Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Proposal: Reimbursements For Acquisition And Setup Of Dashtalk

Discussion in 'Pre + Budget Proposal Discussions' started by Ryan Taylor, Mar 29, 2016.

1. David

David Well-known Member
    Dash Support Group

fernando:

You have advanced your funds on more than one occasion to help Dash, as I recall. However this vote goes, I just want to thank you for that.

P.S. I hope that even if this doesn't pass, you would consider resubmitting next month. I would suggest that if you submit it very early, it will likely gain enough traction to be unassailable by the end of the month. (Early in the month, there will be fewer proposals to compete with and a longer voting period which will result in more votes. Without any reason to vote preferentially for other proposals which do not yet exist, nearly all those extra votes will likely be 'yes.')

• Like Like x 1
  2. itscrazybro

itscrazybro Active Member
    Dash Support Group

fernando I think there is a competition going on right now between your reimbursement and the Dash World proposal. I think you have a lot more support than is showing. It's just that the people that want Dash World in this budget are probably going to down vote this proposal due to only one being able to make it. That is why I suggested to split the proposal up, as it would then avoid the competition for the remaining budget funds. I think you would have a lot more votes by doing so but that is your decision.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TroyDASH

TroyDASH Well-known Member

I've been thinking about this for a bit and I do think the masternode network should find a way to fully pay back the missed budget. It just doesn't send a good message that an error occurred and the DASH network is not attempting to correct it.

There is also the issue of what caused this error to happen in the first place. Was Evan the only person who knew that there needed to be some kind of manual initialization for the budget to be paid? Was this a failure that could be attributed to the entire core team? I would hate to ask the core team / DASH foundation to help chip in because they are already not getting paid very much by the network, but in the end the ball was dropped and it is not fair for just one person who was not even responsible to foot the bill. Wherever we get the funds from, we also need to make sure that this never, ever, ever happens again. Can you imagine if an entire month's budget were to be missed a couple years from now with a budget many times this size? Nightmare. So I hope this is being addressed in the protocol development, we don't want to have to rely on an initialization that has to be started by a person.

#33 TroyDASH, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2016
  4. tungfa

tungfa Administrator
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator Moderator

that is all fixed by now + baby giraffe is now in "charge" of all budgets !

• Like Like x 1
  5. qwizzie

qwizzie Well-known Member

i think there is a lot of strategic voting going on where people vote no on this (one-time) budget proposal
    to protect their own competing budget proposal. I hope this budget proposal makes it and Fernando gets reimbursed.
    To those people strategically voting no just remember that in a few months 12.1 will be out and all budget proposals will have to be reset then anyways.

#35 qwizzie, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  6. itscrazybro

Dash Support Group

There is definitely strategic voting going on. This has a lot more support than is showing but unfortunately its either this reimbursment or Dash World. I am sure if this was split into 2 payments then it would fly through. If not then I am sure it would pass next month when more of the budget is available.

7. TroyDASH

How was it fixed (link to post?), and what does it mean for BG to be in "charge" of budgets? If it is still dependent on a human for initialization then IMO it still needs work.

• Like Like x 1
  8. David

David Well-known Member
    Dash Support Group

This was all discussed months ago in another thread on these forums. At present somebody has to send a command to finalize the budget...anybody can do it. Right now Ryan apparently sees to that, backed up by several team members. IIRC Evan is working on automating it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ericsammons

ericsammons Active Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

I tell you what, voting this month is difficult! I found myself voting "No" on proposals I might support in other months, just because I support others even more.

I just wanted to note that this is one of those proposals I support "even more." A solid, long-running forum is essential at this stage of a crypto's life cycle. I know that when I first started really exploring Dash, this forum was incredibly valuable. To stabilize it would be a good use of funds.

I would also support using public awareness funds for this if necessary; in my opinion this forum is currently the best public awareness project we have.

• Like Like x 7
  10. TroyDASH

Yes that is my understanding as well. Having a system where we are very careful to make sure that it is manually done is definitely needed as long as it is still manual, but I wouldn't call it fixed until it is automated. Evan mentioned that it should be worked on but there haven't been any updates

11. itscrazybro

Dash Support Group

Are we going to have this resubmitted? It passed the 10% threshold, even with competition. With the amount of funds that are unallocated this month, I am sure it will be an easy pass.

• Like Like x 3