• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.11.x RC3 Prelaunch Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually did this by accident, the result is a few pages back..

Dont think its the same thing. I've also managed to do buggy'ish multi-ticket too. We're talking about a third party hijacking the payouts

as flare put it

Nevertheless the attacker might use the key to sign messages to the network, so he could presumly register a new pubkey/IP combination to hijack payouts - but i have not thought through all implications of this attack-vector and if it's feasable - or if Evan has already countermeasures in place (he is usually very good at this :smile: )

3 nodes updated. I just updated daemon and ran debug command, says successfully started node.

payout stats

Node A = 45 tDRK (12%)
Node B = 140 tDRK (37%)
Noce C = 195 tDRK (51%)

Seems fair so far, still too early for equal dist. :cool:

eduffield - Any news on a block explorer, or Abe patch? I'm missing being able to check earnings quick

Abe it working, it was just stuck yesterday.

Would you have fun with it if I gave you one of my node's masternodeprivkey?
Having fun with cross-compilers currently:

Code:
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/build/distsrc$ ls -l DarkCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS
total 12064
-rwxrwxr-x 1 ubuntu ubuntu 12350516 Jun 25 21:20 DarkCoin-Qt
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/build/distsrc$ file DarkCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/DarkCoin-Qt
DarkCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/DarkCoin-Qt: Mach-O 64-bit executable

Looks very promising :smile:

As far as i understood eduffield regarding the masternodeprivkey, the key is randomly generated and never used in the wallet.
So even if someone gets access to this key, he will not have access to your 1000DRK vin.
Nevertheless the attacker might use the key to sign messages to the network, so he could presumly register a new pubkey/IP combination to hijack payouts - but i have not thought through all implications of this attack-vector and if it's feasable - or if Evan has already countermeasures in place (he is usually very good at this :smile: )

So the only thing that key can do is ping the network is say your node is alive, it can also remove it from the masternode list.

I somehow doubt thats worth hacking the masternode :grin:

I disagree. Same principle as DDoS competing pools? But then again, either a major exploit is found, or the time and trouble might not affect global payouts.

Might be the problem? BTW, what did Evan mean by new hashing algorithm? He didn't change X11, did he? Is there something else that gets hashed now as well? I missed that part, thanks for any clarification. Gotta get back to this later, so sorry!

Dear HammerHead, I didn't see a newer version posted, how do I check my version number? I mean I'm on version 10.11.02 protocolversion 70019. I don't know where to find the "x.x.x.x:18998 instead of 8998 (or 7903)"

Hard drive died, gotta put new one into the main Ubuntu. I stuck it into another machine because I thought the old drive came back to life well enough, LOL, but now I need to finally replace that drive.
The version i was referring to is the version of p2pool, which is currently commit fac408d. As I type this, tho, I realize that you didn't say you were running a p2pool, only that you were trying to mine on one. In any case, if p2pool is running on testnet, it is using port 18998 instead of port 8998 or port 7903 as on the real network. Because of this, you'd have to point your testnet miner to the the address at port 18998, which is something that I forgot when I was initially setting up a p2pool on testnet.
That said, if you ARE trying to set up a p2pool on an AWS instance, I also wanted to remind you to open port 18998 and 18999 in the security settings as well.

And if you wanted to try to determine if it is a miner config problem or a p2pool config problem, you could try pointing your miner at my testnet p2pool node, which is working at 54.88.172.2:18998. if you can't connect there, it is probably a miner issue, because I can connect from various places to that IP. If you CAN connect to my pool, then your miner is probably not the issue, and you can start working through your p2pool config.

:) because that's what I ended up doing last night :)

Code:
total 12064

Awesome!

Code:
total 12064

Awesome!

Finally got the gitian-descriptors for OSX build working.

If someone likes to test if the binary distribution is at least starting see link below - i am not able to test it, as i don't even own a mac. The binary is cross compiled on a Ubuntu precise host without any errors, so if i did not f**k up the dmg packaging it should work.

version 0.9.11.5 (Mac OSX)
--> http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/browse/DOD-DRK-28/artifact/QTL/gitian-osx-darkcoin/DarkCoin-Qt.dmg

version 0.9.11.5 (Win32)
--> http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DWD-DRK/QTL/build-23/gitian-win-darkcoin/32/darkcoin-qt.exe
--> http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DWD-DRK/QTL/build-23/gitian-win-darkcoin/32/daemon/darkcoind.exe

Next on my wishlist: Linux 32/64 and Windows 64. After that i will create a pull request for Evan, so that the descriptors can be merged into darkcoin master and we can start to distribute signed gitian-builds :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got the gitian-descriptors for OSX build working.

If someone likes to test if the binary distribution is at least starting see link below - i am not able to test it, as i don't even own a mac. The binary is cross compiled on a Ubuntu precise host without any errors, so if i did not f**k up the dmg packaging it should work.

version 0.9.11.5 (Mac OSX)
--> http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/browse/DOD-DRK-28/artifact/QTL/gitian-osx-darkcoin/DarkCoin-Qt.dmg

version 0.9.11.5 (Win32)
--> http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DWD-DRK/QTL/build-23/gitian-win-darkcoin/32/darkcoin-qt.exe
--> http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DWD-DRK/QTL/build-23/gitian-win-darkcoin/32/daemon/darkcoind.exe

Next on my wishlist: Linux 32/64 and Windows 64. After that i will create a pull request for Evan, so that the descriptors can be merged into darkcoin master and we can start to distribute signed gitian-builds :smile:
Nice! I was able to run it on mac but have some strange fonts:
original:
A0g1dOn.png

your version:
H7vmRjP.png

Didn't tested send/receive though

EDIT: it looks more "strange" live then on screenshot, don't know why...

Nice! I was able to run it on mac but have some strange fonts:
original:
A0g1dOn.png

your version:
H7vmRjP.png

Didn't tested send/receive though

EDIT: it looks more "strange" live then on screenshot, don't know why...
Thanks for the feedback.

Hmm, i ask myself if the different fonts are related to the fact that the official client is built against Qt4, where mine is built against Qt5 :)

Sorry I haven't been around and if this question is part of 10.11.04 issue, but does this mean my node is being rejected?
Code:
2014-06-27 06:38:28 received getdata for: block 000000000006b30a9c2aa4a951607b2e6eda93d96356bcb735f8c9c923d57da1 peer=246
2014-06-27 06:38:35 peer=474 says we are misbehaving 20
2014-06-27 06:38:37 peer=474 says we are misbehaving 20
2014-06-27 06:38:38 peer=474 says we are misbehaving 20
2014-06-27 06:38:55 received getdata for: block 00000000000a0ed3b90352bcb05460b176396c9b950f5fba4afc7d870c0863ca peer=246
2014-06-27 06:39:11 Got bad masternode address signature
2014-06-27 06:39:11 Misbehaving: 192.99.184.49:9999 (60 -> 80)
And will updating to 10.11.05 fix this issue for me?

Answer was yes :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So anyway, I know you all are dealing with a pool issue right now, but I can't help but wonder if you've noticed any issues yet? Have we had simultaneous block solutions? Is everything running well under the hood?

Well, I'm going to get another cheap hard drive tomorrow, LOL (i have the worst luck with HDs) and start up another old machine so I can run a masternode and mine on testnet. And if I can get my cpu miner working on my current ubuntu, I'll have that one up and running too. That way I'll be ready to slip in new versions of the wallet and it won't take me forever to catch up with the testing (as usual, LOL)

Hope we can start soon! (need dancing baby pic here) :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back