• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.12.x RC4 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
****** Please Update To 10.12.13 or 9.12.13 *******

- This version automatically resets the masternode state machine after a short period of inactivity.
- Updated protocol version to kick old masternodes off

Stable Binaries
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/master-rc4/darkcoin-qt
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/master-rc4/darkcoind

RC4 Binaries ( masternodes / auto-denom )
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc4/darkcoin-qt
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc4/darkcoind

Just download the RC4 Banaries:
the darkcoind is ok and the MN has been updated.
but the darkcoin-qt seems the version is still 10.12.12?
snapshot10.png

Hi,
Is there an updated windows wallet with Darksend for testnet? I've noticed flare's newest windows wallets do not have the Darksend feature, which is needed for this testing. I am sure there are many windows users are waiting to know if they can send more than 9.99 drk through Darksend.
Thank you.

Hi,
Is there an updated windows wallet with Darksend for testnet? I've noticed flare's newest windows wallets do not have the Darksend feature, which is needed for this testing. I am sure there are many windows users are waiting to know if they can send more than 9.99 drk through Darksend.
Thank you.

Yes with RC4 you will be able to Darksend any amount. However, currently Darksend enabled wallets are linux only on testnet. So you can try to get linux set up or wait for RC4 on mainnet. It is not expected to be a long wait.

I cannot send anonymous funds, nevertheless I have enough anonymized balance. Is this only for me?

Cufj1NX
http://imgur.com/Cufj1NX

ADDITION: When I use darksend command on console, it works. However, GUI still does not work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Masternode updated.
Kick off old masternodes looks like working fine. Only 5 nodes active for now.

Edit : will all nodes on mainet kicked off after RC4 update ?

Masternode updated.
Kick off old masternodes looks like working fine. Only 5 nodes active for now.

Edit : will all nodes on mainet kicked off after RC4 update ?

Will update my fours nodes now - and yes: All mainnet nodes will be kicked and need to update to RC4 when rolled out.

Evan, can you check Use Anonymous Funds / Use Non-Anonymous Funds? They seem to be switched.
I chose Anonymous Funds and sent (without anonymous balance) and it worked (says "sent to").

Will update my fours nodes now - and yes: All mainnet nodes will be kicked and need to update to RC4 when rolled out.

If the MN's are going to be kicked when RC4 rolls, should we not allow 1-3 days for people to update the nodes and then release to the public?
1 it will build up a sort of climax - lol - and 2 it will allow for a smoother transition? (or I would think)
Maybe I'm wrong......?

If the MN's are going to be kicked when RC4 rolls, should we not allow 1-3 days for people to update the nodes and then release to the public?
1 it will build up a sort of climax - lol - and 2 it will allow for a smoother transition? (or I would think)
Maybe I'm wrong......?
In the past mainnet rollouts leveled out after ~24hrs in masternode network. The masternode protocol ('dsee' and 'dseep') is pretty stable right now.

So yes, we could have a 'two wave rollout' to mainnet, but i don't see the benefit - yet :)

In the past mainnet rollouts leveled out after ~24hrs in masternode network. The masternode protocol ('dsee' and 'dseep') is pretty stable right now.

So yes, we could have a 'two wave rollout' to mainnet, but i don't see the benefit - yet :)
I think we will see a rollout without annoncement as we all were surprised as the last time.
So maybe we see a announcement - Please Update to new version.
All other will bring much speculation to the market.

You have to type in the full address before it will validate it. I'm on linux and when I just type a x or m in it says invalid, but when I paste a full valid address in it works just fine.
Ok, but do you think that word BITCOIN is rigth when we are testing DARKCOIN wallet?

If masternodes are going to get kicked then I think a date for RC4's release should be announced in advance and the binaries available at least a couple days before said date. Otherwise people are going to claim their nodes got ninja banned and accuse insiders of scooping up tons of payments while the MN count is low. Basically it would be like a instamine for MN payments.

Obviously this is not the dev teams intention, but in this space the appearance of impropriety often is just as bad as a proven scam.

So I ask:
Is there any reason not to announce a date then give people a few days to update? Plus if RC4 is released MN payment enforcement "on" then isn't it a hardfork anyway? (Feel free to ignore the last part if the intention is to release RC4 enforcement off.)

Hi,
Thank you.
Yes, scroll one page back:

If masternodes are going to get kicked then I think a date for RC4's release should be announced in advance and the binaries available at least a couple days before said date. Otherwise people are going to claim their nodes got ninja banned and accuse insiders of scooping up tons of payments while the MN count is low. Basically it would be like a instamine for MN payments.

Obviously this is not the dev teams intention, but in this space the appearance of impropriety often is just as bad as a proven scam.

So I ask:
Is there any reason not to announce a date then give people a few days to update? Plus if RC4 is released MN payment enforcement "on" then isn't it a hardfork anyway? (Feel free to ignore the last part if the intention is to release RC4 enforcement off.)

In my opinon, do not give these speculators that only wait on a announcement a chance for short term profits on a pump & pump.
If it is technical possible to announce a update without a warning with all wallets available - do it.
All really in DRK interested people will update within 24hours and all will be fine.
We know darksend is working, so let us find the real price of DRK and release RC4 like a bomb - without a speculating pump like - is it working or not, let us pump and dump ???

Can we get back on topic? This is the RC4 testing thread, not the speculation thread.

This said, I do not feel comfortable with only testing Linux builds of the masternode/darksend client on testnet. I believe we should finalize testing with windows and mac clients as well before releasing to mainnet.

flare : Are there any plans to provide windows/mac builds for use on testnet? I assume they will all be available at the same time for mainnet use anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back