• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.12.x RC4 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had this issue - updating masternodes since 0.10.12.0

- darkcoind masternode stop
- darkcoind stop
- rm darkcoind ; wget darkcoind ; chmod u+x darkcoind
- darkcoind ; sleep 30
- darkcoind masternode start
I don't even bother with the masternode stop bit, by MNs like it rough! And 10-15 secs is usually plenty for the daemon to sort itself out before it'll accept further commands. And I've never had Vertoe's issue either test-net or main-net.

I think 24hrs notice is plenty for the main net rollout, before RC3 we had weeks of notice and laggards still hadn't updated, you can't wait forever on people, if they lose a few MN payments because they aren't paying attention or didn't bother signing up to the mailing list, tough.

Also getting collateral issues.

2r2109l.png

One suggestion:
Would it be possible to simulate the go-live of RC4 on testnet?
We all try to switch to pre-RC4 version on testnet so we have a majority of RC3 on testnet (if possible all nodes).
Then we all switch to the new RC4 version and see what happen?

I know there are far less peers on testnet but I think it would be worth it, I really would like to see what happens to MN and pools that don't update for ex.
https://test.drk.mn/networkinfo.html

One suggestion:
Would it be possible to simulate the go-live of RC4 on testnet?
We all try to switch to pre-RC4 version on testnet so we have a majority of RC3 on testnet (if possible all nodes).
Then we all switch to the new RC4 version and see what happen?

I know there are far less peers on testnet but I think it would be worth it, I really would like to see what happens to MN and pools that don't update for ex.
https://test.drk.mn/networkinfo.html
Good idea - unfortunately the RC3 client (0.9.11.6 / 0.10.11.6) is incompatible with the current testnet blockchain AFAIK. But maybe i can patch it :)

flare> Is it? I thought it was the new client that was incompatible with the old testnet.

flare> Is it? I thought it was the new client that was incompatible with the old testnet.
My impression from posts by testers here was that 0.9.11.6 clients get stuck downloading the testnet blockchain. But to be honest: I need to check to be sure :)

My impression from posts by testers here was that 0.9.11.6 clients get stuck downloading the testnet blockchain. But to be honest: I need to check to be sure :)

I think it might be because most of the nodes are 12.x so won't send anything to old nodes, isn't it?
If the majority of the nodes switch to 11.6 we might be ok. Just my theory. :D

I think it might be because most of the nodes are 12.x so won't send anything to old nodes, isn't it?
If the majority of the nodes switch to 11.6 we might be ok. Just my theory. :D
You are right, RC4 clients will deny the connection to RC3 clients, so they have no chance to get the blockchain. So it might be impossible to roll back testnet to RC3...

You are right, RC4 clients will deny the connection to RC3 clients, so they have no chance to get the blockchain. So it might be impossible to roll back testnet to RC3...
If we all rollback on the same block, we will be the majority and we will fork testnet. :)
I have 1/4th of the testnet nodes myself. :)

I am not mining neither but I can do it on 11.6 for the test, if we agree on doing it.

I would say if its at all possible to simulate the go-live of RC4 on testnet by rolling back then rolling forward to the stable version of RC4 then we do it. This will give a huge confidence boost.
We should aim to test all wallets, Linux, Mac, Windows for this test. Hope its possible. Am happy to load up 10-15 wallets in virtual machines if required :D

Rather than rolling back -- wouldn't a testnet2 set up for just launch simulations be easier? Plus, if a date is set and the community is informed then for a short time we could probably get a lot more miners/masternodes making it that much closer to mainnet.

Am I correct that the qt client now does not autodenominate unless you pass it a command line option -darksendrounds=x on launch or manually ask it to?

But the default Send behaviour is to use anonymous funds... there should be consistency one way or the other IMHO.

Sorry if I've got that wrong but the .13 client just sat there doing nothing until I told it to.

Been away for awhile. Just installed the 10.12.12 wallet. Send me some coins!

muJ4z9f1r1sejuCZs9eeynxVX7p6kCcd98

Also, does a pool need to be setup for testnet or anything else specifically worked on?

Also, does a pool need to be setup for testnet or anything else specifically worked on?
I grab mine here https://drkipn.com/test/faucet/ :wink:
EDIT: Btw it seems strange to me that wallet splits and denominates unconfirmed coins... Shouldn't it wait for coins to confirm first? Any thoughts?
FWXwbGa.png

Last edited by a moderator:

To: propulsion muJ4z9f1r1sejuCZs9eeynxVX7p6kCcd98
Debit: -6.66666666 DRK
Net amount: -6.66666666 DRK
Transaction ID: ca6bf35d15ff9a1b1dec9c5ffdb0d16da6fbc56df1707ccc3a702697c5f6763d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back