RC4 Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGCMiner

Jun 8, 2014
Same issue here -- seems like the coins are being mixed, but the number of rounds doesn't increase past 1 so denomination goes on forever. Has someone told Evan about this?

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
Same issue here -- seems like the coins are being mixed, but the number of rounds doesn't increase past 1 so denomination goes on forever. Has someone told Evan about this?
Some people posted the same problem on the RC4 Test thread. I got the same problem too.

Sapien

Mar 25, 2014
Ukraine
Ok so now it's been FIVE hours since last denominate transaction was created and it is still not confirmed. Where did it go wrong?

PalePhoenix

Jul 16, 2014
Ok so now it's been FIVE hours since last denominate transaction was created and it is still not confirmed. Where did it go wrong?
Have you tried changing your Darksend rounds to 1 in the settings? Several of us have had hung transactions and used that method to clear thing up... at least until Evan can address the problem.

There's some rather serious bugs yet to be worked out in this release.

JGCMiner

Jun 8, 2014
Yes, that's why it stopped creating more transactions i think, but the last one is stuck now and is not on the blockchain.
Try setting it back to the default 2. Maybe that will restart the denomination process and the coins will unlock.

Sapien

Mar 25, 2014
Ukraine
Try setting it back to the default 2. Maybe that will restart the denomination process and the coins will unlock.
Now it says "darkSend Status => ERROR : missing input tx information" and is doing nothing. It tries to use that last transaction to denominate further, but it's not on the blockchain so i guess it just fails

JGCMiner

Jun 8, 2014
Changed it back to 2 rounds and now it seems to be moving again.
Until the rounds issue is fixed, I would leave it on 2 until all your inputs in "coin control" show darksend rounds =1 AND no coins are unconfirmed and then switch it back to 1. That process worked for me.

Now it says "darkSend Status => ERROR : missing input tx information" and is doing nothing. It tries to use that last transaction to denominate further, but it's not on the blockchain so i guess it just fails
If it is not on the blockchain then you may be having the same problem Camo was having on bitcointalk.

Problem:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg8342037#msg8342037

Solution:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg8342809#msg8342809

Raico

Foundation Member
May 28, 2014
Bravo~!

Looking backward to BTC,LTC. Innovation keeps crypto currency alive and forward. Once we lost that, Just look at what's happening on LTC and would be happening on BTC.

Sapien

Mar 25, 2014
Ukraine
Until the rounds issue is fixed, I would leave it on 2 until all your inputs in "coin control" show darksend rounds =1 AND no coins are unconfirmed and then switch it back to 1. That process worked for me.

If it is not on the blockchain then you may be having the same problem Camo was having on bitcointalk.

Problem:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg8342037#msg8342037

Solution:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg8342809#msg8342809
Tried it and --salvagewallet returns only 500 drk instead of 623.6.

JGCMiner

Jun 8, 2014
Well tifozi was the one who helped camo, so I would jump on irc or ask at bitcointalk...

LonnieDRR

Jun 24, 2014
Canada
mine has stopped again. Gets to a new Darksend Denominate transaction and just sits at 0/6 confirmations and nothing happens.

dotnetmin

Jun 21, 2014
Does that mean your MN ( which is updated ) only get payments from pools that also have updated or doesn´t it matter which version they are running as long as your MN is on latest version ?
I still don´t know how it works. Can someone please explain tom me.
118731 was paid for me 118735 not
upload_2014-8-14_7-57-26.png

thelonecrouton

Foundation Member
Apr 15, 2014
I still don´t know how it works. Can someone please explain tom me.
118731 was paid for me 118735 not
View attachment 360
118735 was paid to a MN still running RC3 because that pool is still running RC3 and 118731 was paid to you instead of the other MN I think because there was some dispute in the voting, this time you got lucky but it can go either way.

Reactions: dotnetmin

JGCMiner

Jun 8, 2014
mine has stopped again. Gets to a new Darksend Denominate transaction and just sits at 0/6 confirmations and nothing happens.
It seems this problem was reported a couple times on bitcointalk as well. As I posted on those forums:

Overall I think the launch went well. Most people have had their coins denominated and to date all major "DRK are gone" problems have been resolved. At this point there are 2 issues I see that need to be addressed.
1) Darksend rounds > 1 never finishes denomination for a number of users (myself included)
2) Handful of users aren't seeing their transactions confirmed and be included in the blockchain -- this results in the coins getting stuck.
I expect Evan to take care of these in the next day or two.

flare

Grizzled Member
May 18, 2014
Germany
1) Darksend rounds > 1 never finishes denomination for a number of users (myself included)
--> http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-14

2) Handful of users aren't seeing their transactions confirmed and be included in the blockchain -- this results in the coins getting stuck.
I expect Evan to take care of these in the next day or two.
--> http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-5

Please everyone: If you encounter issues with v27, don't hesitate to file a bug report in our bugtracker. Thanks!

Reactions: Light and JGCMiner

stonehedge

Foundation Member
Jul 31, 2014
I think just over half of masternodes have updated now. I'm hoping to update mine today. I'd be interested to know what the new wallet take up is like.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a post release update in a week or so to summarise any issues and make a state of the union address? ;)

yidakee

Foundation Member
Apr 16, 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
In the interests of science I tried unlocking 80DRK worth of inputs and sending them to one of my MNs but thankfully it wouldn't let me, so hopefully just a cosmetic issue and not a showstopper... :eek:

edit:changed DS+ rounds from 2 to 1 and the original 44DRK (it was actually 44. something) are now showing as anonymised but the wallet still thinks it has another 44 -
I don't know if anyone has answered, as I'm trying to catch up with the posts.... However, if you close your wallet and re-open it, I'm sure it'll show the correct balance. Since it's still happening, we should put it down as a bug perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.