• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Update to 0.9.4.4 or 0.10.8.4 to prepare for the hardfork on May 25!

Sorry to ask this, but when do the actual payments begin? Wondering, I was told the 25th...then the 24th...
I can't find an official announcement. What time? And which day?
I ask because, as most of us will feel the same I'm sure - I want to make sure everything is working, but I can't until I know I'm supposed to be getting payments.

Sorry to sound rude - I swear it isn't meant to. I love this community and coin - have been gone a while busy with other things - but am still here in the background.

Go to this page : http://drk.poolhash.org/poolhash.html and check below the graphics and search for the line: 'Masternode payment start : xx.x hours left

Cheers!

stupid question here, but i want to setup two MNs with local/remote setup. I have one going, but since the local QT wallet needs to be open for the MN to stay active, do I need to install a second local QT client and have that started for the second MN? If so, can i share the location of the blockchain data so that I don't need to download it twice? I know I can use the -datadir switch to tell it where to look, but then how do I tell the second local QT wallet where to find the second wallet (to be used for the second MN), since the wallet seems to be stored in the same directory as the blockchain data? Thanks!

I might be wrong but by experience each local wallet need to have different IP. If you do not have access to multiple IPs from your ISP you can setup a (not so) local wallet on a free Amazon instance.
A call to the community: I am wrong ?

stupid question here, but i want to setup two MNs with local/remote setup. I have one going, but since the local QT wallet needs to be open for the MN to stay active, do I need to install a second local QT client and have that started for the second MN? If so, can i share the location of the blockchain data so that I don't need to download it twice? I know I can use the -datadir switch to tell it where to look, but then how do I tell the second local QT wallet where to find the second wallet (to be used for the second MN), since the wallet seems to be stored in the same directory as the blockchain data? Thanks!
The --datadir flag will point to a completely new data directory. This would include a new blockchain and wallet. Nothing wrong so far.

A problem does occur where you need a new IP address for each MN you run. Remote and local.

The --datadir flag will point to a completely new data directory. This would include a new blockchain and wallet. Nothing wrong so far.

A problem does occur where you need a new IP address for each MN you run. Remote and local.

Thanks for the info, so changing the port for the second local QT wallet to something different would not work, the ip has to be different from the first local wallet too? In my network, I have 2 computers that are connected via a router. Each computer has its own private IP address obviously, but the public IP address is the same as both computers go through the router gateway. So this config won't support 2 master nodes then :( ?

Thanks for the info, so changing the port for the second local QT wallet to something different would not work, the ip has to be different from the first local wallet too? In my network, I have 2 computers that are connected via a router. Each computer has its own private IP address obviously, but the public IP address is the same as both computers go through the router gateway. So this config won't support 2 master nodes then :( ?

Right, unless you have more then one Public IP address.

Right, unless you have more then one Public IP address.

And that would only be available through the ISP or would a VPN help with this? The thing is, I am wanting to run both local QT wallet off the same computer. I thought since the remote server have different IP addresses this would be enough as the IP address of the remote server is what shows up in the MN list?

At the moment, the local wallet has to be alive 24/7. Theoretically I guess you could tunnel one instance of darkcoind through a VPN but even then, that's not guaranteed to be static or alive 24/7.

More trouble then what it's worth. You would be better off having two separate cloud servers each with their own IP address. Then using one as local against the other.

Well in my setup I have 2 remote servers / 1 local server with the two local wallets online using the --datadir flag.
They've been running stable for days now so I think you can have multiple local wallets on the same IP.

Hello
I am getting a little worried. I do not see my node on http://drk.poolhash.org/darksend.html or http://darkcoin.io/masternodes.txt but I do see it when I run:
darkcoind masternodes list
and when I did the restart yesterday all was well, I get all the correct log messages and it seems to be running fine. I followed the instructions and waited 10 minutes before a restart etc.

Thanks for any input

I have this exact same problem. Please post if you find a solution, everything seems fine I can see my node on my own list. But it just does not appear on the other ones.

I have this exact same problem. Please post if you find a solution, everything seems fine I can see my node on my own list. But it just does not appear on the other ones.

Update. I can now see my IP in the darkcoin.io/masternodes.txt and on the poolhash site. It seems it takes a long time for it to pop up. I did a restart of my masternode yesterday and it just popped up. So I would say that it is random, and that you have to wait and see.

Perhaps not the best answer...

Would be great if any of the devs could answer and confirm how you know that all is OK. Like error messages in debug.log etc. What you should look out for.

Update. I can now see my IP in the darkcoin.io/masternodes.txt and on the poolhash site. It seems it takes a long time for it to pop up. I did a restart of my masternode yesterday and it just popped up. So I would say that it is random, and that you have to wait and see.

Perhaps not the best answer...

Would be great if any of the devs could answer and confirm how you know that all is OK. Like error messages in debug.log etc. What you should look out for.
Thx. Do you have nodes on your darkcoin.conf? If you do, which ones?

i got one masternode thats sick - did not show up in the list over night :( I now did the masternode stop command, shutdown the whole server for an hour. Gave it a new "elastic ip" and restarted procedure. Now the masternode wont even show on local masternode list. But it started successful on the console

Here this will solve it! :smile:

Problem:

Hey guys, there is no way I can make my nodes show on Chaeplins list, yet when I do masternode list, in the node itself they show as being active. Should I add some nodes to the conf file? What do you recommend? I would really appreciate the help.

Solution:

OK, I solved my problem ;D. Special thanks to Tifozi on IRC and philipmicklon for his post on darkcointalk.org. I am posting this so it can help others too. My problem was that I have been setting up and playing with masternodes since previous versions. And since the last update I had problems seeing my masternodes in the darkcoin.io/masternodes.txt. My node would show status 1 on his own list but wouldnt appear on others. It turns out it was because I was reusing the wallet.dat files meaning if I terminated an instance and created a new one I thought I could use again the same wallet.dat with the 1K dark since it was no longer in use in the previous one. It turns out you cant do this you have to send the coins to a new address with each new setup even if the wallet is no longer in use. What is really misleading is that you will get "succesfully starting masternode" when you are reusing a wallet so you will think is OK, but it is not. Information on this should be included somewhere. Cheers. I am happy now will set some more nodes before the fork. ;D

How do I know my masternode is working? I wasn't on testnet - so I'm not sure what to look for in the debug log. I have "1"s on all the lists I have access to - is that the only indicator? Is there anything I can spot in the log to know if my masternode is working properly?

Thanks.

Hey guys I'm probably being an utter muppet here, but can someone confirm the TIME of the changeover? I know it's arbitrarily "25th", but how long do we have left? I'm seriously sick and need to get updated is all.

So if I update the wallet before OR after i am okay right? This mainly applies to masternodes? (Sorry for the noobs!)

Edit: like before or after the 25th 12:00am.

Back