• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.15 - Onyx Release

I think this only tells you that your node sees itself as masternode. Some reported earlier that he did not see his other nodes on different machine. And, the inactivity shown in drk.mn or poolhash is about how many nodes see your node as a masternode. Right?
If your MN reports itself as a Masternode, it's a Masternode, end of story, fiddling with it is pointless.

Other MNs or your local daemon may or may not agree, they all should if they are the same protocol version, but eg. chaeplin's MNs which supply the data to his page are all still 10.15.13, so cannot be trusted to provide accurate information.

Use your desktop client then. But looks like the list may be cached for some time.
I have scripts on my masternode to check its status every 3 minutes. After the 0.10.15.16 patch, it is still on the MN list. However, I have another script checking poolhash every 3 minutes. It was disconnected by one node after 8 hours, by all other nodes after 2 additional hours. One scenario is that someone sees my node could get a MN payment and he starts banning my node by sending fake messages to others on the network. Then, the network bans me and if the attacker does this to many nodes, they have a very high chance of getting the payment. This is just my guess because I also got some not_detected payments.

EDIT: Another 5 hours later, the node did not appear as a MN on drk.poolhash.org! So, when others do not see my node as a masternode, how will it get paid as a masternode? I wish drk.mn has the API so that I can write a script to check the activity of my MN on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your MN reports itself as a Masternode, it's a Masternode, end of story, fiddling with it is pointless.

Other MNs or your local daemon may or may not agree, they all should if they are the same protocol version, but eg. chaeplin's MNs which supply the data to his page are all still 10.15.13, so cannot be trusted to provide accurate information.
Versions after 0.10.15.13 at the moment all have the same PROTOCOL_VERSION.

Versions after 0.10.15.13 at the moment all have the same PROTOCOL_VERSION.
I did italicise the 'should.' :wink:

10.15.13 lacks a few little fixes that Evan put into later builds. I've so far had no inconsistencies across any of my 10.15.16's.

Having a MN go a day or two (or three) without a payment isn't that unusual. The fothcoming system should hopefully correct this.

I did italicise the 'should.' :wink:

10.15.13 lacks a few little fixes that Evan put into later builds. I've so far had no inconsistencies across any of my 10.15.16's.
Or, the attacker has figured out how to do this in a stealth manner so that we don't see it at all. After all, this is darkcoin so attack should go dark as well. :sad: BTW, the patch that prevents the node from reporting dying is increasing some time window. As someone who is not familiar with the entire source code, I think that would not really fix the problem we are seeing. Of course, the enforcement may fix it. So, I can only wait patiently as Moli suggested. Hope the enforcement will not disappoint me.

EDIT: "attack should go dark as well" is a bad joke on myself. Don't mean to imply anything that may offend anyone.

I wonder what tungfa did to get the payments rolling again.

Well, my masternodes are taken care by flare as well but I havn't got any payments rolling yet :) So it is a mere chance thing.

P.S. We have about64 blocks left till Rainman's arrival. Make it rain, make it rain!! :tongue:

Where can I find
It is a very nice service at a very reasonable fee. However, isn't the idea of distributing masternodes all over the internet one of the goals of having many running their own masternodes? People were even saying not to host masternodes on cloud servers because you don't want to let the root seeing the traffic going through these masternodes. I know the ISP still can but at least not all going through some organization that ... (fill in whatever you want).

Where can I find

It is a very nice service at a very reasonable fee. However, isn't the idea of distributing masternodes all over the internet one of the goals of having many running their own masternodes? People were even saying not to host masternodes on cloud servers because you don't want to let the root seeing the traffic going through these masternodes. I know the ISP still can but at least not all going through some organization that ... (fill in whatever you want).
You are perfectly right and free to host wherever you want :)

Thinking of adding multiple hosting options (at different rates) and even hosting on my own center...

You are perfectly right and free to host wherever you want :)

Thinking of adding multiple hosting options (at different rates) and even hosting on my own center...

One can practically host it only if it works and can receive payments without hacking the code like a developer. Right now, I can run the software but I cannot get payments for days. I know you guys (i.e. developers) put a lot of efforts on this. So, I guess I don't have any rights to say anything about it.

Back