• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Rebranding and Scalability

The community doesn't seem to like this, at least not this approach, and probably not the option of "dash".

Maybe a re-branding is a good idea, but rather than a new thread surprising everyone, first a talk with core developers, foundation members and main investors would be the way.

I personally like DARKCOIN, but if there is a re-brand I think it must continue carrying the main feature that made DRK what it is, the anonymous transactions.

Darkcoin is a name that implies a whole concept of force with a touch of mystery. Renaming is to dilute its strength. Bitcoin grows with currency is stigma of terrorists and to improve the image have been flirting with regulations, and this weakens.
Do not change the name, do so at risk of becoming another criptomoneda more.
I do not know if this has to do with the falling price of 0.01000000 DRK until today.

Last edited by a moderator:
The community doesn't seem to like this, at least not this approach, and probably not the option of "dash".

Maybe a re-branding is a good idea, but rather than a new thread surprising everyone, first a talk with core developers, foundation members and main investors would be the way.

I personally like DARKCOIN, but if there is a re-brand I think it must continue carrying the main feature that made DRK what it is, the anonymous transactions.

You'll never be sure of that until a vote is set up. Price does NOT reflect general consensus.

We need to trust people like Minotaur, Fernando, tungfa, TaoofSatoshi, ... because they are working in the field and have practical understanding want potential users and partners need. (And they are even more competent in this question than professional marketing and branding agencies with just theoretical knowledge in crypto).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the first step was for Evan to share his decision about rebranding with the community so we could all discuss it and share our opinions about it.

After that, the first thing we need to know is whether we would be using the same colors, fonts, logo, and if not what is changing. When that is clear, I think we will have to start from rebranding the wallets, our main websites: darkcoin.io and darkcointalk.org and all social media sites.

Before we flip the switch, we will need to do a proper press release about it, share it with the media, do interviews, so on and so forth. Then when is finally official we go crazy in social media, release the new video, etc.

So we still have a lot of work in front of us.

you are getting way ahead of yourself there
it is not just some new color and a new logo !
rebranding needs a new mission statement , that is what you are really rebrand.

.... doing a Preas Release ....
you kidding me, we have so many good potentials (contacts) for making a real launch out of this (and we have to), I send out an email last night !!
I only hope somebody will listen as if we do this as gurillia style like this we would lose a huge opportunity !

Initial Twitter reactions positive...

can we just hold on with the tweeting around ?
God dam ...
"how to confuse a market"
or what is the idea
we do not even know what we are doing , what evan is thinking and has planned .... there is no need to get your Twitter people involfed in this and start your "PR" empty handed !!!

can we just sort this out for a minute !!!

I agree that PRing is premature at best until it has been 100% finalized. Just makes the most sense from a practical standpoint.

After reading all comments, I still don't care what the name is. The thing that amazes me is how could you not discuss this with your core developers before even making this post? Why not *see what kind of an affect it has on the people doing work. Who gives a shit what *the community thinks. Discuss this with the people who matter most, the developers. Without them we no longer have a "Dev team that can match bitcoin" .
*edited for grammer / spelling errors

Last edited:
I appreciate that we have been evolved in this stage and totally agree with the Rebranding.

I DO like #darkcoin , but if we wanna make a really big and serious business, we should rebranding. It's painful i admit it. No pain no gain.

The only thing i concern about : Do we have a plan about how to promote/deploy it and the risk control?

can we just hold on with the tweeting around ?
God dam ...
"how to confuse a market"
or what is the idea
we do not even know what we are doing , what evan is thinking and has planned .... there is no need to get your Twitter people involfed in this and start your "PR" empty handed !!!

can we just sort this out for a minute !!!

That's Tao for you. Don't know why you feel the need to lie Tao and push things a certain way according to your agenda.

Twitter is laughing at "Dash" in a variety of ways. Announce that the rebrand of Dash was just a suggestion and final name is to be determined and people will calm the fuck down.

pWMRpJ7.png

WTF
there is NO voting here !
same as the post on the Official Twitter

think first , post after !
:mad:

Just a word to general branding !

The message is more important than the logo or name !
you can call yourself google (what does that even mean) and be (not in my view, but from a PR) the coolest most innovative company on the planet !

Dash or not will be the same, it all depends on the message we will attach to that rebranding !
that will defy us (logo and color are only there to support that message) !

It is not just about coming out with new graphics and posting them around
it is about a message we have to work on and translate.
Coming from DRK is great (as it gives us the whole anonymity angle)
and sure we will (i hope so) keep that in the future message.
With the rebrand we can go so much further (message wise) than we ever could with DRK !

Think about it
i am heartbroken too over DRK,
but this is really an opportunity for all of us to step out of the corner market (Anon's)
and go for the entire BTC market,
show what we have, how far we came and what we can do.

This is an amazing opportunity.

I would have never put this out to the community like this,
but cudos to Evan, transparency 1st !

Hey, it is you guys that need to calm down.

I posted that Evan is "investigating" a name change on the official Twitter, is that not the case? Nothing controversial there, just fact.

And, an unofficial poll on my Chameleon account is not cause for panic either, I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Read, people.

Nowhere did I say it was a done deal. I do hope it is, however. We will get significant investments if this goes through. I will reply to responses later as I am at work.

I posted that Evan is "investigating" a name change on the official Twitter, is that not the case? Nothing controversial there, just fact.

And, an unofficial poll on my Chameleon account is not cause for panic either, I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Read, people.

Nowhere did I say it was a done deal. I do hope it is, however. We will get significant investments if this goes through. I will reply to responses later as I am at work.

PR means
Public Relations:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_relations
Public relations (PR) is the practice of managing the spread of information between an individual or an organization

you are getting way ahead of yourself there
it is not just some new color and a new logo !
rebranding needs a new mission statement , that is what you are really rebrand.

.... doing a Preas Release ....
you kidding me, we have so many good potentials (contacts) for making a real launch out of this (and we have to), I send out an email last night !!
I only hope somebody will listen as if we do this as gurillia style like this we would lose a huge opportunity !

I was just listing some things we need to do, by no means is that the full list. We do need to do a press release, the press release can happen after the official launch, exclusive, etc, but yeah after the official launch we need to do a public release.

Read, people.

We honestly should not have posted anything on the official twitter, too early still, but I guess is a little bit late now. You should have consulted with Evan first on such a sensitive issue.

Back