Reverting RC3 Masternode Payments Fork

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

ScioMind

May 28, 2014
In that tutorial "cgminer" should be "minerd" I think ;)
Can you clear this up for me? During installation I downloaded cgminer, but to run the miner the command is minerd...it seemed odd to me that it was this way as well. So...did I download the wrong thing? Or execute/start it incorrectly? I am really trying to get this right, both for my own use and also as a reliable tutorial for the community.

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
Can you clear this up for me? During installation I downloaded cgminer, but to run the miner the command is minerd...it seemed odd to me that it was this way as well. So...did I download the wrong thing? Or execute/start it incorrectly? I am really trying to get this right, both for my own use and also as a reliable tutorial for the community.
Well, your instructions says "Install cgminer", "Running Cgminer" and so on but commands you provide are for minerd. cgminer is for minining using GPU and minerd is for mining using CPU. So in case you run it on your server (and I guess there is no GPU on it) these commands are ok but you have to correct the text itself to make things consistent.

ScioMind

May 28, 2014
Thanks for the clarification. You are right, and I will change the text.

Do you (or anyone else) know if the P2Pool installation part was correct? I read somewhere about needing to change a line in some python file, but not sure if that actually applies to me, or if this is something which needs to be done before or after compiling...or whatever as the case may be. And for that matter, I am not sure what line or file. Again, any help would be most appreciated.

David

Dash Support Group
Jun 21, 2014
Sciomind, I'm lost here...on the very last line of the darkcoin.conf what do I enter for externalip=<ip.add.re.ss>?