Universal Dividend and Web of Trust for Dash (v2)

Would you like a Universal Dividend and/or/xor a Web of Trust to be incorporated in Dash?

• yes for both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes for the Universal Dividend

• yes for the Web of Trust

• other

• Total voters

vazaki3

Jul 1, 2019
apogee.dynu.net
Dash Address
XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
The original thread was locked, so I repost this thread, in order for the discussion to be continued, and most importantly, in order for the vote to be continued.

This is just a question.

Universal Dividend means that everyone who owns a dash wallet, he gets a basic income just for beeing a member of the community. This basic income could be from 0 dashcoins to total_dashcoins/members, and this could be a subject to vote.

In order to give a basic income, of course a Web of Trust is needed. Because we have to distinguish dash members that are real persons, and not alternative accounts.

So what do you think about it?

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Jul 12, 2015
The problem is, dash is not suited for this kind of thing and certainly can not compete on income. We'd get eaten alive trying to compete on ROI or APR. Just look at Ryan's failed attempt to increase the masternode count.

From all these income streams, whether it's masternode rewards or staking in general, "investors" invariably spend a portion of their income buying bitcoin, knowing full well that trying to earn bitcoin is a much harder affair. In other words, all these staking options amount to "easy money".

I think we should do the opposite, though to what amount I'm not sure. I think we should setup a proposal to burn, say, 5 million dash via a hardfork. "Burn" is not the right word because it would never be created but you know what I mean, to dramatically decrease the total supply.

vazaki3

Jul 1, 2019
apogee.dynu.net
Dash Address
From all these income streams, whether it's masternode rewards or staking in general, "investors" invariably spend a portion of their income buying bitcoin, knowing full well that trying to earn bitcoin is a much harder affair. In other words, all these staking options amount to "easy money".
Thats what the web of trust/ proof of individuality is ment for.
We will know which members sell their dash to another coin, then decide to reduce their basic income.

The basic income will be a subject to vote. A "vote the numbers" vote.
So it could also be 0 dash for everyone (meaning no basic income at all), in case we decide that.

I think we should do the opposite, though to what amount I'm not sure. I think we should setup a proposal to burn, say, 5 million dash via a hardfork. "Burn" is not the right word because it would never be created but you know what I mean, to dramatically decrease the total supply.
Burn some millions of dash? I agree. Lets "vote the numbers" for that too.

Last edited:

vazaki3

Jul 1, 2019
apogee.dynu.net
Dash Address
Last edited: