• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.12.x Get back on testnet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vertoe

Three of Nine
catlasshrugged needs some peers and masternodes to test denominations and darksend+ but there is too less activity on the testnet.

If you have a spare machine, please consider
  • Running a masternode on testnet
  • Running a RC4 wallet on testnet with active denominations going on
  • Running a pool on testnet to keep the chain rolling
  • Running a faucet for fast free testnet coins for everyone
If you need anything, look up [STICKY] Testnet tools & resources here. For ongoing testnet work, please use this thread temporary until the RC5 testing is starting.

Cheers.

I've got a single spare high spec Windows PC with decentish GPU loads of RAM and decent CPU. What's the best way for me to put this to use to help? Futile?

I have very little spare time right now sadly.

flare my offer of spot instances still stands despite my rather expensive screw up last month! I've also got a few t2.medium instances with capacity although I would need to find some time to configure these as testnet mnodes as I have customer applications in dev on them at the moment.

In short, I want to help but I don't have much time to devote to this due to real life job but could help with some hardware.

I've got a single spare high spec Windows PC with decentish GPU loads of RAM and decent CPU. What's the best way for me to put this to use to help? Futile?

I have very little spare time right now sadly.

flare my offer of spot instances still stands despite my rather expensive screw up last month! I've also got a few t2.medium instances with capacity although I would need to find some time to configure these as testnet mnodes as I have customer applications in dev on them at the moment.

In short, I want to help but I don't have much time to devote to this due to real life job but could help with some hardware.

Happy to reveive the new instances, will setup a grid of continously denominating testnodes then.

Happy to reveive the new instances, will setup a grid of continously denominating testnodes then.

No problem. Confirm security group requirements and numbers required and I'll spin them up for you ASAP.

Don't know anything about coding but I'm a hardware freak. If there's anything specific that you guys need I can slap it together and set it up (for remote access).

I provided 6 t1.micro instances to help with RC4 testnet activities and have done the same for preparations for RC5. flare is the dev who has been using them.

Are there any other devs out there who would like some t1.micro spot instances? The bigger we can make testnet the better and whilst I can't afford to provide too many more, I'm sure there are some other members of the community who'd be happy to provide hardware resources if they knew there was a demand for them.

How much better would it be to have 200 masternodes on testnet? Is there any reason why a testnet expenses donation fund can't be created? This would allow the devs to expand testnet (if they have the human resource to do so) in addition to the volunteer resources provided. I would see this as creating a larger and more varied testnet environment and ultimately increase our ability to give RC5 a real hammering before mainnet.

So how about it? I'm not suggesting paying the devs...just providing some funds to cover a bundle of spot instances or other hardware to make testnet bigger and better.

vertoe ... would you be able to bounce this idea off the dev team?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have already 4 active MN on testnet (since the beginning of RC4 more or less) and a p2pool (that never went down).
Will try to bring up 11 more.

It's my first time contributing to testnet. Is it preferrable to use the local/remote type of masternode on testnet or does it matter? I can help with a MN or two and maybe a few wallets running denom. I just set testnet=1 in the conf file right???

It's my first time contributing to testnet. Is it preferrable to use the local/remote type of masternode on testnet or does it matter? I can help with a MN or two and maybe a few wallets running denom. I just set testnet=1 in the conf file right???
Basically, yes, just stick testnet=1 in there.

Local/remote I don't think it matters, I just run my MN wallet hot on the server, I'm not worried about anyone stealing my tDRK, in fact it would be interesting if someone tried.

For ongoing testnet work, please use this thread temporary until the RC5 testing is starting.

I'll have a windows wallet continuously denominating tDRKs. I'm also willing to send tDRKs back and forth to generate some transaction traffic.

flare
Can you keep us posted once you know more about the test plan for RC5? Thanks!

How many wallets do you reckon I can run simultaneously on a Windows PC? I know I can specify different data directories but I wonder if there is a limit to the number of instances that will be able to bind to the network interface?

I had a quick try yesterday and I seem to think 3 was the max although I didn't have a chance to look at the error message. I might do some more investigating tonight. Maybe I can do something with virtual box.

Could someone send me some tDRK please.

mujizHA4THmpcnwtap4cVXL1y7tnkbTBed

Edit: Thank you just got some tDRK

I'll have a windows wallet continuously denominating tDRKs. I'm also willing to send tDRKs back and forth to generate some transaction traffic.

flare
Can you keep us posted once you know more about the test plan for RC5? Thanks!
Don`t worry ASAP RC5 testing will go live there will be special thread for it :)

yess.. finally.. back at further anonymizing my 20.000 tDRK set for 8 Darksend Rounds
(with so few users on Testnet i got stuck at Avg rounds : 6.9/8).
Lets go guys.. i wanna see all perfect 8's today :)

its always live.. but wallet activity depends on how many users are at the same time denominating their wallet.
I'm getting lots of denominations right now so its going good.

Could someone please send me 2000 tdrk? Thanks.

n2PU5zhzhTqwm67uk1L1uM2teoghM7B3xq

its mostly my splitted into 100's and 500's that the wallet has difficulty finding a match for here on Testnet (particularly the 500's)

ERROR : found enough users but not compatable with existing transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back