• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC5 Launch (MANDATORY UPDATE)

Everybody, time is max 3 weeks to do it or when we hit 90% of updation. After this every single not updated will be kicked off.

I just terminated one of my masternode servers and launched a new one but it was given some of the same IP addresses and now I have duplicate entries in the masternode list. How long until they disappear? It looks a mess!

I just terminated one of my masternode servers and launched a new one but it was given some of the same IP addresses and now I have duplicate entries in the masternode list. How long until they disappear? It looks a mess!
I did something similar when updating for RC4. I stopped the two masternodes messed up together, tried again 24h later and everything went fine.

I won't have access to my cold wallets for the next 8 days or so.

5 questions:

1. I do nothing, local/remote darkcoind stay at RC4. Do I get coins or not?
  2. The remote wallet is updated to RC5, local wallet not. Is it dangerous to update the local wallet later when I have access to it again?
  3. Evan is hit by a bus and no one can answer my question?
  4. There are just 4 questions. Why did I write 5?
1. Not sure, but I'd say yes until enforcement?
2. If you do that you won't be able to restart masternodes because you need to start them from local wallet
3. The bus would break in half and Evan would keep walking as if nothing happened
4. You went to play pool instead of going to class when in kindergarden :)

Send 1K to own address(holding 1K) again using cold wallet.
It will invalidate previous entry.
After 7 confirmation, start Masternode.

Usually 'masternode stop' will remove duplicated entry.
But if you have problem, send 1K to a new address or own address.

I use 'own address', because I don't need to back up again.

Hi,

Do I need to generate a brand new wallet?
Is that as simple as moving the wallet.dat out, creating a new one, then swapping them to send funds from old to new? Won't that screw up the remote masternode?

Hey guys, what is actually the difference between the RC5 .14 and the .15 build? There's currently no information about that on github. Is an update from RC5 .14 to RC5 .15 mandatory?

Hey guys, what is actually the difference between the RC5 .14 and the .15 build? There's currently no information about that on github. Is an update from RC5 .14 to RC5 .15 mandatory?
v15 is just for removing that debugging button. Everything else on the network is looking good. -Evan.

Couple questions...

Anybody know why

/usr/bin/darkcoind getinfo
and
darkcoind masternode list | grep <MN IP>

Would not be working on the remote MN server?
It started before RC5 update

and
I started a 100DRK in 4 Rounds with 80DRK in the WIN Qt at 17:35 EST
Only 50% completed now 20:59 EST

I first sent all coins to myself - to a new addy

Anybody else experiencing anything like this?

Couple questions...

Anybody know why

/usr/bin/darkcoind getinfo
and
darkcoind masternode list | grep <MN IP>

Would not be working on the remote MN server?
It started before RC5 update

and
I started a 100DRK in 4 Rounds with 80DRK in the WIN Qt at 17:35 EST
Only 50% completed now 20:59 EST

I first sent all coins to myself - to a new addy

Anybody else experiencing anything like this?

Okay - now that's just weird

both cmd's are working now - weird

darkcoind masternode list | grep 54.194.176.186
"54.194.176.186:9999" : 1,
ubuntu@ip-XXX-XXX-XXX-90:~$ /usr/bin/darkcoind getinfo
{
"version" : 101315,
"protocolversion" : 70038,
"walletversion" : 60001,
"balance" : 0.00000000,
"anonymized_balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 140667,
"timeoffset" : 0,
"connections" : 11,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 4050.31536599,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1411407802,
"keypoolsize" : 1001,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"mininput" : 0.00001000,
"errors" : ""
}

Go figure - uh

Hi,

Do I need to generate a brand new wallet?
Is that as simple as moving the wallet.dat out, creating a new one, then swapping them to send funds from old to new? Won't that screw up the remote masternode?
If you are running a cold/remote setup, you don't need to send the coins to a new address because your config file with the setting masternode=1 disabled darksend at startup (no need to worry about 100 vs 1000 keypool). When you want to actually send your coins, you would send a fresh wallet generated in RC5.

Basically, update the daemon running on your remote server to RC5, then your local client to RC5 and run masternode start. Works fine.

Back