• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.12.x RC4 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep this version has stopped denominating and takes collateral
NXqHEig.png

G8G7RE5.png

Reactions: jpr
****** Please Update To 10.12.12 or 9.12.12 *******

Yet another pretty large update. I started two fresh wallets with this and denominated 8 rounds with each and haven't been hit once with the collateral bug. Let me know if anyone gets hit, I think I finally got it.

- Fixed change calc for Denominations in GUI
- Flare found a logging error for dseep, fixed
- Collateral now includes a fee (sometimes they took forever to get into a block)
- Found race condition with new blocks and clearing darksend entries that was causing some collateral fees
- Found a communication mix up where clients would see messages from the wrong masternode and think it was theirs, also causing collateral fees

DarkCoin - Wallet [testnet]_004.png

- Added "Anonymized Balance" to overview
- Added "anonymized_balance" to getinfo
DarkCoin - Wallet [testnet]_001.png

- Changed dropbox box on Send Dialog to be clearer
- Added text to the confirmation screen with what funds will be sent

DarkCoin - Wallet [testnet]_006.png

- incremented protocol version to force masternode updates

Stable Binaries
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/master-rc4/darkcoin-qt
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/master-rc4/darkcoind

RC4 Binaries ( masternodes / auto-denom )
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc4/darkcoin-qt
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc4/darkcoind

More bugs crushed! Amazing to see as always. Great additions to the GUI also. Love the confirmation screen and separate totals, maybe an overall Total under both would be useful also.

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't splitting balance==denominating? and isn't merging inputs==anonymizing? so 0s transaction is not 'Payment to yourself' but 'Darksend Denominate' and -0.001 is not 'Darksend Denominate' but 'Darksend Anonymize' (or smth like that) actually...

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't splitting balance==denominating? and isn't merging inputs==anonymizing? so 0s transaction is not 'Payment to yourself' but 'Darksend Denominate' and -0.001 is not 'Darksend Denominate' but 'Darksend Anonymize' (or smth like that) actually...

splitting balance!=denominating; merging inputs!=anonymizing. Denominating includes splitting your balance, but it's also being mixed with other split inputs. Merging the inputs doesn't anonymize anything, it is a necessary thing to merge multiple inputs to pay a larger amount.

Hmmmm.... I'll try to explain in other words (sorry for my English)
That's how the process supposed to be:

DarkSend+
Every 10 blocks, user clients network-wide will send any unmixed, traceable Darkcoins in their possession through an anonymization phase. In this phase, Masternodes are used in chained succession to mix the coins they receive from the network and break them down into homogenous denominations. After being processed by a minimum of 2 Masternodes, the coins are either sent to the next Masternode in the chain or back to the user’s wallet at randomly generated change addresses.

Depending on the desired depth of security and privacy, users may select between 2 and 8 “hops” to successive Masternodes before their coins are sent back to the client. Hops are made every 10 blocks, so anonymization at a depth of 2 hops will take 10*2*2.5=50 minutes, 3 hops 10*3*2.5=75 minutes, and so on. The desired mixing depth can be selected in the client GUI.

At the end of the anonymization phase, the user’s coins are returned to their client at randomly generated change addresses. When the user wishes to make a transaction, the client forwards the intended amount from these anonymous change addresses directly to the intended receiver’s address.
A breakdown of the improved Darksend+ process:

I50zoL_UCqeBhGHAR4J4RDzGpHQzFm5gCds5pguIGGkBFZ34J6akaC9qmF3D_HMIMHprHSUsyJiYiM7EjyWfucBHuqYCSksINovmaK0VG4LSkfsKRZVEdMMlkN3vrL3eng

And what I see in my wallet is that balance first splits (transaction with 0 fee, which I believe is Denomination in terms of plain language) and only then 'Darksend Denominate' transactions appear (-0.001 fee, which I believe is 'Anonymization Phase' according to this scheme)
EDIT: isn't this scheme wrong now btw?
EDIT2: ok, nvm, I finally got it - first it splits on single address and in 'Anonymization Phase' it splits again multiple times on multiple addresses

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back