow, incoming would be dark green point down and outgoing dark red point up.
Edit: switch up and down.

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
Personally i like more standard up and down arrow, incoming would be dark green point up and outgoing dark red point down.
yes i was thinking the green color is more true to the color of money, so to speak, but i'm not going to make this a big deal for the devs.

qwizzie

Aug 6, 2014
i gotta say that Dash running under Windows 10 is a big improvement with regards to the transaction notifications, under Windows 10 these system notification (including Dash's transaction notifications) are all bundled in a notification bar thats hidden behind a button and can be activated upon pressing that button. If you hide the notification bar you will not be bothered with all these transaction notifications during Darksend mixing and can also delete them very easily from within that notification bar. It also makes those transactions go instantly instead of freezing them up for a few seconds as they sometimes do under Windows 7 / Windows 8.1
Its all much more efficient.

raze

King of the Morlocks
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Mar 9, 2014
Dash Address
Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
Personally i like more standard up and down arrow, incoming would be dark green point down and outgoing dark red point up.
Edit: switch up and down.
IMO, I'd just ditch the arrows for simple + and - icons. Less ambiguous.

fible1

Dash Core Team
May 11, 2014
Ok let's take a break and check out Evan's new video on IX:

Question: Isn't the TX confirmed only when the "green clock" icon becomes a "check mark" icon? Evan shows a bunch of "green clocks" but I don't see any "check marks".

Hope that makes sense.

Pablo.

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
Question: Isn't the TX confirmed only when the "green clock" icon becomes a "check mark" icon? Evan shows a bunch of "green clocks" but I don't see any "check marks".

Hope that makes sense.

Pablo.
They all get ticked off correctly, try paste a block of commands in DOS something like,

dash-cli sendtoaddressix yEXdUTyTj1hYabR9ZLQMAsTgAsJxskcUTA 1

eduffield

Core Developer
Mar 9, 2014

Hope that makes sense.

Pablo.
The green clock means the inputs got locked up and are safe from double spending, the check mark means the transaction was included into a block. So there simply was no block event on the network while I was testing.

Reactions: moli

qwizzie

Aug 6, 2014

Hope that makes sense.

Pablo.
the checkmarks appeared after he put in a sleep command to wait a few miliseconds between each command .. but IX goes so fast its hard to see that.

So it starts with checkmark, get 5 IX confirmations (pretty much immediately) and will then wait for 6th pow confirmation to conclude the transaction.

fible1

Dash Core Team
May 11, 2014
Kewl, so "green clock" is 100% safe?

Pablo.

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
One more time, but this time I am going to speed up the mining to help validation so be warned (sorry Udjin) ...

Lukas_Jackson

Nov 9, 2014
Those itx doesn't hit the blockchain in the first seconds. They are locked by MNs. What is the limit of tx a single MN can lock in the same time? Is there any cap?
Someone please clear that for me.

eduffield

Core Developer
Mar 9, 2014
Those itx doesn't hit the blockchain in the first seconds. They are locked by MNs. What is the limit of tx a single MN can lock in the same time? Is there any cap?
Someone please clear that for me.
It's currently 60 minutes, then it clears the lock. I want to change the way that works in 12.1 though, so it will keep the lock until 6 confirmations. We could have a pretty big backlog and the transactions would still be safe if they were IX confirmed with that in place. That's probably the weakest like of the system at this point.

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
It's currently 60 minutes, then it clears the lock. I want to change the way that works in 12.1 though, so it will keep the lock until 6 confirmations. We could have a pretty big backlog and the transactions would still be safe if they were IX confirmed with that in place. That's probably the weakest like of the system at this point.
But how many InstantX transactions can one single MN lock in at the same time?

Reactions: Lukas_Jackson

eduffield

Core Developer
Mar 9, 2014
But how many InstantX transactions can one single MN lock in at the same time?
Single masternodes can't lock any transactions. First they have to be assigned to a quorum the task of reviewing a transaction, as part of that quorum they can lock 1 transaction. So for example, if there's 3000 masternodes and 3000 transactions , that means each masternode on average would take part in 300 quorums (they're quorums of 10 nodes each).

Reactions: bluebit and moli

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
Single masternodes can't lock any transactions. First they have to be assigned to a quorum the task of reviewing a transaction, as part of that quorum they can lock 1 transaction. So for example, if there's 3000 masternodes and 3000 transactions , that means each masternode on average would take part in 300 quorums (they're quorums of 10 nodes each).
Thanks, Evan, this is a valuable info to know.

Lukas_Jackson

Nov 9, 2014
So how many tx a quorum(10 MNs) can take? Is it a matter of bandwidth or...please axplain??
If 30000 or more itx hit MN network, what then? Can a MN on average be a part of 3000 quorums or more?

Last edited by a moderator:

eduffield

Core Developer
Mar 9, 2014
So how many tx a quorum(10 MNs) can take? Is it a matter of bandwidth or...please axplain??
If 30000 or more itx hit MN network, what then? Can a MN on average be a part of 3000 quorums or more?
Sure, the only limit to the system is the amount of memory we have available. But then again, we have a 2-tier network... so we can just require beefy masternodes.