• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Price Discussion Thread

I don't think that a botnet is a good excuse. We can't expect anybody who is mining to keep their coins. Why would they do that? Because the price must increase in long term?
The reason the price is dropping is the lack of buyers, lack of interest and fresh money flowing into dash. Which tells me we have got a shit PR.

The price was stable over $2 for a long time. It's slowly going down without much panic which I think is not a good sign, as there might be no bounce and it will stay down there.

You make excellent points. It's not really shit PR though, but no PR. Evan said they would start running some marketing funnels and some PR in February.

Pablo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Initially I thought that the falling price is caused by our new budgeting system. The trend downwards started around the same time when version 12 was released so there is some sort of correlation. My thinking was that there are more coins being dumped on the market in order to pay for all those proposals that were voted into existence by masternodes. Now, if we add botnet on the top of that, I can understand why the price is falling slightly. I am sure there are more things at play over here but I wouldn't blame marketing or PR. We have as good PR as we've ever had or even better. With a a proper PR we should expect the price to go up as more and more people would buy into the coin. With a lack of marketing efforts we should expect the price to stay roughly stable because it would be the same crowd buying, selling trading etc. In my humble opinion the latter is true. We are roughly the same community with some people leaving and some new people joining in, therefore the price (in terms of $) stays roughly the same (see the chart below). However, once a proper marketing campaign hits the road we should see more interest and modest rises in price.

Actually if we think about the real Year-onYear inflation I am amazed that the price is so stable. after all there is something like over 3,000 new DASH minted every single day. My very rough estimate is 15-20% Y-o-Y inflation.
4JDqlI9.png

I think it's pretty clear that Dash is valued in USD right now so don't worry about the BTC ratio really... It's $2.30 today, same as last week and three weeks before. All is well, relax :)

I think it's pretty clear that Dash is valued in USD right now so don't worry about the BTC ratio really... It's $2.30 today, same as last week and three weeks before. All is well, relax :)
Very true. Probably the real test will be how Evolution will affect the USD ratio?

How can you say dash is valued in USD if there is not a single DASH/USD market. 99% of all trade is on BTC market. And the MN could be just exchanges setting them up? Could it not? How do we know that poloniex dont keep DASH in MN instead of cold wallet or any other exchange? So even MN count is kinda meaningless?

Also, price started going down after bitfinex delisting. As well, there is not a signle good exchange for DASH...

Reactions: jpr
Its not just Dash losing value

Shapeshift
1 btc = Ltc 90.5038

As always, there will be a correction. I see this downturn as the pre Christmas sale:smile:

Its not just Dash losing value

Shapeshift
1 btc = Ltc 90.5038

As always, there will be a correction. I see this downturn as the pre Christmas sale:smile:

I am happy to buy below $2.5 but we need to start getting more online presence and acceptance for sites that take B*coin.

Sites that take bitcoin and an ability to earn DASH. What happened to darksale or something. There was an auction site?
For instance, i want to sell my PS3 for crypto (preferably DASH), but where can i do so? Dont want to use nor amazon nor ebay with their 10% charge and paypal keeping money for 30 days...

Neah, it will not go to 0,003 meaby if the btc will rise to +600$
jpr want to do the deal?
50 dash it will not go to 0,003 even till end of next week. Are you in?
IMO there will be HARD support ~0,005-0,006

jpr want to do the deal?

Yea if Otoh comes out with 50000 wall. More centralization please :)
I will not bet you as I don't need any additional emotions while watching this free fall. But thanks for the offer splawik21.

jpr want to do the deal?

I will get another node if it gets down to 0.005 for sure.
How come DASHcurex has 3000$ trade if nothign changes there? I keep checking exchange everyday, there are no ask orders, were suddenly 3k trade appeared? Is it manimupaltion ?

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dash/#markets
1 PoloniexDASH/BTC $ 41,473$ 2.15 49.87 % Recently
2 CryptsyDASH/BTC $ 21,164$ 2.05 25.45 % Recently
3 BittrexDASH/BTC $ 7,072$ 2.06 8.50 % Recently
4 useCryptosDASH/BTC $ 3,669$ 2.08 4.41 % Recently
5 DashcurexDASH/BTC $ 3,185$ 3.25 3.83 % Recently

Hmmm that is strange.
dashcurex, I thought that they had the volume of all history or they do inside buy/sell? No idea.

Fwiw, I've a hunch doge and probably bitshares are about to get pumped with the aim of knocking dash down the list. Just a heads up, please don't take it as advice on speculative trading.

Back