• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC4 issues, bugs & feature requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feature request: that updated darkcoind binaries are/remain directly dowloadable by themselves without being bundled with other stuff in a tarball. Makes automated updating a bit simpler for [strikethrough]everyone[/strikethrough] me. :tongue:

Yeah I am totally backing this one as well, it would indeed make things a bit easier

Feature request: that updated darkcoind binaries are/remain directly dowloadable by themselves without being bundled with other stuff in a tarball. Makes automated updating a bit simpler for [strikethrough]everyone[/strikethrough] me. :tongue:
or they should be tar-ed not only in .some_version.tar but in .latest.tar also

What about the 1 DRK that is only 1 round DS+ ?
eduffield needs to correct me if i am wrong, but for me there is no coin your client can pair this 1 DRK with - all other coins are in round 8 already.

What's basically missing is a feedback for the user if the client is "finished" or not :)

eduffield needs to correct me if i am wrong, but for me there is no coin your client can pair this 1 DRK with - all other coins are in round 8 already.

What's basically missing is a feedback for the user if the client is "finished" or not :)
Yep feedback will be good. I hope the new wallet is easier to use .
I'm going to put another 5 dark in the wallet to see what happens next .

yah but.... it's so fiddly the other way, and possibly prone to more mistakes? But I have to agree, it's a tiny pain, mostly when updating masternodes (more freak'in commands to remember, LOL) I also don't like being stuck with an installation wizard, though regular users might like that.... Had to use it with 0.9.12.31 to update my blocks, blah! LOL

"OK, did you originally create the wallet.dat with a version before RC4 (e.g. 0.9.11.6 / 0.10.11.6)? It turns out the different keypool sizes are causing the high cpu load.

Please try the following workaround: backup your wallet.dat (as always), let 0.10.12.31 create a new wallet.dat and transfer the coins from the old wallet to this new one. This should resolve your CPU load issues."

Yes, it's my first wallet from the first days.
Could I import an old privkey into the new wallet, or would that again cause problems with the length?​

"OK, did you originally create the wallet.dat with a version before RC4 (e.g. 0.9.11.6 / 0.10.11.6)? It turns out the different keypool sizes are causing the high cpu load.

Please try the following workaround: backup your wallet.dat (as always), let 0.10.12.31 create a new wallet.dat and transfer the coins from the old wallet to this new one. This should resolve your CPU load issues."

Yes, it's my first wallet from the first days.
Could I import an old privkey into the new wallet, or would that again cause problems with the length?​
You can import your old privkey to the new wallet - no problem.

How do you do that? I've already denominated my wallet and would rather not start over again. Yet I have the same problem. Thanks for help :)
Then you will need to export the privkey for every single address you have in your wallet, using

Code:
dumpprivkey <darkcoinaddress>

on the old wallet and

Code:
importprivkey <darkcoinprivkey> [label]

on the new wallet :)

I am searching for a more convenient way currently, but no results yet.

Then you will need to export the privkey for every single address you have in your wallet, using

Code:

on the old wallet and

Code:

Thanks flare, will the addresses show up as denominated? Or ? Thanks again :)

Code:

on the old wallet and

Code:

Disable Darksend, send balance to one (or a new) address in wallet, dumpprivkey for that address, then import into new wallet.

Code:

on the old wallet and

Code:

I'm just at it... one key has a lot of transactions, used for p2p mining.
That one takes forever, already running 4 hours on 100 + % and mostly unresponsive.

Can anyone confirm the current switches to launch darkcoind?

I think -enabledaemondarksend=1 enables Darksend but how do I set number of rounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back