Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
No Mac Wallet Yet !
buhhhh ....>
:sad: :cool: :sad:

Reactions: Light

Lukas_Jackson

Nov 9, 2014
What if I have spent all 0.1 1.0 10 denoms and only 100 left and I darksend 1 drk? Do I lose 99 drk change? Because change goes to miners.
I don't want to be that generous. Am I missing something?
Anybody is willing to answer? Only 100's denoms left in a wallet. What if I darksend few drk?

thelonecrouton

Foundation Member
Apr 15, 2014
I've had 3 MNs just stop (daemon on server just quit, nothing odd in debug.log, no obvious signs in logs of RAM/CPU overuse) since updating to v11. They have all had to be restarted from the local wallet.

thelonecrouton

Foundation Member
Apr 15, 2014
Local wallet got stuck after 7/8 rounds with two conflicting '!' txes, restarted with -zapwallettxes and now being hit with a string of charges and no DS progress:

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
Local wallet got stuck after 7/8 rounds with two conflicting '!' txes, restarted with -zapwallettxes and now being hit with a string of charges and no DS progress:
On Win 7, I had 1 conflict tx stuck at 39%(for 16 hrs).Had saved a wallet from the start of version 11.0.6 before mixing and did the standard copy and paste thing, re ran same version and everything tickety boo now.

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
I've had 3 MNs just stop (daemon on server just quit, nothing odd in debug.log, no obvious signs in logs of RAM/CPU overuse) since updating to v11. They have all had to be restarted from the local wallet.
I had the same problem on everything up to 0.11.0.4 - I skipped 0.11.0.5 - Have had this happen only one time since 0.11.0.6 and by pure coincidence, I was looking right at it when it happened. No output of any kind. I roll the command to execute like this in the same terminal so that any STDOUT or STDERR will hit the same screen session: ~/.darkcoin/darkcoind & tail -f ~/.darkcoin/debug.log - but nuthin'. No SEGFAULT, no stacktrace, just poof. The good news is that it is improved in it's occurrence by orders of magnitude in 0.11.0.6 - now over 40 nodes and it only happened once in 24 hours.

Evan suggested gdb to get some infos - this seems to stabilize them for some reason, and when using gdb, they won't freakin' crash anymore... I guess gdb is a workaround, lols. Doesn't get the info I'm looking for, but solves the crashing problem... [rolls eyes] It's like the problem knows I'm looking for it...

Can't offer anything on the DS issues... For the first time in months, I saw a successful denom. Not only that, but it denomed the whole stack in short order with no issues...

xvpz-se

Jan 3, 2015
Sweden
Hi, first post here (but been into the dark for 8-9 months now).
Got a little bugreport:
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Home Ultimate 64bit
Issue: Random crashes in Wallet
Description: The wallet seems to randomly crash, the only thing I noticed during the last crash was that a block was created/found in the exactly same moment (was tailing logs).

Congrats to Dev team for a great release!

DrkMiner

Jun 7, 2014
Latest version is unresponsive and crashes often with "dust" transactions.

Windows 7 64 bit

Why can't we get the same performance as in Darkcoil wallet??

oblox

Aug 6, 2014
Latest version is unresponsive and crashes often with "dust" transactions.

Windows 7 64 bit

Why can't we get the same performance as in Darkcoil wallet??
Well, Darkcoil doesn't have DS (and masternode support iirc). Not sure where the optimizations lie.

DrkMiner

Jun 7, 2014
Well, Darkcoil doesn't have DS (and masternode support iirc). Not sure where the optimizations lie.
Problem is with very small payments from P2Pool. I'm talking about 15 "dust" payments per day.
DS and MN should not cause it. These are incoming transactions.

oblox

Aug 6, 2014
Problem is with very small payments from P2Pool. I'm talking about 15 "dust" payments per day.
DS and MN should not cause it. These are incoming transactions.
Yeah, I hear you. You're left at the moment with either using with daemon to group and send dust and micro payments or Darkcoil.

crowning

May 29, 2014
Alpha Centauri Bc
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: UdjinM6

PatMan

Aug 15, 2014
I found that this version of the wallet was completely unresponsive & locked up every time I went to do something with it on win7 64bit - unusable, so I went back to using darkcoil again.

I too use p2pool, so maybe this has something to do with it, but I also saw a post on bitcointalk from someone who couldn't use the daemon with p2pool at all - it wouldn't connect:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10178011#msg10178011

Peace :)

deusstultus

Dec 5, 2014
I found that this version of the wallet was completely unresponsive & locked up every time I went to do something with it on win7 64bit - unusable, so I went back to using darkcoil again.

I too use p2pool, so maybe this has something to do with it, but I also saw a post on bitcointalk from someone who couldn't use the daemon with p2pool at all - it wouldn't connect:

Backup wallet and run once with -upgradewallet -zapwallettxes

patrolman

Mar 9, 2014
www.dash.pics

I had the 64bit Linux client freeze on me once, which has never happened before. It's a fairly bare-bones Xubuntu installation with nothing else I've installed running.

Mixing seems to have hit a wall. I'm getting all sorts of funky messages above the Darksend mixing buttons. It would be great if it were possible to select the text and copy it, because it changes quite often. Some of the messages I have seen are:

Submitted to masternode, waiting in queue .
Darksend is idle.
Darksend request incomplete: transaction not valid. Will retry
Masternode: transaction not valid
Masternode: not compatible with existing transactions
Submitted to masternode, entries 2/3
Submitted to masternode, Waiting for more entries (2/3)..
... collateral not valid
Masternode: collateral not valid

I imagine that a lot of these have to do with the fact that only about 35% of Masternodes have updated to the latest version.

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
I had the 64bit Linux client freeze on me once, which has never happened before. It's a fairly bare-bones Xubuntu installation with nothing else I've installed running.

Mixing seems to have hit a wall. I'm getting all sorts of funky messages above the Darksend mixing buttons. It would be great if it were possible to select the text and copy it, because it changes quite often. Some of the messages I have seen are:

Submitted to masternode, waiting in queue .
Darksend is idle.
Darksend request incomplete: transaction not valid. Will retry
Masternode: transaction not valid
Masternode: not compatible with existing transactions
Submitted to masternode, entries 2/3
Submitted to masternode, Waiting for more entries (2/3)..
... collateral not valid
Masternode: collateral not valid

I imagine that a lot of these have to do with the fact that only about 35% of Masternodes have updated to the latest version.
No, those are not "funky" messages.. lol... Those messages are letting you know what the mixing is doing.

patrolman

Mar 9, 2014
www.dash.pics
It's probably worth pointing out that since about 02:30 CET on my 'Transactions' tab I have four 'Payment to yourself' of -0.10 another one of -0.0001 and haven't had a 'Darksend Denominate' since then. The client hasn't been running the whole time but it has been running most of the time